Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 01-08-2007, 03:06 PM   #631
Iwan
Regular User

amazing, always thought I'm crazy changing 7 cars in 14 months,
of course different level but this just tops everything!

good choice on the SLR, have seen a couple in real life, the only thing missing
on that one is the sound output.

have fun with all your beasts!!

regards
iwan
Old 01-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #632
cooperluke
Regular User

Are you visiting the Mclaren factory for the SLR Expirience??? Take a look here:
http://www.mclarencars.com/cars/slr_customer_care.htm
Humm.. I think that implies flying=airplane=NO

Am I right or what?

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:31 PM   #633
ViperASR
Regular User

Wow, it seems that you enjoy your cars for a bit and then theyre gone. Ill take the handydowns .

I must be very nice to enjoy cars of this caliber everyday! I'm jelous, one day..... 0X

Congrats on the SLR, although im a little upset that you got rid of the 997TT, but hey, its ur money right

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:38 PM   #634
mevistox5
Regular User

Originally Posted by cooperluke
Are you visiting the Mclaren factory for the SLR Expirience??? Take a look here:
http://www.mclarencars.com/cars/slr_customer_care.htm
Humm.. I think that implies flying=airplane=NO

Am I right or what?
It's a one time opportunity. If you take into account what the car costs the airfare is pocketchange.
mevistox5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:44 PM   #635
Z3uS
Regular User

Wow, man... I want to be like you in the future

SLR is a great car, one of my favourites and i'm sure you will enjoy it. A pitty the 997T had to go, but it's all great when a SLR is coming though

Congratulations for the trade.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:47 PM   #636
nthfinity
Regular User

Must..... Not..... Flame.......

Stay....... on...... topic........ ugggggh.... so....... much..... hate..... of....... american cars.....

I think that it is safe to say that Michael hasn't been on an aircraft of any kind in at least 20 years... but i think even longer (sometime in the 70's)
Old 01-08-2007, 04:48 PM   #637
cooperluke
Regular User

LOL... I think the money isn't the issue...

The problem is that an airplane has that "naughty habit" of taking the wheels of the ground...

Old 01-08-2007, 05:12 PM   #638
mevistox5
Regular User

The problem is that an airplane has that "naughty habit" of taking the wheels of the ground...
Should have read all the pages ops:
mevistox5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:19 PM   #639
cooperluke
Regular User

Originally Posted by mevistox5

Yep....

Originally Posted by magwheel
(boy I hate to admit this), but I'm 'chicken sh_t about flying. I haven't been in an airplane since 1977
It would be funny... someone buying an SLR, and then not going to the factory to save money!

In fact.... almost as funny has someone having and driving cars that can do 300km/h, but being afraid to fly!

Old 01-08-2007, 05:24 PM   #640
nthfinity
Regular User

Yep....

(boy I hate to admit this), but I'm 'chicken sh_t about flying. I haven't been in an airplane since 1977
It would be funny... someone buying an SLR, and then not going to the factory to save money!

In fact.... almost as funny has someone having and driving cars that can do 300km/h, but being afraid to fly!
It is a whole lot of pages LOL... but its a nice way to spend a bit of time

Also, a friend who bought a CGT in early 2005 had one on order originally, stopped the order, and bought his at 40,000$ off MSRP... and didn't fly to Weissach, or Stutgart to do any of the available options for pick up, or pre-ordered costomer events, and is quite happy he saved 40,000$... but... I have another friend who has one, and is quite happy to have flown to Germany for the special costomer options, and doesn't regret it whatsoever...

different strokes for different folks
Old 01-08-2007, 06:21 PM   #641
TT
Regular User

While reading your post I was hoping for a "new" color and not one of the two original ones, but well, silver will do and damn, what a nice addition to the collection, although it's pretty sad to see the 997 already go!
Old 01-08-2007, 06:32 PM   #642
sameerrao
Regular User

I change my shorts about as frequently as Mike changes his cars... I guess it is time for my change then ... see you later

I have not been checking up on the comings and goings in this thread for ages. Sorry to read about the passing of your dog! Hope you have a nice 07

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 03:11 AM   #643
magwheel
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity

Yep....

It is a whole lot of pages LOL... but its a nice way to spend a bit of time
different strokes for different folks
Oh yeah guys...... go ahead and just keep picking on my sorry 'old' spoiled brat ass! :prr: Just cause I'm afraid to fly (in an airplane) and not go over 120 mph or so in a car doesn't mean I'm a 'candy ass' or..... does it???

Heck... I use to drag race across the nation and once hit a guard rail at around 100-110 mph. Didn't roll the car (1967 Camaro Super Stocker) but the accident would have made a fantastic Coca Cola commercial. After I got out of the car and the "Hurst Safety Safari Team' got to me, they asked me if I was OK? I responded to them by saying "I'm alright... do you have a Coke?... gimme a Coke!" :shocked!:

You've guys got to remember, I'll be 59 next month. Back in the 60s, if I had these cars then, I might have been as 'wild and crazy' like most of you 'young shi_ts' are nowadays! You'll see, as you get older and wiser, you'll value the time you have left here on Earth and slow down a little.

Plus, if you promise be nice to me... I'll send you an autographed picture of me and the SLR signed 'The Beast and the Chicken'! :roflmao: The Mags
Old 01-09-2007, 03:29 AM   #644
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

^ I know what you mean, even I in my age (:roll: ) am "slower" then I was a few years ago.. (could be tho its just the I now dont have a car and just drive what i can leech from people and 3-4 years ago I had a some really fast wheels , time will tell I guess.. )
anywho, will be waiting for those postcards or even an "E-card"

PS- do feel free to share more stories and be sure to take a Coke with you in the SLR, as you'll be doing 120 in no time

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:16 AM   #645
cooperluke
Regular User

Plus, if you promise be nice to me... I'll send you an autographed picture of me and the SLR signed 'The Beast and the Chicken'! :roflmao: The Mags
I promiss to be nicer..... ops:

You can send!

Apartado 2879
2400 Leiria
Portugal-Europe

And if you want, you can also send an airplane ticket that I won't bother visiting you to see that amazing SLR!!!

LOLOLOL