Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 11:20 PM   #31
TeflonTron
Regular User

It takes me two minutes to type a reply to you, such is the obvious method by which you debate.

I never said that the Veyron was the rarest, or best investment, but you already know that. Instead, as is your MO, you choose to take things out of context. I said that it's rarer, etc, than your beloved Z06. The Bugatti, whether you like it or not, is the fastest factory car in history. Period. End of. Is it the best handling? Probably not, but I bet that it'll handle well enough to keep up with 90% of cars that'll be tracked, and then destroy them in the straights, which is what it's designed to do. Again though, you forget what the Veyron is all about: it's the fastest car with the most luxury, and that means that you have to pay to play. Just because you can't afford to doesn't mean you have to hate it, nor suggest that I "worship" it, when I don't. However, like you and the Z06, I won't let bigots spew misinformation passed off as fact.

Pics or STFU? Please. I don't need the adulation of my "peers" by posting every little bit of automotive news that I happen to come across. My enthusiasm must be less than yours, considering the amount of posts that you have here. Oh, for your information, the two people who I know of who have driven the Veyron are AllanLambo and RakJoe, both of whom drive fast cars and know a thing or two about expensive things and how they fit into the world.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:31 PM   #32
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by tforth
Let's be clear on one thing: the current Bugatti was created by VW group. The only common ground with it's predecessor is the name. This is also true, albeit to a lesser extent, with Lamborgini.
Well - this is so well documented I am surprised it even needs to be debated.

Originally Posted by tforth
Lastly, regarding the Veyron, it sounds like most of you really have no clue the engineering challenge inherent in developing a car with the performance of the Veyron; that also meets typical international OE durability requirements. This cannot be said for the likes of TVR, Koenigsegg, Pagani, and the enzo for that matter. Admittedly, VW screwed it up, on the first go-around, but at least they didn't make the bigger mistake by giving into the pressure and releasing something that didn't work - thanks Thomas!
I am sure we are accutely aware of the "engineering challenges" - but in the same breath you make a point of indicating that exotics are inherently unreliable - which many people are again, aware of -- but there have been many examples recently of the Veyron proving to be just as unreliable as any other exotic or even a mundane golf with electronic failures galore.. seems each magazine test has been plagued with these.

So much for VW perfecting the Veyron before release - lets face it, all complex systems are bound to have errors and bugs - even after launch.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:42 PM   #33
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
It takes me two minutes to type a reply to you, such is the obvious method by which you debate.

I never said that the Veyron was the rarest, or best investment, but you already know that. Instead, as is your MO, you choose to take things out of context.
I don't take things out of context - I simply quote around the points made, to be sure it is not mistaken which point is being discussed - this is afterall the intardnet, and people don't always get what you are saying

I said that it's rarer, etc, than your beloved Z06.
Obviously a veiled attempt to start some sort of conflict - instead of driving a rusty golf while I dream of having fun, I bought a cheap street legal go-cart to have fun in - why all the hating chap? :roll:

The Bugatti, whether you like it or not, is the fastest factory car in history. Period. End of.
No one is debating this point - whats the point of highlighting it again - unless you mean to prove that this is all it is good at.

Is it the best handling? Probably not, but I bet that it'll handle well enough to keep up with 90% of cars that'll be tracked, and then destroy them in the straights,
Really - interesting thought - pity we may never know as the car has yet to be taken into that environment.

which is what it's designed to do.
What? Now the car is designed to be a track monster? But I though 67 pages back you said they don';t care about track performance and iot will never be used there. So - which is it?

Again though, you forget what the Veyron is all about: it's the fastest car with the most luxury, and that means that you have to pay to play. Just because you can't afford to doesn't mean you have to hate it, nor suggest that I "worship" it, when I don't. However, like you and the Z06, I won't let bigots spew misinformation passed off as fact.
I can afford a Honda Civic but hate that as well - interesting take on "you hate it because you cannot afford it" - I have noticed that the common argument from folks is "its expensive so it must be awesome because the richest of the richest can buy one".

Pics or STFU? Please. I don't need the adulation of my "peers" by posting every little bit of automotive news that I happen to come across. My enthusiasm must be less than yours, considering the amount of posts that you have here. Oh, for your information, the two people who I know of who have driven the Veyron are AllanLambo and RakJoe, both of whom drive fast cars and know a thing or two about expensive things and how they fit into the world.
ROTFLMFAO - AllanLambo? hehehe - then I also "know someone" who has driven the Veyron... and talk about sucking up to people because of their wealth "know a thing or two about expensive things and how they fit into the world" - jesus - could you get any shallower? I mean old Erik the Swede knew all about "a thing or two about expensive things and how they fit into the world" drove 2 Enzos, SLR's etc and turned out to be a fraud, liar and thief.. way to judge character

---

Oh - and to save you the trouble I'll just follwo your obviolsy superior lead and change my opinion to match yours.

