Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-26-2004, 04:33 AM   #16
TT
Regular User

As others pointed out, what happened happened and you can't change it. Your friend should understand and be happy you are safe and only the car is totalled! I hope you weren't high or drunk when that happened.

BTW, the towtruck guy stole your wallet?!?!? I hope you informed the police already since you should know the company he works for! What a prick!

And yes, try to drive again as soon as possible
Old 07-26-2004, 04:51 AM   #17
Sm@ck
Regular User

Pick up a new hobby/sport

ideally would be a team sport, join a club, and throw yourself at it.

A.) You will meet new people (it really is the easiest way)
B.) You will have something "new" to distract from your current problems. I am not suggesting that you should not deal with your problems. But sometimes it is better to move on as quickly as possible. I do reecommend advise spending too much time behind the computer, by yourself. You might even want to consider a mmopg, then you wont be to alone. (you know a massive multiplayer online game thingy...).

As for the accident, shit happens. Learn what you can from it and move on. GL, and remember you are alive
Sm@ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 06:43 AM   #18
altedza
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
As others pointed out, what happened happened and you can't change it. Your friend should understand and be happy you are safe and only the car is totalled! I hope you weren't high or drunk when that happened.

BTW, the towtruck guy stole your wallet?!?!? I hope you informed the police already since you should know the company he works for! What a prick!

And yes, try to drive again as soon as possible
totally sober, just... made a mistake i guess.

cant do anything, they searched him but he hid it.
altedza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:39 AM   #19
Evo
Regular User

Sorry to hear about your accedent altedza, I'm really glad you are OK. And thank God that nothing wores happend. Your still alive and fully functional. I undrestand that this might shake you up but you will forget it sooner or latter and move on.

Same thing happend to me more than 3 years ago now. I broke my left leg just above my knee when they got me out of the car it was at a 90 degree. I spend time at the hospital had an operation got 6 scews in my leg... Terminator..lol.. Now I am more careful person on the road than few years back. I still think about it but what can I do to change it.. nothing.. move on...

Again glad to see your OK altedza. Keep smiling
Old 07-26-2004, 09:46 AM   #20
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by altedza
totally sober, just... made a mistake i guess.
cant do anything, they searched him but he hid it.
another sorry for your crash, but as long as you don't harm yourself or anyone (as I did something ago) everything is fine. Don't worry about the car... others will come

and your wallet, they used the old :"we aren't responsible for objects, documents, etc. found in your car, etc"
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 01:00 PM   #21
Vansquish
Regular User

Sorry to hear about the accident Altedza, but like the others, I'm really glad to see you're relatively ok. It's cliched and some of the other guys have said this already, but I'm sure your brother will be glad to know you're ok, family and friends are way more important than material belongings. It was a car and that's all, and I'm sure you'll find another that you'll love equally as much.

It's lucky that you're a JW member, as I don't think you could find a much more supportive forum with your interests in mind and with people around nearly 24/7.

-Vansquish

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 07:14 PM   #22
stradale
Regular User

All the clichés (truths) have already been mentioned by others and I'm afraid I don't have additional good advice. I just wanted to say I'm very sorry what happened to you and that I'm glad you're not too seriously hurt.

Get well soon and get in the driver's seat again soon! The best of luck!
Old 07-26-2004, 08:09 PM   #23
sikx5
Regular User

Sorry to hear about your accident dude, but could we get a little more information? what speed were you going at? what sort of corner was it? is the car badly damaged? And what a prick of a tow truck driver, he needs his tow truck tyres slashed a few times.

And for your bro and family, i am sure they care more about your well being than a piece of metal dude, 8)
Old 07-27-2004, 12:19 AM   #24
Apac102
Regular User

I think everyone gets in an accident one time or another....its bound to happen. People will be pissed because they were scared that you could have been killed but they will forgive you because they love you. If the car was a Mclaren F1, then lol you are in some shit...but a car is a car. THis is a step in your life were it shows how easily it is to die and don't take life for granted. I got in an accident, screwed up my car, parents and family were pissed but they got over it. I still get shit for crashing my car but jokingly.

Everything will be fine
Apac102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 12:54 AM   #25
blah
Regular User

Man bro that sucks. What part of so cal did it happen in? Im hoping not by the pepperdine area, because i know the drop off is about couple thousand feet, to the canyons below, plus there are mountain lions and shit in there.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:14 AM   #26
altedza
Regular User

azusa. i found out today my amp was stolen at the collision center :f i had a really awful day today. more and more bad stuff i dont even want to list :/
Old 07-27-2004, 03:01 AM   #27
blah
Regular User

damn what a bunch of bitches these people are. do you have enough proof to take this to small claims?
Old 07-28-2004, 06:08 AM   #28
altedza
Regular User

hmm could i get media access back so i can watch some movies? im so terribly bored and sad :f i think my cars going to be 'processed' tomorrow. im just totally miserable :/ i got my license replaced today though. $19 :[ thats like 4 hours of painstaking scrubbing at my job earlier this summer. stole my wallet... i cant believe it :[ i drove again today though, like you guys told me to do. moms 2004 x5. kinda freaked but wasnt too bad.