Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 08-27-2003, 04:35 PM   #16
SFDMALEX
Regular User

This is my setup

SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 05:10 PM   #17
AlienDB7
Regular User

Nice setup you got there! How well does the clutch work? Haven't seen any review for a pedal set with clutch. The act labs set looks promising.
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 05:26 PM   #18
Wide
Regular User

Thats so nice dude.. I like it..
Wide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 06:05 PM   #19
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by AlienDB7
Nice setup you got there! How well does the clutch work? Haven't seen any review for a pedal set with clutch. The act labs set looks promising.
They are great, the arent to many games/sims that support a fully analog clutch. From the top of my head F12002(plus all the mods, thats all I pretty much play), Papy's Nascar series, Grand Prix Legends, Live for Speed, thats pretty much it. And these are all simulators.
The pedals them self have a great feel, the way the brake pedal is designed is great. You have two sets of springs, and a rubber ball which makes it very hard to squeez the last 25% of the whole brake travel.
The throtle is very smooth. And the clutch is stiffer then the throtlle, but not as stiff as the brake. But I make my clutch very stiff since I like it that way. The pedals look 10x better in real life then they do on pictures. But there are some reliability issues, springs tend to brake some times, But Act Labs has great customer service and they send you plenty of replacement springs.

The shifter is awesome. You can put after market shift knobs on it. I have a momo knob which almost cost as much as the shifter lol. Act_Labs sells different shift plates. 4 speed 5 speed and 6 speed. The shifter comes with 7 speed +reverse. After I made my own springs for it(easy to do, very easy, all you need is an old VHS tape). Its been 8 month and its working like a charm. Playing sims without it feels like shit. You need a shifter, feels 10x better.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:11 AM   #20
initiala4
Regular User

i remember seeing a setup like that costing like 1k US? Does evey game support the manual shifter??
initiala4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 10:58 AM   #21
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by initiala4
i remember seeing a setup like that costing like 1k US? Does evey game support the manual shifter??
1k? Hell no. Computer hardware went down in price big time. You can have all of that for around 260USD+Plus 60$ for a MOMO Knob(in my case) if you want to get a nice racing seat thats another 300$.

Well there is a program which is updated regulary to support the games with the shifter and all of the big games are supported.
Old 08-28-2003, 03:41 PM   #22
AlienDB7
Regular User

Act-lab sells a combo for $245: http://www.act-labs.com/Products/racingcombo.htm
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 01:34 PM   #23
a007apl
Regular User

a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 02:10 PM   #24
Johns
Regular User

^^ the color of the diablo in the back is HOT!!
Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 10:58 PM   #25
hemi_fan
Regular User

ah, heres the new model... looks nice, but small. Usually smaller = slower or at least less power so maybe not my fav. lambo
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote