Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 03-04-2004, 06:02 PM   #1
Sachmo12345
Regular User

Default How do you overclock

How do you overclock your processor
Sachmo12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 06:07 PM   #2
PATo355
Regular User

<Try www.overclockers.com , there you can find usefull info about how to do it and the capabilities of your processor

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 07:53 PM   #3
crazidude
Regular User

Depends on your mobo. Every mobo for a few years has had the ability to overclock your processor by increasing the fsb in the bios. Just enter it when you restart your comp and find the settings. I don't think this can be done if you have a computer thats OEM like a Dell or HP.
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:12 PM   #4
Sachmo12345
Regular User

yea thats what ive got... HP

Xbox Live Gamertag: sachmo12345
Old 03-04-2004, 11:11 PM   #5
crazidude
Regular User

I don't think you can overclock your computer if its an HP. I could be wrong though. You should load into your bios and see if there's an option for you to change your fsb speed.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:23 AM   #6
oldsnail
Regular User

some AMD's are locked, and u have to twinker some hardware as well
Old 03-05-2004, 11:38 AM   #7
RC45
Regular User

LOL - noobs.. - why I remember in MY day we did our overclocking by setting bus speed and clock speed with jumpers on the motherboard.... none of this pussy-software-menu sh!te...

We used to get our hands dirty.... it was like the "wild west" of PC times... manual labour - that's what we faced. We even had to format every floppy in the box - none of this pre-formatted sh!te..

Hell, we even had to walk barefoot through the snow, going uphill bothways - to get to a computer store... now you whippersnappers just "point and click" on the Net to do your parts shopping.

Yep.... them were the good ol'e days - when men were men, and software shipped on 40 diskettes... *sigh*
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 12:21 PM   #8
Fleischmann
Regular User

You should download some tweak utilities or check your BIOS. If you want to have a gr8 increase in power then you gotta make sure that the air inside your machine circulates correctly, you may have to buy extra coolingfans...or just try liquid nitrogen
Old 03-05-2004, 12:58 PM   #9
Sachmo12345
Regular User

yes i do towlie

Xbox Live Gamertag: sachmo12345
Old 03-05-2004, 01:01 PM   #10
Fleischmann
Regular User

Originally Posted by Sachmo12345
yes i do towlie
Don't forget to use coolingfans........wanna get high ??
Old 03-05-2004, 11:09 PM   #11
crazidude
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
LOL - noobs.. - why I remember in MY day we did our overclocking by setting bus speed and clock speed with jumpers on the motherboard.... none of this pussy-software-menu sh!te...

We used to get our hands dirty.... it was like the "wild west" of PC times... manual labour - that's what we faced. We even had to format every floppy in the box - none of this pre-formatted sh!te..

Hell, we even had to walk barefoot through the snow, going uphill bothways - to get to a computer store... now you whippersnappers just "point and click" on the Net to do your parts shopping.

Yep.... them were the good ol'e days - when men were men, and software shipped on 40 diskettes... *sigh*
lol diskettes the good ole' days. I still remember when AOL sent me those stupid diskettes to get me on the internet even though I already have it.
I heard that you could install Windows 95 through diskettes. How many diskettes was that?
Old 03-06-2004, 11:52 AM   #12
enigmatic
Regular User

from memory, i think win95 was somewhere between 10-15 diskettes..
im sure RC will correct me if i'm wrong 8)

*remembers back a few years*
some IT guru; 'and in the future, some computers won't even come with floppy disk drives!'
everyone; ' :shock: wooahh!'
Old 03-06-2004, 11:58 AM   #13
Fleischmann
Regular User

Originally Posted by enigmatic
from memory, i think win95 was somewhere between 10-15 diskettes..

Definately more than that!!
Old 03-07-2004, 07:15 PM   #14
gtx28
Regular User

Lol i remember payin 300 bucks for a 25kb harddrive that prolly weighed like 10lbs. sucker was 5 1/4 wide. I remember when a game i wanted was too big to fit on my harddrive, cause it was 30mb lol. Now my current drive is a 120gb tiny little thing. O how times have changed.