Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 01-12-2005, 07:51 PM   #1
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Default When did you get into cars?

I'm just curious. I go way back since I was crolling I had a model in my hands. Have VHS footage to proove it (at a later age though) I had many models as a child. And loved being driven. My mom says I would get very excited when we would go on a drive...And from the times that I can remember my self I can still see the picture in my head when I was playing with little models on the street, and building garages for my cars in sand.
But up to until I hit 12 I was just into cars, I didnt really know the models etc. I just liked cars. But 12-13 I started reading magazines, reading in the internet, getting into sims. At first I was a huge Lambo fan, when I saw the Diablo pictures for the first time, I thought it was THE sheet. Then I went into Porsches(one a serious level) Then I discovered more and and more of Ferrari and to this day Im a real Tiffosi. Then I got into games. At first pole position on my atari 65XE (I was a midget at the time, always asked my sister to load the game for me because I didnt kmow how to) then NFS series then GPL and I went on from there into EAs F1 2000 then I discovered about Simbin and their FIA GT mods and went comletly bunkers because I could race big GTs.

So what about you?
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:16 PM   #2
HeilSvenska
Regular User

I saw the colorchanging Lamborghini Countach on Cannonball 2 when i was like 5.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:23 PM   #3
gottacatchup
Regular User

My brother whos 2 and a half years older than me was always into cars, specifically trucks so we always had a bunch of matchbox cars and legos and models and crap. Slowly, around age 10 i drifted away from trucks into sportscars and havent looked back since. Got my first car magazine subscription when i was 12 and have been completely obsessed ever since.

Incase you're wondering my brother is still a truck maniac.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:06 PM   #4
T-Bird
Regular User

I always got a Matchbox or Hot Wheels car when we went to the store and always loved cars because of it.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:14 PM   #5
FPVPSI
Regular User

mmmm...ever since i could remember... ...my dad is into motorsport, and he took me to watch the races, and all that...plus my older brother was into hotted up cars, and used to do quite afewa year, and that probably got me into cars... 8) ...i have a very automobile appreciating family...
Old 01-12-2005, 09:52 PM   #6
gis
Regular User

hmm,must be about 11 years ago at a guess,a few things really but the one that stands out is the collection of cars i got from the petrol station,my dad and my neighbour aalways gave them to me and between them they got me the collection,and i loved lookin at all the cars that were in it,porsches etc etc,and from then on i began to realise and notice all the cars that were more expensive,stood out more,sounded better.then i got a book about fast cars and when seeing them on the road i got to love them more.it went on and on liek that,as i got older,the more cars i got to know

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 10:04 PM   #7
vexor
Regular User

I got interested back when I was in gr. 8 (only :roll: ) My friend showed me a heavily modded R33 or 34 Skyline and then he told me to look on the net for it's specs. So I did and then I saw how many amazing looking cars there were and then I slowly got past the looks and checked the specs, prices, etc. And now i'm a car enthusiast.

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 10:35 PM   #8
dons5
Regular User

My whole life basically, when I was a kid I just had tons and tons of those like little cars Matchbox, tons of hot wheels etc etc. Used to really like the Can Am/LeMans Prototype type of cars. I was playin with cars all the time, when my family would go for family visits to other ppls houses all they had to do was pull there car toys out and I was fine, playin with the cars all night even if it was by myself. Being in an Italian Family it was only natural to always hear about Ferrari. So was always a tifosi. But then in 99 i got into and started watching F1. The first race I saw was Magny Cours and to this day I still cant rememebr how I got into F1 just all of a sudden overnight. It might of been maybe I was sick and couldnt sleep so I saw the race (or quali) on T.V.?? I have no idea. But it was really weird cause up until then I had never watched F1 (unless i happened to see it on t.v. while flippin through) but all of a sudden I had my enemies, my favorites and everything, it seems really weird now when I think back, that I just all of a sudden got into it sooo much, and the next race when schumi broke his leg I was goin crazy as if I was into the sport for years and not 2 weeks, and then from then on Ferrari and F1 (and all racing) are all I think about, it just like happened over night I still cant understand how it just all hapepened all of a sudden.

And games, well I have always played racing games on consoles but i finally got into real racing games like sims late summer 04. I went and bought a Logitech Momo Racing and played it a lil trying it on diffrent games etc. But since around August or September I have been really into it, First F1C and in the FIHS league http://fihs.net/ (awesome place) and I got most promising driver of the year after qualifying and finishing 3rd in my one and only race with them at the Season Finale in Brazil. And then I got GTR by Simbin and its the best game, I love it!.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:43 PM   #9
findleybeast
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
I saw the colorchanging Lamborghini Countach on Cannonball 2 when i was like 5.
Me too! That car looked pretty crazy back then

I didn't really start lusting after cars till highschool though

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:28 PM   #10
Toronto
Regular User

since I was born, my dad is a huge F1 fan,
and I have been watching f1 on weekend mornings since I was like 2 instead of cartoons.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:01 AM   #11
sikx5
Regular User

Well started all when we were re-building a Alfa 90(our family rebuilds cars)...This car was amazing, im still in love with it, i will buy one someday for sure. I was 7 when we got that, so since then i guess....it also helps everyone in my family is into cars
Old 01-13-2005, 12:07 AM   #12
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

I've been into cars since I can remember, ever since I was a little kid I had tons and tons of matchbox and hotwheels cars with the tracks and everything...I was always aware of some sighting and well living in Sweden I did see some. Ever since I saw my first Ferrari I fell in love with the color red...so basically I've been into cars my whole life...

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 12:10 AM   #13
Vansquish
Regular User

My dad brought me a Bburago model of the 1957 Ferrari 250 Testarossa when I was 2 years old, I was hooked. I started reading Autocar Magazine when I was 5 and started going for "test drives" in prototype vehicles that my dad brought home around then too. He'd play this game with me, "Ok, you've been in one of these before, what did we change?" More often than not it was a suspension mod or something of that sort, and I usually got it right hehe.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 01:54 AM   #14
racer_f50
Regular User

i probably had a few hotwheels/matchbox cars when i was little (and a track or two), but i never really got into cars much until i was older.

When i got addicted to Project Gotham Racing 1 was when i really got into cars, especially really fast ones.
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 02:04 AM   #15
deth
Regular User

been addicted to cars for as long as i can remember, but one of my first car memories is of a large, about 6' long, poster of a white lambo countach that my dad bought for me.