Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 01-23-2006, 04:47 AM   #1
Leco Diniz
Regular User

Default 1000 Miles Brazil, Interlagos. Pics of boxes cars and race.

Hello, I’m new in this forum, and like many people here, I love cars, sorry about my English isn’t good, but I can speak … I took many pictures of 1000 Miles Brasil 2006 Interlagos, a very traditional race in São Paulo (my city) and I will show that. It has 4 categories in the 1000 Miles, GTP1, GT2, STC and P2(Brazilian prototypes under 2001cc aspirated or supercharged, or under 3001cc aspirated)

This race commemorated 50 years of 1000 Miles Brazil.

It was a very competitive race, the pole position Pablo Robert Bonifácio, of prototype ZF, held the tip, followed for the Corvette while the Mercedes lost the third rank to the being surpassed for the Aston Martin of Christophe Bouchut.

In the lap 54, the prototype ZF started to present problems and the Corvette assumed the tip. After 1h30 of race, the prototype ZF, with engine oil emptying, abandoned the 1000 Miles Brazil. With this, the Corvette and the Aston Martin had started to dispute the first position. Between the fourth and fifth hour of race, the Corvette, with Clement Lunardi, spinned and allowed that, the Aston opened good advantage in the tip.

After six hours, the Aston Martin opened advantage still more, therefore the Corvette, with problems in the handle of the accelerator, lost some positions. It started to drizzle in the region of the race track eight hours of race and some cars had started to change the tires for the ones of rain. However, after nine hours of race, the track dried and the cars had come back to turn fast.

In 2007, the race will be a part of FIA GT calendar.

This is the Interlagos circuit:

The cars, categories, teams and pilots:

Nº Car Categorie Team Pilots
1 Aston Martin DB9R GTP1 Cirtek Motorsport Nelson Piquet / Nelson Angelo Piquet / Christophe Bouchut / Hélio Castro Neves
2 Mitsubishi Lancer STC Old Boys Racing Team Mitsubishi Eduardo Souza Ramos / Totó Porto / Ingo Hoffmann
3 Porsche GT3 GT2 CRT Rafael Derani / Walter Derani / Cesar Urnhani / Renato Cattalini
4 Saleen S7-R GTP1 Konrad Motorsports Robert Lechener / Tom Weickardt / Franz Konrad
5 Saleen S7-R GTP1 Konrad Motorsports Antonio Hermann / Didier Theys / Jean-Marc Gounon
7 Spyder P2 HT GUERRA Thiago Beilstrein / Roberto Martinez / Almir Donato
10 Ferrari 575 Maranello GTC GTP1 GPC - Giesse Squadra Corse Philip Peter / Luca Drudi / Marco Cioci
11 Ferrari 575 Maranello GTC GTP1 GPC - Giesse Squadra Corse Tarso Marques / Thiago Marques / Paulo de Tarso Marques / Philip Peter
12 Corvette C5R GTP1 GLPK Carsport Paulo Gomes / Mike Hezemans / Alencar Jr. / Clemente Lunardi
19 Maserati Trofeo Light GT2 Maserati Competições Francisco Longo / Daniel Serra / João Adibe / Chico Serra
21 ZF 01 GTP1 Scuderia 111 Paulo Bonifácio / Felipe Giaffone / Vítor Meira
22 Alfa Romeo 156 STC TekProm Eventos Uberto Molo / Cláudio Capparelli / Istvan Minach
23 Omega STC Tigueis Super Stock Carlos Tigueis Batista / Ana Cecília Carneiro de Mello / Maria Izabel Carneiro de Mello / Leandro Mussio
25 Mercedes DTM GTP1 Capuava Racing Team Juliano Losacco / Tony Kanaan / Pedro Lamy / Raul Boesel
26 Lister Storm GTP1 Capuava Racing Team Alcides Diniz / Tony Kanaan / Pedro Lamy / Raul Boesel
27 Aston Martin DB9R GTP1 Capuava Racing Team Alcides Diniz / Tony Kanaan / Pedro Lamy / Raul Boesel
30 Spyder P2 HT GUERRA Rogério Castro / Luiz Celso Freitas
32 MV GTP1 Horus Racing Paulo Machado / Edson Machado
33 Ferrari 550 GTP1 TekProm Eventos Lucas Molo / Nelson Silva Jr. / Maurício Neves
36 Ferrari 360 Modena GT2 Scuderia Playteam Giambattista Giannoccaro / Alessandro Pier Guidi / Toni Vilander
38 Vectra STC Daytona Performance Robson Duarte / Anailson Rui / Elton Dalcomo / Leonardo Brandão
42 BMW STC Eurobike Motorsport Fábio Sotto Mayor / Henry Visconde / Luiz Roberto Coutinho Nogueira / Ronaldo Sampaio Ferreira
44 Omega STC Coruja Competições Cassio Paoletti Junior / Carlos Crespo de Carvalho / Rodrigo Mendes Garcia / Roberto Baptista do Amaral
49 Spyder Turbo P2 Top Speed Motorsports Paulo Salustiano / José Eduardo Borges / Marco Medeiros
51 Spyder P2 Spyder Race Ricardo Dilser / Fernando Rebellato / Carlos Eduardo Prado
55 Porsche GT3 GT2 Stuttgart Sport Car Otávio Mesquita / Marcel Visconde / Omilton Visconde / Beto Posses
56 Porsche GT2 GT2 Stuttgart Sport Car Max Wilson / Marcel Visconde / Flávio "Nonô" Figueiredo
58 Spyder P2 Serata Motorsport Daywis Teixeira / Luiz Vicente "Puck" Galafassi
63 Spyder P2 Spyder Race Sérgio Ribas / Peter Wiliam
70 Porsche GT3 GT2 Baluarte Racing Team Hoover Orsi / Felipe Maluhy / Ricardo Maurício
72 Spyder P2 HT GUERRA Silvio Coelho / Cesar Visconti / Matheus Maccari Neto
73 Omega V8 STC Katalogo Racing Fernando Parra / Fernanda Parra
77 MCR GT1 GTP1 Nascar Motorsport Aloysio Andrade Fº / Ciro Aliperti Jr.

