Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 02-25-2006, 09:39 PM   #1
T-Bird
Regular User

Default theft at work...

OK here's the story, on Thursday I got to work early and there was 2 other techs already there and they were over in our service lot looking at something so I went over to see what was going on and saw 2 brand new TL's sitting on the ground without wheels on them and the rotors were dug into the ground. so the cops came and the insurance company came and took pics and that was it. then we got the wheels and tires on Friday and put the tires on them but we didn't get the lug nuts and wont have them until Monday. but so far the damage that has been seen doesn't look good the wheels and tires alone cost $5500 USD and there is going to be alot more damage to the undersides of the cars since looking at another TL the exhaust is more than likely bent up the rear control arms look bent on one of the cars, the brake lines are all pinched under the frame, the rotors aren't useable and probably alot more. I will update on Monday with better pictures. All I had was my cell phone.

T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:48 PM   #2
SilviaEvo
Regular User

oh shit! is insurance going to pay for it all? motherfucking wankers!!! i hate it when shit like this happens
Old 02-25-2006, 10:15 PM   #3
T-Bird
Regular User

yeah it's all covered under insurance and we are getting Cameras installed next week aswell.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:32 PM   #4
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
yeah it's all covered under insurance and we are getting Cameras installed next week aswell.
as an afterthough, or as a precaution to prevent further acts?

here, a number of the lots have after hour security guards who basically watch, and if they see something suspicious, then they would call the cops. some have some security cameras too... the local Ford dealer has never had a theft with the security guard thats been there for quite some years.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:44 PM   #5
T-Bird
Regular User

I would say it is a combo of both they really need to do it just to be safe. Our Honda store has the entire New car lot behind a fence except for the few they have upfront during the day. And most dealers around here have their service lot behind a fence to atleast protect the customers cars.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:55 AM   #6
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Some of the Meredes a few weeks ago had their mirror covers jacked. Apparently the covers from the C and E classes fit perfectly on the newer Civics, so they are a pretty hot ticket. I don't know what the cost of that one was but i think it was 10 cars that got ripped off.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 08:48 PM   #7
T-Bird
Regular User

wow that's pretty messed up... We've been having people coming in needing mirrors for their TSX's lately.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:34 PM   #8
Garretts_turbo
Regular User

damn those cars are slammed!!! haha sorry i had too.

in all seriousness, thats terrible. theft/damage of cars is one of the lowest of low in my books. one of the lots near my house had all of the trucks vandalized and tagged with graffiti not too long ago...
Old 02-26-2006, 11:40 PM   #9
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by Z0RR0
I have some TL rims and tires I could sell you pretty cheap. They're brand new.
Can you get me the serial numbers off the tires for me? I want to see if the warranty is still good...
Old 02-26-2006, 11:51 PM   #10
Zot09
Regular User

wow that's pretty messed up... We've been having people coming in needing mirrors for their TSX's lately.
I've also heard a lot of stories about people getting their TSX headlights stolen, because people want the xenon bulbs and balasts.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:03 AM   #11
T-Bird
Regular User

well considering the balasts like to go to shit within 2 years on quite a few of them i.e. theones who keep them on all the time. and the bulbs alone are $180 a piece
Old 02-27-2006, 12:57 AM   #12
ZfrkS62
Regular User

well considering the balasts like to go to shit within 2 years on quite a few of them i.e. theones who keep them on all the time. and the bulbs alone are $180 a piece
WTF??? 180 for a bulb?? Do they come with the ignitors on them already???

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:43 AM   #13
T-Bird
Regular User

no man it's just the HID Bulb looks just like a normal bulb the ignitor/balasts are attached to the headligth assembly.