Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 12-13-2006, 07:09 PM   #31
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
lol u have an answer for everything dont you?

i dont see how u cant respect the car for what it is
I cant respect it because its just a rolling drivers aid.

Whats the point of it all?

Until we see actual lap times that show the Veyron can lap well known tracks faster than other super cars, its really pointless - isn' it?

I mean if the car modulates throttle and brakes and torque distribution to allow the driver to just "mash the gas" and hold on, all it is good for is simply rolling on, giggling like a school girl.. mashing the brake pedal - yelling WWHHHOOOWEEEEEEE, and then mashing th gas again

That would get a little old after a while (not to mention the brakes would be fried before long - as you could see in the video - that was probably as a result of all the Active Handling braking going on).

I mean you can do the same thing ina CGT... rollon and hit the brake.. roll on and hit the brakes...

Who knows, maybe the 1200hp Porker 917 would destroy the Veyron in a head to head battle - with the right driver
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:12 AM   #32
tforth
Regular User

Isn't this called a 'stan' :?:

Originally Posted by tforth
Here are some more clips for Veyron fans:

German review - check out the front rotors @ 3:10 min after some track work:

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...48882&q=veyron

2 videos by turbo (french) - check out Rafenal (sp?) driving it through the french countryside in the first one, and the track work about 2/3s through the second clip (the best I've seen to date):

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...71423&q=veyron

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...06042&q=veyron

A classic evo clip of Jethro B. having fun with the camera man:

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...64224&q=veyron

a nothing special arab clip, that I just haven't seen before:

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...86852&q=veyron

Enjoy :wink:
tforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:12 AM   #33
Stoopie
Regular User

Location: United Provinces of the Kingdom of Great Netherlands

Originally Posted by JoeHahn
Originally Posted by RC45
Remember that the aids will be reducing the 1000hp net-effect on the wet track down to about 500hp levels.. so a 599 would probably out run the Veyron on the wet track any way
Best post of this whole thread! :roll:
Sure, RC45 is right that the Veyron is a car that helps the driver an awful lot, but your post doesn't make any sense to me. Since the car continually searches for the best set-up of the car during certain circumstances, it's only logical to reduce the amount of bhp when in the wet. If 599 bhp would've been ideal for the wet, the Veyron would've reduced it to 599 bhp, now wouldn't it?
That seems a lot more logical to me..
Stoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 06:31 AM   #34
JoeHahn
Regular User

Originally Posted by Stoopie
Originally Posted by JoeHahn
Originally Posted by RC45
Remember that the aids will be reducing the 1000hp net-effect on the wet track down to about 500hp levels.. so a 599 would probably out run the Veyron on the wet track any way
Best post of this whole thread! :roll:
Sure, RC45 is right that the Veyron is a car that helps the driver an awful lot, but your post doesn't make any sense to me. Since the car continually searches for the best set-up of the car during certain circumstances, it's only logical to reduce the amount of bhp when in the wet. If 599 bhp would've been ideal for the wet, the Veyron would've reduced it to 599 bhp, now wouldn't it?
That seems a lot more logical to me..
A 599 would struggle to beat a WRX around a wet track let alone a Veyron, its as simple as that. Add more standing water and the gap widens.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:55 AM   #35
blinkmeat
Regular User

:shock: that's gotta suck! Great car though

thanks
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:11 PM   #36
dash

It's so pathetic when people get horny about their 1000bhp+ Corvettes -it's still straight line crap with no turning ability. On Top Gear they said one thing the other day "curves are unknown in America" - lol, so true.
Anyway, let's make a 24 hour race with You "super-duper vettes" and Veyron, we'll see if they could handle tha race like at least one hour. xD
Every Carrera GT, every Zonda F, every Enzo gonna whoop every damn Corvette/Viper/You name it on a proper road (yes, with proper I mean european).
dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:39 PM   #37
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by dash
It's so pathetic when people get horny about their 1000bhp+ Corvettes -it's still straight line crap with no turning ability. On Top Gear they said one thing the other day "curves are unknown in America" - lol, so true.
Anyway, let's make a 24 hour race with You "super-duper vettes" and Veyron, we'll see if they could handle tha race like at least one hour. xD
Every Carrera GT, every Zonda F, every Enzo gonna whoop every damn Corvette/Viper/You name it on a proper road (yes, with proper I mean european).
Yep true!

But why only talk about Vettes, same is for the Skylines and so on...

You can give them a million HP, if the chassis can't put it to the road its useless.

Don't forget about the Zo6 thats proof that the americans can build a good car :roll:
Old 12-15-2006, 07:08 PM   #38
gis
Regular User

indeed the Z06 is a great car,no doubt about it.and as TopGearNL said it aint just 1000hp vettes that will lose out in corners,a supra,skyline,viper will tend not to have the same cornering ability it would have with its stock or a bit more hp above stock.

you can look at the veyron with the same view i suppose,but it will be better than a 1000hp RWD car simply because of 4WD,but the thing that lets the veyrn down is its weight.at the end of the day any normal road going 1000hp modified car is only good for straight line,but again the veyron can pull it off due to havin a shit load of technology,and as RC45 says all the drivers aids and 4wd,thats why its easier to drive than other 1000hp cars

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:15 PM   #39
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
indeed the Z06 is a great car,no doubt about it.and as TopGearNL said it aint just 1000hp vettes that will lose out in corners,a supra,skyline,viper will tend not to have the same cornering ability it would have with its stock or a bit more hp above stock.

you can look at the veyron with the same view i suppose,but it will be better than a 1000hp RWD car simply because of 4WD,but the thing that lets the veyrn down is its weight.at the end of the day any normal road going 1000hp modified car is only good for straight line,but again the veyron can pull it off due to havin a shit load of technology,and as RC45 says all the drivers aids and 4wd,thats why its easier to drive than other 1000hp cars
Thanks for making my point GIS, your absolutely right!

