Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 09-17-2005, 04:48 PM   #1
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Default thank god for credit card fraud units..(bitch did it again!)

I got a call this morning from my credit card company saying there had been a $236 transaction last night on my card over the internet to some direct marketing company in new york :shock: Had they not called i would not have known about it until i got my next statement in a couple weeks.

They suspended my card account and they are sending me a new card with a new account # and i'm not liable for the transaction fortunately.

I don't know how cc# got out since i rarely use it, but i'm glad the company caught it and i hope they catch the little cunt who tried to fuck me over

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 04:56 PM   #2
gucom
Regular User

wow its ur lucky day! lots to be done with 236 dollars...and nice to see they're paying attention at ur credit card company BTW why is a creditcard so widespread in the US? i dont really see the advantages above a bank account card with PIN or whatever its called over there...sum1 plz enlighten me? :roll:
Old 09-17-2005, 05:08 PM   #3
ZfrkS62
Regular User

With a credit card you are spending money you don't have. the credit card company says "here, we'll give you this card and you can use it to buy stuff up to X amount of money". You still have to pay it back with interest.

With a Debit card, it's pretty much an ATM card you can use anywhere. It's attatched to your bank account so when you use it at the store, instead of building up a balance with the credit card company, it just comes right out of your bank account.

Old 09-17-2005, 05:14 PM   #4
gucom
Regular User

yeah which is why i find an ATM card much better...u dont get a debt, and u only pay as much as ur paying, not extra rent...i really dont know why credit cards are so popular in the US, unless ppl there like to spend money they dont have...with an ATM card u never get any debt, if ur out of money u jsut cant pay anymore...maybe americans are out of money alot because of their spending patterns? :roll: ah well monthy python's the meaning of life is on tv now so im gonna stop thinking about stuff like this, ive got college again soon enough...
Old 09-17-2005, 05:25 PM   #5
T-Bird
Regular User

I use credit cards to build up my credit score.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 05:34 PM   #6
antonioledesma
Regular User

you were really lucky Z. cc# are very easy to obtain. Just look how many times you hand it over, the seconds or minutes you don't see it, etc. My family has a little store, and you wouldn't believe the times ppl forget their CC, hand them over as candies, signing anything you hand them over, etc.

here that we are invaded by USA's culture, we're spending a lot with CC. For an monthly wage of 400usd you can obtain countless CC with a limit of... 1000usd or more for each card. Great isn't it? until you start to pay everything
another thing that a CC allows you to do it... is to buy a PC, laptop, furniture, stereos, whatever in a department store and pay it in easy and tiresome 12 installments
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 05:44 PM   #7
ZfrkS62
Regular User

my cards stay in my wallet and i never take my eyes off the clerk when i hand them the card.

Old 09-17-2005, 05:45 PM   #8
bmagni
Regular User

you never know when this is gonna happen, never happened to me or my family but well its easy to do, maybe theyll contact you and have a friend of yours arrested

Originally Posted by antonioledesma
here that we are invaded by USA's culture, we're spending a lot with CC. For an monthly wage of 400usd you can obtain countless CC with a limit of... 1000usd or more for each card. Great isn't it? until you start to pay everything
another thing that a CC allows you to do it... is to buy a PC, laptop, furniture, stereos, whatever in a department store and pay it in easy and tiresome 12 installments
thats why you use a debit card or AmEx
people rarely know how to use credit cards, like you say with a low wage you can get a big credit and then when they realize it, they have lots of debts and not enough money to pay...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 05:45 PM   #9
antonioledesma
Regular User

Z, have you used them via internet?

Originally Posted by bmagni
thats why you use a debit card or AmEx .
amex is the work of the devil
Old 09-17-2005, 05:48 PM   #10
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i've used the card in question maybe once over the net and i don't remember what it was for, but it was not for 236 bucks

Old 09-17-2005, 05:50 PM   #11
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by gucom
wow its ur lucky day! lots to be done with 236 dollars...and nice to see they're paying attention at ur credit card company BTW why is a creditcard so widespread in the US? i dont really see the advantages above a bank account card with PIN or whatever its called over there...sum1 plz enlighten me? :roll:
Cause everybody here is poor, everybody lives here on credit, house on credit, car on credit, TV on credit...Thats how things work here...I personaly only use credit cards to shop online, and my father is so old school that he has 100 grand in his savings account, and doesnt want to buy a house because he doesnt want to be in debt...
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 05:54 PM   #12
bmagni
Regular User

yeah, its just a service card as they call it, and status card too, hehe
If you dont pay in time you pay the highest interest ever... 50%+
so like that you know if you dont pay you'll suffer...
now they have released the lowest interest credit card in mexico (TIIE + 9% of interest) but its a credit card
Old 09-17-2005, 06:02 PM   #13
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
i've used the card in question maybe once over the net and i don't remember what it was for, but it was not for 236 bucks
wonder how "they" got your number. Maybe they got it from your computer

yeah, its just a service card as they call it, and status card too, hehe
If you dont pay in time you pay the highest interest ever... 50%+
so like that you know if you dont pay you'll suffer...
now they have released the lowest interest credit card in mexico (TIIE + 9% of interest) but its a credit card
status...omg... even the ppl that have the "blue amex" card think they're out of everyone's league they're hot shots LOL
I love/hate my amex card, but it's a hard hit on your pocket when you don't pay in time
Old 09-17-2005, 06:14 PM   #14
bmagni
Regular User

status...omg... even the ppl that have the "blue amex" card think they're out of everyone's league they're hot shots LOL
I love/hate my amex card, but it's a hard hit on your pocket when you don't pay in time
well its more poser, i know, but status sounds more convenient to us non posers.

The blue amex is a credit card if im not wrong and if people feel special cause of owning that, well
Old 09-17-2005, 06:33 PM   #15
antonioledesma
Regular User

well its more poser, i know, but status sounds more convenient to us non posers.

The blue amex is a credit card if im not wrong and if people feel special cause of owning that, well
hey... I'm from Lindavista... so I'm a poser with my dad's amex card 8) LOL

and yes the blue amex is a credit card, but ppl feel VERY special with that credit card. They only ask a monthly wage of 5000 pesos or a bank account with 10000 pesos for the last 3 months