Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 02:23 AM   #16
nickthaskater

His first try? Man, it's a TV show, of course they're not going to show you his failed attempts. He's lost control in cars a hell of a lot less powerful than a CGT before.

If you want to go by TV shows, then the McLaren must be a pretty damn good car, since Tiff adores it, and he had no problem running the shit out of it.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:29 AM   #17
Fleischmann
Regular User

Women..hahaha..."look there orange is also on the steering wheel, how cute". I would hardly call this a benchmark test, I prefer to believe Tiff and other professional drivers opinions then just by watching a video of ana amtauer driving it. In the right hands it would do better, though that is not the sole purpose of the car.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:31 AM   #18
nthfinity
Regular User

nick

tif never once tested its handling limits FYI... the goose bumps from him came when ever he came on throttle, which i've never once doubted the mighty M power engine

and i just said "for example".... there are others i know, and have seen do such crazy things on thier first try... sure they spin too.... but on thier first day/ few hours they've got a serious hang of the car in such ideal testing conditions
Old 08-16-2006, 02:32 AM   #19
5vz-fe
Regular User

Just in case ppl fogot Tiff's review

Old 08-16-2006, 02:40 AM   #20
nickthaskater

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJU8OPNzfOk
He also drove one on a track for Fifth Gear's "Greatest Cars" show (along with the F40 and Modena), which is the segment I was referring to.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...98682779462372

And PS. Tiff did push pretty damn hard through the corners in that review 5vz posted, and he made several comments about the handling as well.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:48 AM   #21
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJU8OPNzfOk
I've you've ever been to a track, you can tell he's not pushing it, hence my comment. running the limit of adhesion on a track is quite a bit noisier BTW trackdays are fun!

...... and notice when he says oversteer, the car really isn't exactly sidways more then the guy in the video could successfully get.

the ending sideways bit was very twitchy.. but succesful, but still not as impressive as his /others sidways work in many many other cars. the balance on the basic F1 just isn't htere.... the LM is likely different...
Old 08-16-2006, 02:50 AM   #22
PaulGT2164
Regular User

hrmm.

have any of you actually driven one?

nope. so this whole argument is pointless

lets not also mention the fact that the car is old, very old in supercar years, and technology.

the macca is a awesome car, even today, and it was way ahead of its time. the fact it was a major automotive milestone (as far as super/hypercars go) is undeniable.

tiff seemed to like it. but i havent had any experience with it so im not gonna say either way.

its a great car, it was then, still is, but lets not forget its age, and forget the fact no one in this thread has driven one, so honestly no one here can make even a guess on how it handles.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:11 AM   #23
JoeHahn
Regular User

The car that Tiff drives is also the XP4 prototypes, not the full-on road car. The dive and squat is quite alarming on the track, more so than you'd see on something like a Boxster or a V8 Vantage.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:44 AM   #24
r2r
Regular User

Handles badly! what?? Based on this video!!

Are we being serious here?

All this video is showing is the guy having fun with the car nothing more nothing less!

I bet if we went back to the year 1994 when this car was released, we wouldn't be having this conversation on how supposedly bad it handles, because we might have forgot how far we have gotten in car performance technology. Being so critical about how the handling of a car like this is not what exoticars are about!

To me its about 3 things; innovation, looks, and power.

And this car succeeds in all three!
Old 08-16-2006, 05:09 AM   #25
davide
Regular User

Handles badly might be a harsh word to say...

hard to handle good might be a better way saying it! I'd too have trouble hadnling a 600bhp supercar...
Old 08-16-2006, 05:38 AM   #26
yg60m
Regular User

Originally Posted by JoeHahn
The car that Tiff drives is also the XP4 prototypes, not the full-on road car. The dive and squat is quite alarming on the track, more so than you'd see on something like a Boxster or a V8 Vantage.
True it dives and squats but it's Tiff's favorite Supercar anyway And I doubt that he would love a bad handling car ...
Old 08-16-2006, 05:41 AM   #27
nickthaskater

The one he drives in the Greatest Cars clip is a regular production F1, albeit with the high downforce kit.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:59 AM   #28
jadeddjay
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
no, of course not D1 drifts.....

first, it doesnt have the lock to do that... but I'm very sure that every other supercar out there from teh Jag XJ220, Vector W8, Pagani crapola F, Enzo, CGT, Ford GT, F430, etc. etc. all are able to give warning where the limit is, and let you control the car with a slide; and catch.

even the SLR you could run the slide.... still with quite some wheel effort.

which is my point.
the only way to possibly make this point regarding the video is to see one of him driving each one of the cars you mentioned and try to do the same things with those cars

even then if he drives another car better.. then it suits him better but it doesnt mean that it handles better than all others.

yould you NOT buy a car based on incar footage of this ass driving with his annoying wife? i definitly wouldnt. nor will i form any opinions based on it.

like its been said before this argument is pointless and there is no proof about anything... no proof about the handling of the car, his abilities, nor intentions in the video

anyway... whats the story behind this dude anyway.. did he win the lottery or soemthing? lol.. that will me one day >: )

hopefully <: \
Old 08-16-2006, 09:10 AM   #29
nickthaskater

According to someone who knows him personally on fchat: "he is the son of the man who wrote the protocall for the ATM machines. Dan "aquired" (INTERESTING STORY)the company which went public and whalla".

He doesn't own the F1 anymore either, he's now got a Zonda S, on top of several other high-end ubercars.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:11 AM   #30
jadeddjay
Regular User

lucky guy, thats awesome

one day... one day.. lol