Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 02-26-2005, 12:55 PM   #781
TT
Regular User

LOL I just completed the International B and got as a bronze car the damn Nike concept I hate the license prize cars LOL! The Silver IB one is the RX-8 concept with is already slightly better

Now onto IA and then I will be ready to start the races maybe
Old 02-26-2005, 01:21 PM   #782
tigerx
Regular User

LOL I just completed the International B and got as a bronze car the damn Nike concept Very Happy I hate the license prize cars LOL! The Silver IB one is the RX-8 concept with is already slightly better
but you can get that mazda concept doing the wet tsukuba race (easy mode) in special condition hall, easily.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:26 PM   #783
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
LOL I just completed the International B and got as a bronze car the damn Nike concept I hate the license prize cars LOL! The Silver IB one is the RX-8 concept with is already slightly better

Now onto IA and then I will be ready to start the races maybe
Hey i added that prize car list to my site so if you want to know what car you get for what race just go over to http://www.angelfire.com/ult/gt4hots...4prizecars.htm.

BTW this is a teaser of what my gallery for my visiotors will look like! Rigtht now I have like 5 people that are gonna be on there if you want to be on there then just pm me or post it here!

http://img134.exs.cx/img134/9302/untitled0pr.jpg
Old 02-26-2005, 01:42 PM   #784
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by tigerx
but the questino is, would it work with GT4?
No - the quesiton is, why would I post something in a GT4 thread, that doesn't woirk with GT4...?

Uhm - some of us do actually think and use common sense in our daily lives... I happen to be one of them. Perhaps when I was an inconsiderate youth I may have done completely brainless acts like suggest a piece of equipment as a solution that was completely unrelated to the requiremnts of the problem at hand...

.... but I didn't.

:roll:

So - to answer your quesiton, Of course is it GT4 compatible - I would not have suggested it if it wasn't.

If I sound irriated - I am, because one of the few things that does irritate me, is when people don't think... and to ask if something suggested in a GT4 thread, is GT4 compatible, when the poster is actively using GT4 is rather absurd.

It's akin to asking your mother if it is ok to breath in after the last time you exhale... if you need to be asking then you shouldn't be breathing in the first place..

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 01:48 PM   #785
Pimp Racer
Regular User

@ RC45

BTW in case you missed it just go back to the last page for the compabiable USB stick's
Old 02-26-2005, 01:55 PM   #786
TT
Regular User

Pimp, please, thumbs ONLY for imageshack's hosted pics from now on.

BTW, it is true that I still didn't play a lot with replays, but how do you take a picture from a one of them?

BTW, why, my %age is still at 0 despite the licenses? LOL I thought I remember in GT3 they counted some small 0.X, am I wrong?
Old 02-26-2005, 02:09 PM   #787
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Pimp, please, thumbs ONLY for imageshack's hosted pics from now on.

BTW, it is true that I still didn't play a lot with replays, but how do you take a picture from a one of them?

BTW, why, my %age is still at 0 despite the licenses? LOL I thought I remember in GT3 they counted some small 0.X, am I wrong?
Sorry about that TT its the morning and god damn Florida sun waking me up! Only like 8 hours of sleep since it was GT4 all nite!

To take pictures from a replay you must first race and then SAVE the replay and then go to the theater hall or something and then load the replay and press seclect to pause the camera and then you can zoom in and move camera and all the other good stuff!

Yeah I dont think GT4 gives you % for the liscenses?
Old 02-26-2005, 02:11 PM   #788
TT
Regular User

Thanks for the answer
Old 02-26-2005, 02:23 PM   #789
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Thanks for the answer
No problem. I was asked this like 2 times on AIM today so I had it memorized! I think I will make a FAQ section on my site pretty soon? Right now I am working on something VERY big!
Old 02-26-2005, 02:25 PM   #790
Sachmo12345
Regular User

it seem a lot fuckin harder to drift in GT4 than in GT3.. anyone else notice this

Xbox Live Gamertag: sachmo12345
Sachmo12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 02:34 PM   #791
TT
Regular User

It is, and cars tends to snap back at you with some massive tailfish too, but afterall it is not easy to control a long drift in real life. And it is even harder if, like me, you play with the regular controller and not with a good wheel
Old 02-26-2005, 03:08 PM   #792
Minacious
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Dang, am I the only one that find the photmode totally useless and boring now that I have the game? The basic idea was cute, but hell, I'd rather go out and take real pics or, if I need to be stuck in front of my TV, at least I will race or whatever, but after the first 2 pics I already "dumped" the photomode and I doubt I will use it that much :bah: wasted time for the programmers as already pointed out...
Yep, the photo mode is almost useless. I am still shocked that they took the time to add like 20 different camera sounds when that time/space could have went towards something more beneficial to gameplay. Using the photo feature during a saved replay makes a little more sense because you can capture an action shot or spectacular moment during the race, but that is it.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:29 PM   #793
Pimp Racer
Regular User

I dont like GT4's soundtrack! There is like 50 fucking songs and not a single is good! That was a true waste of disk space IMO! At least a hundred or so MB for them songs!
Old 02-26-2005, 03:52 PM   #794
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious
Originally Posted by TT
Dang, am I the only one that find the photmode totally useless and boring now that I have the game? The basic idea was cute, but hell, I'd rather go out and take real pics or, if I need to be stuck in front of my TV, at least I will race or whatever, but after the first 2 pics I already "dumped" the photomode and I doubt I will use it that much :bah: wasted time for the programmers as already pointed out...
Yep, the photo mode is almost useless. I am still shocked that they took the time to add like 20 different camera sounds when that time/space could have went towards something more beneficial to gameplay. Using the photo feature during a saved replay makes a little more sense because you can capture an action shot or spectacular moment during the race, but that is it.
This is the downside of taking 4 years to write software in this day and age.

At the time, they did not consider that real life digicams would become so cheap that ordinary folks like us could go take 1,000 pictures a month and not spend money on film.

They built this "feature" in to the game at a time when the idea of posing cars for quxlity digital images was still a novelty.

The truth is that with a prototype photo and Photoshop skillz you can outdo the GT4 photo mode easily.

This is why they should not have delayed so many times - because they set the expectation that all the game features would be prefected - and that eyecandy bonus would be just that, a bonus over the perfect game.

Sadly this we now know is not true.

And yes, the photo option in the replay mode is way better. But they even failed with this - where is the frame by frame forward /reverse support so you can grab exactly the frame you want.

When I took this picture, it took longer to hit the pause/play till I stopped on a back-fire flame image with a flame, than the entire picture setup and saving to USB took.

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 04:02 PM   #795
Anonymous

Um slightly worrying, when i click that pic i get directed to imageshack.us please don't say Imageshack have banned us!!