Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 08-29-2005, 03:57 PM   #1
Wutputt
Regular User

Default IAA Frankfurt & two days Nordschleife.

In about two weeks time, a month will be passed since the last time I visited the German Autobahns and the Nordschleife. So it's about time I head back again

Since the Frankfurt motorshow starts in two weeks, I'll be combining a 2-day NS visit with the IAA motorshow.

Day 1

Leaving time: 15th of September, evening
Destination: a hotel in Koblenz.
Distance: 270 km

Day 2

Leaving time: very early
Destination: IAA Frankfurt
Distance: 125 km
I hope we don't have to miss too many things. Cause imo one day will be a bit less to be able seeing everything. We'll be heading back to Koblenz in the evening.

Day 3 and 4:

And the 17th and 18th of September it will be Ring time The BBQ will be in the trunk so we can have a nice Ring BBQ with some friends, while the GT3 RS's, M3 CSL's and Ferraris are passing by. Can you imagine a better view while having diner?

Sunday evening it will be going back home and facing the hard reality of work and picture editing on Monday. Expect a lot of pics from this trip
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 04:12 PM   #2
Darkel
Regular User

Default Re: IAA Frankfurt & two days Nordschleife.

Originally Posted by Wutputt
I hope we don't have to miss too many things. Cause imo one day will be a bit less to be able seeing everything. We'll be heading back to Koblenz in the evening.
I went there in 2001 and 2003, from 11H00 to 17H00 and I saw everything, I could have a quiet lunch and before leaving I just sat there and had a rest, so you probably won't miss anything

Great trip, is it just me or you've become a Ring-addict ?
Darkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 03:37 AM   #3
stmoritzer
Regular User

This is a great trip you've planned
My collegue and I are also thinking about going to the IAA (leaving on Sunday, and visit IAA on Monday19.9).
There is also a secret "2 for 2"-thing become true, but this would be beyond my dreams, if it will be real.....

@dani
btw, don't miss to visit the Speyer museum very close to Sinsheim (also a car-airplane museum, less cars but a "walkable" 747 and other planes !

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 04:18 AM   #4
Evo
Regular User

Hey my brother and I are planning to go to IAA Fraknkfurt motor show.. It's our first time.. we though we need at least 2 days 15th and 16th to really see the show.. Do you think its not worth staying 2 days for the show? or would an early morning start be more than enough and spend the next day doing something eles.. If so then what do you recomend. And by the way how far is the Nurburgring from this place.. ?
Old 08-30-2005, 09:22 AM   #5
Darkel
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Is this the one you can see from the autobahn... with a Concorde and a Tupolev? I thought that was actually the Sinsheim museum...
The one with a concorde + tupolev is Sinsheim, Speyer has a 747 (Lufthansa) and some other planes
Old 08-30-2005, 09:32 AM   #6
dingo
Regular User

Wutputt this sounds like an awesome trip, and its always good when someone who takes great pictures goes as I get something out of it too.

I envy you guys living in Europe who can hop in a car and be in another country so quickly.....

Have fun!
Old 08-30-2005, 10:23 AM   #7
Darkel
Regular User

the BMW Museum (if it actually exists )...
You can't miss this one
Old 08-30-2005, 10:31 AM   #8
komotar
Regular User

Sounds like you'll have lots and lots of fun. 8)

Picnic at the ring.........awesome 8)

I just found out a few days ago I'll also be going to the IAA.
I'll be there during the press days. I can't wait.

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 04:05 PM   #9
Wutputt
Regular User

^^^
Press days, nice 8)

Maybe I should try to get press accreditation (free entrance, everything open and free parking spot) during the trade days. I've written an article once for a mag; but I don't think that's sufficient for getting press credentials.

Originally Posted by Darkel
Originally Posted by Wutputt
I went there in 2001 and 2003, from 11H00 to 17H00 and I saw everything, I could have a quiet lunch and before leaving I just sat there and had a rest, so you probably won't miss anything

Great trip, is it just me or you've become a Ring-addict ?
Thanks for the info.

Me? A ring-addict? On what basis would you conclude that?

@ Dani: Sounds like an amazing German trip you've planned. Must be a lot of fun. Maybe you should add Autostadt to your to-visit-list as well

^^^ One day... if you arrive early in the morning... is enough IMO. I don't think the IAA is much bigger than the Geneva show... and that's the time I needed to see the whole thing
LOL, Geneva took me about 1,5 day to visit (in a weekend though). I've heard Frankfurt is bigger, especially the German marks.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:07 PM   #10
Wutputt
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
I envy you guys living in Europe who can hop in a car and be in another country so quickly.....
You can try it as well, but you'll probably get wet by doing it
Old 08-30-2005, 04:36 PM   #11
Evo
Regular User

^^^ One day... if you arrive early in the morning... is enough IMO. I don't think the IAA is much bigger than the Geneva show... and that's the time I needed to see the whole thing
I never went to Geneva Show... This is my first ever outside the country motor show.. So I will take your word for it 1 day at the show what eles do you is worth looking at.. Car relaited ofcource.. I don't want no Art museum or stuff like that I'm going with my brother and I won't hear the end of it.. So something to do with cars..

I will then head to London for a cause that all you guys will know latter on. :roll:
Old 08-31-2005, 03:24 AM   #12
stmoritzer
Regular User

Originally Posted by Darkel
Is this the one you can see from the autobahn... with a Concorde and a Tupolev? I thought that was actually the Sinsheim museum...
The one with a concorde + tupolev is Sinsheim, Speyer has a 747 (Lufthansa) and some other planes
^ yes, exactly... The Speyer museum has a hall full of oldtimers (Sinsheim has maybe 3 times as many cars, also racecars, "younger" ones), both of the Museums have a IMAX cinema, well worth to watch a movie or two

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 04:36 AM   #13
stradale
Regular User

Wutputt, I will be at the Ring the 17-18th of september as well. Check my topic in this section.

Evo, it would be cool if you and your brother were there too. I take it the Diablo isn't accompanying you guys in Germany?
Old 09-03-2005, 04:44 AM   #14
Evo
Regular User

Originally Posted by stradale
Evo, it would be cool if you and your brother were there too. I take it the Diablo isn't accompanying you guys in Germany?
Unless I can fold the car up and place it in lugage bag then I'm afraid it have to say.. By the way no body told me how far is the ring from IAA Frankfurt ?
Old 09-03-2005, 06:30 AM   #15
Darkel
Regular User

Approximately 170km