Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2007, 01:48 PM   #1
philip
Regular User

Default Al Gore called overseas for a global warming event

A message from Barbara Boxer (Democratic Senator from California) to concerned JW members:

"I just got a call from Vice President Al Gore. He told me that he needs to travel abroad tomorrow for an exciting and urgent mission that could result in a major breakthrough in the fight against global warming.

Unfortunately, this means that we must postpone our Thursday, October 11th event with him until Friday, November 9th. I wanted to be sure to e-mail you tonight in case you were planning on attending.

While I am really disappointed that we won't see Al Gore until next month, I am thrilled that he is continuing to provide critical leadership to address one of the most pressing issues of our time. You should know that only the most urgent global warming mission has called him out of the country."

I know that like me you are very excited at what appears to be the big chance that Al Gore has won the Nobel Peace Prize.

I would like to publicly be the first to congratulate him on what is obviously an important award.