Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 02-25-2006, 05:12 PM   #1
Toronto
Regular User

Default Spiderman 3 - new suit

Old 02-25-2006, 05:23 PM   #2
gigdy
Regular User

They said the problem with the old one was that, "It wasnt Gay enough".
Old 02-25-2006, 05:54 PM   #3
nthfinity
Regular User

sooo.... it looks more threaded, and not spandex anymore?
Old 02-25-2006, 06:02 PM   #4
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by gigdy
Your comment just made me LOL. So spot on..
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 06:04 PM   #5
AlienDB7
Regular User

Spider-Man’s 'dark side' revealed
By Calgary Sun

Spider-Man has spun himself new threads.

The first official image of the web-slinger in next summer’s Spider-Man 3 was released by Sony Pictures yesterday, revealing the characteristically red-and-blue-clad superhero perched atop a church in a black costume.

For fans of the comic book, that means one thing — the arrival of hugely-popular adversary Venom. For non-comics fans, Venom’s origins go something like this: Spider-Man switched costumes in the 1980s, swapping his traditional tights for a snazzy black-and-white outfit that was later revealed to be an evil alien parasite.

The creature then tried to possess Spider Man’s alter-ego, Peter Parker.

After Parker ditched it, the parasite slithered its way to another host — Eddie Brock, a rival of Parker’s at the Daily Bugle newspaper. The two merged to become Venom.

Playing Brock, presumably, will be Topher Grace of That ’70s Show, who has been announced as one of the film’s two new villains. Thomas Haden Church (Sideways) has been confirmed as playing Sandman. That leaves Grace as the dark-suited doppelganger. Spider-Man 3 is due out May 4, 2007.

Other newcomers to the franchise joining Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst and James Franco (who’s rumoured to transform into the new Green Goblin in the film) include Bryce Dallas Howard as Gwen Stacy, a new love interest for Parker, and veteran actor James Cromwell as Gwen’s police captain father.
http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2006/02/25/1461409.html
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 08:02 PM   #6
Mr.Vercetti
Regular User

So.. the villain is going to be Venom, GG, both...?
Old 02-25-2006, 08:07 PM   #7
nthfinity
Regular User

Foreman from that 70's show???

he's like toby Mcgwire's clone

Eddie Brock in the comics series was a Huge guy... more appropriately played by the likes of Bruce "dont call me Ash" Cambell ~ringmaster in SM 1, and doorman in SM 2... he could naturally progress to be a failing jurnalist turned murderer
Old 02-25-2006, 11:39 PM   #8
nthfinity
Regular User

ah, another wolverine fan

man... if only comics were as good now as they were in the early-->late 90's... im glad that marvel has gone into the movie buisness quite well now...

my personal favorite artists were Adam Kubert (wolverine through most of the bone claw era), and Todd McFarlen (not quite as much when he went to image... but his spidy work was phenomenal)

i wonder if the movie is going to try to introduce Brock as having a human side besides his sociopathic side... like what was introduced in the Maximum carnage... the foreman guy could more easily potray Carnage IMO...
Old 02-25-2006, 11:52 PM   #9
blinkmeat
Regular User

Originally Posted by gigdy
Crack for dinner? this one looks way less gay
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 02:20 AM   #10
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by DrijF360
Yeah when I was younger around like 91-95.5 Comics were the best. Had all the cards lots of cards. Mostly collected x-men and Spiderman comics and had Spawn (only first few issues) as well. x-force and x-factor. That stuff was the best.

these pictures are great off topic sorry but thought you had to see

some nice set of pictures, they bring back memories
yeah, that basically mirrors my collection; i want to say that i stop seriously collecting in when i was in 6th or 7th grade... so95-96 or so as well... it was then that either the stories went tame, or the artist changed, etc.
i think all in all, i bought about 800-1000 comic cards... some of the more interesting ones came from the brothers hilderbrant (sp?) as it was nice to have the same style art throuout. i wonder where they all are... somewhere in storage, mabey with my baseball cards, and comic books

all my lawn mowing money was usually gone in 2 days... sometimes even just 1 day ops:
Old 02-26-2006, 02:52 AM   #11
ZfrkS62
Regular User

I think Hobgoblin is supposed to be the goblin in SM3. IIRC in the comics Harry becomes Hobgoblin after finding the spare glider and original suit.

As for the Symbiote (not parasite) that Jameson's son inadvertantly brought back from his mission on the space shuttle, it seemingly held a grudge against Parker for rejecting it. Which is why Brock was the perfect cantidate for the Symbiote to attatch itself to, since Brock hated Peter immensly, they made the perfect team.

What i'm hoping for is for Carnage to make an appearance.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 03:28 AM   #12
nthfinity
Regular User

^^^^^
you know... as much as that would be "cool"
we start getting into something like the 3rd, and 4th batman movies... you have 50 villians, nearly no plot, and an overall terrible movie

i hope Sam Rami can real in that kind of shit... i wonder how the Classic is going to fair in this film
Old 02-26-2006, 03:07 PM   #13
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
^^^^^
you know... as much as that would be "cool"
we start getting into something like the 3rd, and 4th batman movies... you have 50 villians, nearly no plot, and an overall terrible movie

i hope Sam Rami can real in that kind of shit... i wonder how the Classic is going to fair in this film
See, i think the thing that really sets Spiderman apart from the other heroes is that his most challenging foes are the ones that he has to deal with as Peter Parker as well. So as long as you can set up the internal battle within Parker, the plots really kind of write themselves.

His battle with Doctor Octopus in SM2 was really more of Luke vs Vader in that he had no intention to really BEAT Doc. Oc. so much as he was trying to save Dr. Octavius from the control of the biomech arms.

So now that it's Harry/Hobgoblin vs. Peter/Spidey, you throw in the problem of the Symbiote slowy taking him over and then introduce Brock/Venom into the mix, and once again Parker is going to need some serious therapy to overcome the internal conflict that is setup, especially once Mary Jane inevitably gets kidnapped.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:15 AM   #14
a007apl
Regular User

http://info.dreamers.com/i/articulos...os/basico.html
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:59 AM   #15
Mattk
Regular User

Ooh, it's camouflaged against the night sky. Interesting.