RC is spot-on too, you can't call the Veyron a car anymore, its more like a driving computer. Its the same as the Eurofighter, that can't fly without the onboard computers constantly adjusting the controls.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:28 PM   #40
gis
Regular User

yea,what RC says is true,but the point i was tryin to get across was around a track to make 1000hp work,they need these driver aids or youd simply get a kickin the balls,lol

and the eurofighter....droooool,lol what a plane,that was tested bout 20 miles from my house

Old 12-15-2006, 07:35 PM   #41
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
yea,what RC says is true,but the point i was tryin to get across was around a track to make 1000hp work,they need these driver aids or youd simply get a kickin the balls,lol

and the eurofighter....droooool,lol what a plane,that was tested bout 20 miles from my house
Yeah I get your point

But HP isn't everything, weight counts too
Old 12-15-2006, 07:42 PM   #42
RC45
Regular User

It's so pathetic when people get horny about their 1000bhp+ Corvettes -it's still straight line crap with no turning ability.
Are you an actual idiot or do you just play one on the Intardwebs?

"With no turning ability" - thats interesting - no doubt you are aware the C5 Z06 dances toe to toe with the GT3 and 360CS and can eclispe the 996TT if need be on the race track-- you knew this right?

Now, add 500hp to a 996 and 500hp to a 360CS and 500 hp to a 996TT and 500hp to a Viper - gee fucking whiz - you get the same thing you do when you add 500 to the C5 Z06

But of course you knew this right? I am sure you knew the C5 Z06 was able to lap the Nurbirgring (as an example) in 7m56s - thats a very decent time. The same is true for every other road course.. but of course you knew that.

So to say something as dumb as "a 1000hp sports car has no tuning ability" is down right stupid - to say so with out proof is idiotic.

Have you ever read a Road & Track Super Tuner shootout, where super-tuned cars go and turn like bats out of hell?

On Top Gear they said one thing the other day "curves are unknown in America" - lol, so true.
Are you a complete moron? If "there are no curves in amerika" exactly how do you explain the Viper GTS ACR, Viper SRT/10, C5 Z06, C6 Z06 and Ford GT - not to mention the Mosler MT900 and Saleen S7?

You of course knew that the C6 Z06 lapped Nurburgring in 7m43s... right?

You of course knew that the C6 Z06 dances toe to toe with the F430, Ford GT, Viper SRT/10, 997TT etc... Right? - you knew this - right?

Anyway, let's make a 24 hour race with You "super-duper vettes" and Veyron, we'll see if they could handle tha race like at least one hour.
So - you seem to think that the Veyron would be able race endurance style against other super-tuer cars? You might be a little concerned that the brakes on the Veuron would be destroyed after a few hour - because of course you knew that active handling uses brakes to modulate car rotation and maintain stability - as well as stop the car.. and with 4000lbs to haul around they wont survive - but you no doubt knew this.. right?

xD
So now you are saying a 620hp Carrera GT is a better than a 500hp C6 Z06 or a 500hp Viper SRT/10... no shit Sherlock... :roll: :roll: - the fight will be a lot closer than you imagine though... and you don't get much more "European" than Nurburgring - so you argument is moot.. you are pwned by your own stupidity.

C6 Z06 lapped the Ring in 7m43... add another 120hp and the car will right there with the CGT - which not only costs $400,000 more but alos uses aero-aids and super-expensive carbon fibre contruction and a forumla 1 generation V10...

The C6 Z06 uses a pushrod V8 and a transverse leaf spring suspension and has the engine towards the front of the car.. so you would hope the CGT would beat a stock C6 Z06.

But if you are talking super-tuned car versus stock Enzo, CGT, Zonda, CCX etc etc - it is a non-issue. The Amercican cars already proved they ave the handling - give them the HP and you lose.

I am guessing you are either an 11 year old fan boy or an idiot... you entire stance and opinion is bullshit.

Come back when you have some proof of your pathetic rants.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:44 PM   #43
TopGearNL
Regular User

I am guessing you are either an 11 year old fan boy or an idiot... you entire stance and opinion is bullshit.

Come back when you have some proof of your pathetic rants.
Amen!

Its quite scary RC since I agree with everything you say
Old 12-15-2006, 08:11 PM   #44
gis
Regular User

yea,what he says is very true.giv the new Z06 a bit more hp and it would obviously be up there speed wise with the likes of supercars,being the CGT,enzo,SLR......but again,id liek to point out RC that as you always say the M3 is underpowered,giv that the power to that of the Z06....it be right there with it,correct?

Old 12-15-2006, 08:20 PM   #45
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
but again,id liek to point out RC that as you always say the M3 is underpowered,giv that the power to that of the Z06....it be right there with it,correct?
Of course.. a 500hp M3 would be killer.. but you hardly ever see one, since its not easy to get the M3 hamster wheel to reliably put out 500hp though

And out here the boy racers in their 350hp "tuned" M3's are always buzzing around like overgrown dragon flys hehe