Ferrari 575 Maranello GTC

GPC Team

Ferrari 360 Modena, GT2 Winner, made a very good race

Corvette C5R

MCR GT1

Omega and Vectra (STC)

Two Porsches GT3

Porsche GT3

GT3 again

Aston Martin DB9R, the Winner of GTP1

Two Saleen S7-R

Alfa 156 and 550 Maranello of TekProm Eventos team

“La bella” Alfa Romeo 156 winner of STC

Other wonderful car, 550 Maranello

Again

Porsche GT2 of Stuttgart Sport Car team, I love this car…

Porsche GT3 of Stuttgart Sport Car team.

The fast ZF1

BMW M3 (STC)

CLK DTM

Maserati Trofeo Light

Maserati engine

Interlagos

Boxes and Paddok

Maserati

Ferrari 575 Maranello GTC

Saleen S7-R

ZF1, the fast lap on the race

Porsche GT3

Porsche GT2

Corvette, CLK and 575 in the S of Senna

S of Senna

ZF1, Corvette, CLK and 575

575 and Saleens

Ferrari spinned two times there

ZF1

ZF1 again

Corvette changing tires, pilot and receiving fuel

Corvette again

Spyder (P2)

Paddock

I don’t have night pics because my digital camera isn’t with me.

This is the official site of 1000 Miles, in this section you will see many pictures, and videos (not ready)
http://www.milmilhasbrasil.com.br/download.asp

You can see detailed racing results in English here:
http://www.cronomap.com.br/livetiming/live/main_vi.asp

Cheers!
Old 01-23-2006, 04:51 AM   #2
manta
Regular User

wow!! THAT is a post! i love the ZF1 and the porsche... great

don't worry man, you're not the only foreigner worried about your english... me too!!
Old 01-23-2006, 05:03 AM   #3
bmagni
Regular User

wow, welcome to JW...
love the 550 GTC, and the DB9R...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:51 AM   #4
a007apl
Regular User

welcome to JW, you know why Murciélago don't comes to rarcer?
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:28 PM   #5
Zot09
Regular User

Wow! Awesome post! Welcome to JW.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:16 PM   #6
Mers
Regular User

Leco is a friend of mine...i showed him my lemans pics and he decided to join...and a great start BTW...
very nice pics...
Old 01-23-2006, 09:50 PM   #7
Stikz
Regular User

Hey leco, welcome to JW, thanks for the pics. Is the s40 in your avatar yours?
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:16 PM   #8
Leco Diniz
Regular User

Thanks for the hospitality!

Manta, nice to know I’m not the only one worried about my English

a007apl, This year, none Murcielago participated in 1000 Miles Brazil, because none Brazilian team chose the car. But in 2007 with certainty Murcielago will come because the 1000 Miles Brazil will be a part of FIA GT calendar, and all FIA GT cars will come.

Stikz, actually, is a V40, it is not mine, belongs my mother, I really love that Volvo and I really like the new S40, and S60R.

Cheers!
Old 01-24-2006, 07:44 PM   #9
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

Damn leco, now that's what I call a first post!...welcome to JW, I hope you become a regular around here, I'm sure you'll have a great time...

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:47 PM   #10
sameerrao
Regular User

Great first post .. keep it up! Welcome to JW!

Looking forward to more race coverage from you 8)

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:29 PM   #11
Stikz
Regular User

Stikz, actually, is a V40, it is not mine, belongs my mother, I really love that Volvo and I really like the new S40, and S60R.
its a great little car, looks like a 2002, the s60r is fantastic, but way overpriced. Anyways, nice to see you in the forum.
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 07:09 PM   #12
Leco Diniz
Regular User

Chaos, sure I will be regular here.

Sameerrao, I will cover more brazilain race events, and will post the pictures here.

Stikz, it’s a 2003/2004 V40.

Cheers!