Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 08-07-2006, 04:07 PM   #16
Pimp Racer
Regular User

I heard 32 bit shit dont work wit 64 bit vista. BTW what will this be used for? Digtal editing or video editing is my guess from the looks of it.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:54 PM   #17
evoWalo
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
I heard 32 bit shit dont work wit 64 bit vista. BTW what will this be used for? Digtal editing or video editing is my guess from the looks of it.
Something like that.

I'm curious if anyone can beat the price of that configuration as others in past appear to have a knack of find the best deals or whatnot.
evoWalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 05:16 PM   #18
No.1
Regular User

Sounds like a Mac Pro - nice style to the thread ellen :good:
Old 08-07-2006, 05:54 PM   #19
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by ellen feiss
Something like that.

I'm curious if anyone can beat the price of that configuration as others in past appear to have a knack of find the best deals or whatnot.
Ya its always good to check around rather then get it up the you know what.

Originally Posted by No.1
Yeah I was gonna suggest it to him but that is a bit expensive! like around a 100 bucks more than what he wants and he wants XP pro so it would be a hassle to install Bootcamp and then XP from what I heard.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:17 PM   #20
evoWalo
Regular User

Something like that.

Ya its always good to check around rather then get it up the you know what.

Yeah I was gonna suggest it to him but that is a bit expensive! like around a 100 bucks more than what he wants and he wants XP pro so it would be a hassle to install Bootcamp and then XP from what I heard.

The price + specs are that of the Mac Pro. No.1 had to spoil the surprise. XP Pro's the closest thing you could compare to the current OS X. By Spring '07 the comparison would be XP Pro 64-bit & OS X Leopard.

So now no one will attempt to make a comparison cause a Dell with similar specs goes for... we all know Dell are the cheapest of all the big OEMs.

I remember someone stupid was making a global stink over how expensive Macs are.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:22 PM   #21
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Damn you know what! I am a dumbass! I looked at Apple's website too today when this thread was made and before No.1's post! I even configured the Mac Pro but not to your specs but to my specs! Argh I am such a dumbass!
Old 08-07-2006, 06:28 PM   #22
evoWalo
Regular User

Damn you know what! I am a dumbass! I looked at Apple's website too today when this thread was made and before No.1's post! I even configured the Mac Pro but not to your specs but to my specs! Argh I am such a dumbass!
Errr this thread was made before Apple unsuspended the online Apple Store. I typed those specs as they were announced during the WWDC 06 keynote.

General rule when buying Macs from Apple, buy the upgrades somewhere else like newegg.com
Old 08-07-2006, 06:31 PM   #23
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Errr this thread was made before Apple unsuspended the online Apple Store. I typed those specs during the WWDC 06 keynote.

General rule when buying Macs from Apple, buy the upgrades somewhere else like newegg.com
Yes I know that this thread was made before. Thats why I said before No.1's post and after this thread I think. Anyways to put it timewise about an hour ago I looked at Apple's site and configured the Mac Pro. So when are ya gettin it?
Old 08-07-2006, 06:41 PM   #24
evoWalo
Regular User

Yes I know that this thread was made before. Thats why I said before No.1's post and after this thread I think. Anyways to put it timewise about an hour ago I looked at Apple's site and configured the Mac Pro. So when are ya gettin it?
Probably not now cause of Leopard, 8 Core Xeon by January & lack of Adobe native apps & HD DVD or BD writers.

So price-wise what do you think of the Mac Pro?
Old 08-07-2006, 06:41 PM   #25
No.1
Regular User

Indeed - a dumbass you are

I can't believe ellen had you looking all over for prices and such. That was a great way to waste your time :good:

Mac Pro looks just the same as old Power PC - a shame.

It needed to look different, as all the other guys on here seem to dislike macs for the fact that they may be aesthetically pleasing. :bah:
Old 08-07-2006, 06:48 PM   #26
evoWalo
Regular User

It needed to look different, as all the other guys on here seem to dislike macs for the fact that they may be aesthetically pleasing. :bah:
Keeping the old cases does a lot of positive things.

Keeps cost down
Keeps external design bugs to the minimum
Doesnt confuse people too much

My dad thought my uncle's TiBook was identical to the MBP and would experience hinge & paint flaking problem. Externally the enclosures looks similar but the internals are radically different.

I'm sure by 2007 Apple will come out with radically new enclosures that'll make people hate it more and China men copy them like mad.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:56 PM   #27
No.1
Regular User

I see all the reasons - but they don't signify progress to me.

Macs are for sophistcated people, so why would a new case confuse? Or are they all, in fact, yuppies with an idealistic view that they are the person who has to own a mac? That it was designed for somebody so aware as them.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:57 PM   #28
No.1
Regular User

Keeps cost down
Keeps external design bugs to the minimum
Doesnt confuse people too much
Again - external desing bugs (scratching/wear and tear) should all have been tested during the R&D process - otherwise R&D isn't complete, and the product has just been rushed out to market.

Keep costs down for who? Jobs, or the consumer?
Old 08-07-2006, 07:00 PM   #29
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Probably not now cause of Leopard, 8 Core Xeon by January & lack of Adobe native apps & HD DVD or BD writers.

So price-wise what do you think of the Mac Pro?
Ah I get ya now. Well its a very nice choice. Shit price wise its unbeatable but unlike most of the members here I like Apple products but I dont like their software though. Never know that new OSX might be nice but I wont get my hopes up. I rather just put Linux on it. BTW you went to the conference or something? I had plans on looking for a live feed but just didnt have the time today.

Indeed - a dumbass you are

I can't believe ellen had you looking all over for prices and such. That was a great way to waste your time :good:

I got all the time in the world man. Also looks wise I could care less since its a desktop and I all my desktops I have are always hidden away. No need to show off.

I see all the reasons - but they don't signify progress to me.

Macs are for sophistcated people, so why would a new case confuse? Or are they all, in fact, yuppies with an idealistic view that they are the person who has to own a mac? That it was designed for somebody so aware as them.

Some say Mac software is made for dumbass so to keep shit straight and simple they dont change the casing or else it might confuse hardcore mac users. Also I have had hands on experience with a Imac and they are badass but I just dont see why! I mean upgrading that would be near impossible or just hard. It does however save room.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:04 PM   #30
nthfinity
Regular User

this thread is useless unless you can superpi it below one minute for teh 4 m calculation