The Veyron is obviosly the best of the best - because it costs a lot, and only some rich people can ever use it and appreciate it as the most expensive car that goes the fastest ever *bow down*

Case closed.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:55 PM   #34
TeflonTron
Regular User

You really are a fu*kwit, aren't you? I said that the Veyron is able to keep up with 90% of cars through the corners and then destroy them on the straights. I never said that it was a track machine. It's designed to handle well enough for its size and accelerate very, very quickly. I highlighted its speed as you seem to be dense and unable to grasp things unless they are typed. Out. Very. Very. Slowly.

It boils down to this: you can't stand the fact that the Veyron is a very capable machine, and you can't stand the fact that there are people who are able, and willing to spend $1 million+ on a car. You also can't stand AllanLambo (who I've shot the shit with on dozens of occassions), and have to make pathetic statements that anyone who gets on well with him is a suckup. Allan has nothing that I want, or need, and I have no need to suck up to him, for popularity or money's sake. I'm popular and rich in my own right, but thanks for trying to start shit.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:58 AM   #35
RC45
Regular User

You really are a fu*kwit, aren't you? I said that the Veyron is able to keep up with 90% of cars through the corners and then destroy them on the straights. I never said that it was a track machine. It's designed to handle well enough for its size and accelerate very, very quickly. I highlighted its speed as you seem to be dense and unable to grasp things unless they are typed. Out. Very. Very. Slowly.
Listen to yourself. You are an agry little man. get over yourself chap

Oh - now it's "designed well enough to handle well. #Which is it then?

It boils down to this: you can't stand the fact that the Veyron is a very capable machine, and you can't stand the fact that there are people who are able, and willing to spend $1 million+ on a car.
Interesting? I have no problem with people spending a million on other things.. why not it's their money after all.

The Veyron is obviously the greatest vehicle ever to grace the surfcae of the planet.

Fatsest - best handling - rarest - most expensive - lightest - greatest shape - best design - basicly an automotive god.. thanks for pointing that out.

You also can't stand AllanLambo (who I've shot the shit with on dozens of occassions), and have to make pathetic statements that anyone who gets on well with him is a suckup.
Well - you said he "know a thing or two about expensive things and how they fit into the world" - to which I said " - jesus - could you get any shallower? " - and I stand by that opinion - because you just pointed out only wealthy people must know what good and right

Allan has nothing that I want, or need, and I have no need to suck up to him, for popularity or money's sake. I'm popular and rich in my own right, but thanks for trying to start shit.
Well - as a popular rich person why the fuck are you all up my poverty stricken arse everytime I take a fart then?
Old 05-28-2006, 01:59 AM   #36
TeflonTron
Regular User

RC: I can only conclude that you have nothing better to do with your life than argue over the internet. You're a sad example of what a person with a corncob up his ass is like, and I pity you for it.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:04 AM   #37
RC45
Regular User

RC: I can only conclude that you have nothing better to do with your life than argue over the internet. You're a sad example of what a person with a corncob up his ass is like, and I pity you for it.
Yet you keep coming up with new insults and coming back for more.

And you single handedly managed to degrade this topic again... *shakes head* - as if the first destroyed topic wasn't enough. *shrug*

Tut tut - I truly misjudged you - far from being another car fan on a web forum, you appear to an uptight angry judgemental nob - sorry to see the true colours come to light old chap.. could you be any more angry and vicious in your outlook and responses?

But any way, more laughing at you than with you.

So - you seen any decent Veyron road tests lately? I hope someone comes up with one before this thread gets locked because it's been steered down the same path again. Pity really.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:49 AM   #38
gangajas
Regular User

The title of the topic says: 'Bugatti Veyron Standing start video'. But instead of talking about the video( :shock: ), some of you only use this topic to critizise every single aspect of the Veyron.... :roll:
Old 05-28-2006, 12:31 PM   #39
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gangajas
The title of the topic says: 'Bugatti Veyron Standing start video'. But instead of talking about the video( :shock: ), some of you only use this topic to critizise every single aspect of the Veyron.... :roll:
Correction - we use the thread to observe that while the car displays fast acceleration (and with 4WD and automatic transmission and launch control and traction control no less) and this acceleration demo shows it takes no skill to drive this expensive video game, we are asking what about the other areas of performance..

But never you mind - because the Veyron is the greatest auto since autos were invented.

It's the fastest, coolest, most exclusive, most expensive. rarest best hangling auto of all time.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:45 PM   #40
LotusGT1
Regular User

About the Bugatti being a Volkswagen or a Bugatti.

I don't know if some of you paid any attention the last decade, but besides the symbol and some ancient history there was no Bugatti, no assets, no engineers, no nothing anymore. Volkswagen revived the name and rebuilt the company - having pretty much nothing in common with Bugatti of the old days.

