Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 06-09-2007, 02:10 AM   #1
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Default Youtube: unearthing new attention whores daily

http://youtube.com/results?search_qu...&search=Search

I've been trying to learn Metallica's Orion (instrumental) recently and i've been having issues in interpreting the first verse. So i turned to youtube to see if anyone was demonstrating it. Unfortunately, all i've been able to find that's detailed enough, is every hack and their dog playing the fucking solos.

Now, this is flat out wrong. If all you're going to do is learn the bass solos, then you are completely missing the fucking point of being a bass player. The only band member that is supposed to get less attention is the drummer. The rhythm section is just supposed to sit in the back ground and back up the guitars and vocals, and keep them in time. Now obviously in some cases (ie Rush and Motorhead) the bass player takes a little bit more of a leadership role, but it's rare.

of course there are about 3 of these kids that look like complete douchebags just holding their instruments, and then you hear them play and feel the urge to confiscate all their metal cds and musical instruments. Now, i'm sure i didn't sound all that great when i first started but i wasn't showing off my "skills" either. Hell, i've had my bass for 7 years now and i still haven't really played in front of anyone.

What the hell has youtube gone and created?

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:33 PM   #2
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

The worst are those assholes who do those video journals of them selves...

youtube should definitely stick to legally pirating videos from around the world
Old 06-10-2007, 05:02 AM   #3
ARMAN
Regular User

youtube was originally created so attention whores can put there theyr vids there to showoff or am I wrong? most of them are empationed to make a good video and put there all the crap as they dont pay anything for hosting

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:58 AM   #4
unrandom
Regular User

I think you should lighten up a little - everyone had to start out as a beginner first and of course a lot of them are going to suck somewhat. If you want guitar lessons then you should pay a guitar instructor, not just slag off stuff you've found for free
unrandom is offline   Reply With Quote