Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-27-2004, 12:39 PM   #16
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by thenumber1
Originally Posted by TT
I don't really store them to read them again... if I spend around 100 USD for issue #1 and around the same for the 2nd one is just because I love to have them all... it's the only magazine I subscribed too, and I can't stand to have an incomplete collection
Woah... i had all issues from nine onwards.

Then i bought issue 1 for £25 ~ $50 on eBay

The gorgeous masser 3200 8) ... well, i only like the rear lights really

paid only another £70 for issues 2-8... you really got ripped off there TT ... all of my copies are mint 8)
Holy lord you were lucky! it took me around 2 or 3 months of "hunting season" in eBay to collect all the 30+ back issues I needed
of course all the ones from 10 onward were pretty cheap, but well #1 went somewere near 60 GBP... number 2 was around 50 and not a single one of the first 10 went for less than 15!!!!!!!
Sadly I had to jump on all of them since it was to risky to wait for the next one!
Old 07-27-2004, 01:46 PM   #17
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
I don't really store them to read them again... if I spend around 100 USD for issue #1 and around the same for the 2nd one is just because I love to have them all... it's the only magazine I subscribed too, and I can't stand to have an incomplete collection
May we call you "Monk"?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 02:01 PM   #18
SFDMALEX
Regular User

I have a little shelf on top if which I have two plants. One shelf down are my Depeche Mode CDs. Then one more down I have my depeche mode DVDs stacked in display fashion. Then one more down I have Boxes from THREE ORIGINAL games. One is NFS 1 which Im most proud off. And then NFS 2 SE box which I went through hell to get aswell as 1.

And lastly on the bottom shelf I have my magazines. I really dont have room so when I have a new magazine coming and it doesnt fit I throw out a road and track or car and driver(I used to buy them 3 years ago, stopped when I discovered that you can beat that damn English in that department).
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 02:11 PM   #19
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Holy lord you were lucky! it took me around 2 or 3 months of "hunting season" in eBay to collect all the 30+ back issues I needed
of course all the ones from 10 onward were pretty cheap, but well #1 went somewere near 60 GBP... number 2 was around 50 and not a single one of the first 10 went for less than 15!!!!!!!
Sadly I had to jump on all of them since it was to risky to wait for the next one!
I sure was lucky, and i know what you mean when you say you had to jump.... i watched my auctions count down from 5mins

There are a few full collections on sale on eBay UK at the moment, but pick-up is the only way to get them as postage would be very expensive

:arrow: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

:arrow: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
Old 07-27-2004, 02:27 PM   #20
TT
Regular User

HAHA of course to shit 70 magazines would cost a lot! the first complete collection popped up when I needed only the last 3 or 4 issues anyway
Old 07-27-2004, 04:58 PM   #21
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
HAHA of course to shit 70 magazines
What an unfortunate slip of the finger... i am sure you meant to "ship 70 mags" rather than to "shit" them... which would be very painfull
Old 07-27-2004, 05:16 PM   #22
T-Bird
Regular User

well I have a ton of Magazines in nice stacks in my closet from quite a few years back now i don't know why though.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 05:40 PM   #23
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by thenumber1
Originally Posted by TT
HAHA of course to shit 70 magazines
What an unfortunate slip of the finger... i am sure you meant to "ship 70 mags" rather than to "shit" them... which would be very painfull
HAHAHA Fuck!