This Veyron could very well an Audi or a Skoda for all I care.

But in reality I don't care, because although this is an automotive tour de force, it also remains a fat ugly pig with a hopelessly unaerodynamic body and a price tag which is ridiculous.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:47 PM   #41
golfiste
Regular User

:drinking: yeah all the members in here are drunk ,what's the point of the thread if everyone says crap

car videos
Old 05-28-2006, 01:07 PM   #42
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
About the Bugatti being a Volkswagen or a Bugatti.

I don't know if some of you paid any attention the last decade, but besides the symbol and some ancient history there was no Bugatti, no assets, no engineers, no nothing anymore. Volkswagen revived the name and rebuilt the company - having pretty much nothing in common with Bugatti of the old days.

This Veyron could very well an Audi or a Skoda for all I care.

But in reality I don't care, because although this is an automotive tour de force, it also remains a fat ugly pig with a hopelessly unaerodynamic body and a price tag which is ridiculous.
You're kidding me? Lotus and I have something in common..
Old 05-28-2006, 04:39 PM   #43
TeflonTron
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Correction - we use the thread to observe that while the car displays fast acceleration (and with 4WD and automatic transmission and launch control and traction control no less) and this acceleration demo shows it takes no skill to drive this expensive video game, we are asking what about the other areas of performance..

But never you mind - because the Veyron is the greatest auto since autos were invented.

It's the fastest, coolest, most exclusive, most expensive. rarest best hangling auto of all time.
It was you who derailed the thread, not anyone else, yet you feel the need to try and palm off your actions on someone else. You show your true colours again: that or someone who cannot argue reasonably so instead resorts to throwing his toys out of the pram. Every single thread that isn't about the Z06 you troll and try and whip up controversy and slam the car for being too expensive, or that the owners are too snobbish, and then when you get called out you whine and tear like a little girl and try and pin the blame on someone, anyone, but yourself. You need to take a long hard look at yourself before throwing wild accustaions around at others, myself included. This is a thread about the Veyron and it's standing start, as shown in the video, nothing more. If you can't deal with that like the adult that you're supposed to be then why don't you go elsewhere?
Old 05-28-2006, 04:59 PM   #44
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

It was you who derailed the thread, not anyone else, yet you feel the need to try and palm off your actions on someone else. You show your true colours again: that or someone who cannot argue reasonably so instead resorts to throwing his toys out of the pram.
No - people like you derail these threads. See above - yet again.

Every single thread that isn't about the Z06 you troll and try and whip up controversy and slam the car for being too expensive, or that the owners are too snobbish, and then when you get called out you whine and tear like a little girl and try and pin the blame on someone, anyone, but yourself.
Does the cheap plastic Z bother you that much that YOU have to actualy bring it up in every thread you enter?

Just because I dont share your opinion it is wrong - yet you are free to argue your opinion where ever you want? Look how you are derailing this thread AGAIN with shit you are bringing up.

You need to take a long hard look at yourself before throwing wild accustaions around at others, myself included.
This is hilarious - you actually went out of your way to accuse me of derailing a thread by accusing me of bringing up stuff I didn't - yet you bring them up as "proof I brought them up? WTF? Is your entire lief a soap opera? hehe

Some of us are trying to relax and enjoy this forum - you must really be one of the most uptigth personalities ever to log onto the interwed... you're goign out of your way to drum up controversy - whew talk aboutobsessed

This is a thread about the Veyron and it's standing start, as shown in the video, nothing more. If you can't deal with that like the adult that you're supposed to be then why don't you go elsewhere?
What has asking where the other indicators of performance are got to do with "dealing with" anything?

Its a video for gods sake.

What is there to deal with? Its not like it s the result of an election, or a solicitors letter or some other real life event - Its a video for chrissakes - whats to "deal with"?

But you know what big boy - I forfeit - YOU WIN!! What ever you say goes.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:29 PM   #45
TeflonTron
Regular User

Are you an idiot? You were the one talking shit about the Veyron, not anyone else. It was you who started slamming it. Do you understand that?

No, the cheap plastic Z06 doesn't bother me, and it doesn't interest me either, but you can't accept that, can you? You're a fucking Troll. A glorified Troll and then some, and I'm surprised that you haven't been banned. You're bitching about the Veyron whilst at the same time holding onto your precious little "facts" about a certain other car. As I said at the begining of this thread, the Veyron owner is not THAT interested in its cornering speed, but you hang on to that like a little terrier that knows no better. Oh, it's an overweight pig you cry, oh it's overpriced you wail, oh it's not that great a car you bitch... Your way of argueing is old, boring and lame. Get a new way of thinking and maybe, just maybe, you'll be able to open up that think cranium of yours and get down off of your high horse. However, you won't do that. Instead you'll call me an angry person, yaddad yadda, but that's fine. I'm used to people like you.
Closed Thread