Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 01-16-2007, 10:51 AM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default Apocalypto

Finally got around to watch this discussed movie. I was sure we had a topic about it but it was probably before the movie was actually released or anybody had the opportunity to see it..

Well, now it's out pretty much everywhere (internet too :roll: ) and so, is it that bad, that nedlessly violet and gruesome?!?

Nope it isn't.. maybe because I saw many B rated movies, like the Peter Jackson's early stuff, any kind of gorish italian movies from the 70s or vids from that list posted time ago (Men behind the sun and so on..), so honestly, a guy cuttin the heart of another guy out of his torax isn't really that bad. Doesn't even come close to the worst shit I saw

And well, Apocalypto has a strong rythm, it's well paced, packed with violence maybe, but not too much to ruin the rest of the action.

I kept reading about ppl having to leave the room during the movie but honestly, the action is so intense and the desire to know what will happen so strong that I remained glued to it all time long!

What about you?
Old 01-16-2007, 09:21 PM   #2
thepest
Regular User

Just finished watching it. I thought I is a very nice movie... as you said it is really well paced, and eventhough there are some pretty disturbing images it's nothing too much and it goes with the story. A must watch, I recon.
Well done Mel!

Always outnumbered, never outguned!!!
thepest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:25 PM   #3
TopGearNL
Regular User

I watched it, good story! Action packed!

I also watched Children of Men on the same night so it was a good movie night!