Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 02-01-2008, 03:42 PM   #1
LEXION
Regular User

Default Fast And Furious 4

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/categ...-4-2009-movie/

So it’s official. Vin Diesel and Paul Walker are definitely returning to the franchise that made them superstars in “The Fast and the Furious 4″, and the guys over at Movie Hole has some details about the upcoming movie. The setting this time around is Mexico, where Dom (Diesel’s character from the original) is still racing for the bad guys, and where Brian (Walker’s character, from the original and the first sequel) tracks him down. The entire scenario seems to be a reworking of the original plot, with the racers providing cover for the bad guy’s illegal activities, and undercover cop Brian trying to figure it out, etc. One expects a lot of cool cars, racing, and hot girls to get involved, as is the raison d’etre of the franchise.
http://www.moviehole.net/news/200711...4_plot_de.html

This is interesting news. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Vin Diesel and Paul Walker have decided that together they’re gold at the box office, but separately they’re, well, not so much gold, which may be why the dynamic duo are re-teaming for the fourth installment of the “Fast and Furious” franchise. Also according to the trade, Justin Lin and Chris Morgan are also returning as director and writer, respectively, having previously helmed the previous installment, “Tokyo Drift”. This kinda confirmation (THR says the acting duo are in negotiations to return) would seem to indicate that the Powers That Be are fast-tracking “Furious 4″ to beat the strike.

More:

Neal Moritz will produce the as-yet-untitled installment along with Diesel, who will produce through his One Race Films banner.

The story line is being kept under wraps, but fast cars are involved. A spring start is anticipated with shooting in Los Angeles, Mexico and the Dominican Republic.

The first “Furious,” released in 2001, was a surprise hit, grossing more than $144 million and creating a franchise for the studio while making stars our of Diesel and Walker. Only Walker returned for the sequel, “2 Fast 2 Furious,” and sat out the third installment, 2005’s “Tokyo Drift.” That movie had relative newcomer Lucas Black in the driver’s seat but did feature Diesel in a cameo at the end of the movie. His appearance was so well received that it was even mentioned in ads.
I guess no one is surprised that Vin Diesel is returning to the series. He did make a cameo at the end of part three, after all, and why would he do that if he wasn’t already willing to come back? Walker, on the other hand — well, Walker is a piece of drift wood. You can put anyone in his place and you wouldn’t actually have any drop in acting talent.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1013752/board

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
LEXION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
5vz-fe
Regular User

Let's be honest, they both are bad actors. Vin only have 1 character, Paul......well...has none.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:39 AM   #3
fadz90
Regular User

anyone knows what type of cars are there going to be in the movie?
fadz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:55 AM   #4
HeilSvenska
Regular User

^A Ford Mustang with Saleen parts for one. (not a Saleen, though)

And apparently YOUR CAR TOO!
http://blog.cardomain.com/blog/2008/...-your-car.html
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:52 AM   #5
xbeakerx
Regular User

it sounds like the first movie but in mexico...stupid...
xbeakerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:52 PM   #6
graywolf624
Regular User

Hasn't the rice caught fire yet... I mean dont weed wackers overheat over time or something...

Oh wait.. those are cars.. I finally get it.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:13 PM   #7
79TA
Regular User

I can only hope that this movie doesn't further degrade the taste of the American public like the first two did. "Ricers" really weren't a common problem before 2001. At least that's how it is in my neighborhood . . . which is about a mile away from the only Super Autobacs store (can you say ricer central?) in the US.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:16 PM   #8
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Ah, Super Autobacs. I can't believe they had guts to have their first/only store in that lot. No one goes there. Although I suppose its proximity to the ricer central in The OC™ helps. And yes, it's hideously overpriced.

If you're from The OC™ (or elsewhere), you'll find the quote extremely funny. (no spelling change made)

"Welcom to Super Autobacs USA in Stanton,California. Our knowledgeable and talented staff can assisit you in achieving your car lifestyle needs!"

I just noticed this.
Tires & Wheels
Car Audio & Video Entertainment
Maintenace
Inteior and Exterior Accessories
SUV/Light Truck Performance
High Performance Compact

Last edited by HeilSvenska; 02-05-2008 at 11:26 PM.
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:19 AM   #9
styla21
Regular User

I don't mind Vin's movies.. They're entertaining

But not looking forward to the unrealistic driving in car's that make yawn
Old 02-06-2008, 02:36 AM   #10
79TA
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
Ah, Super Autobacs. I can't believe they had guts to have their first/only store in that lot. No one goes there. Although I suppose its proximity to the ricer central in The OC™ helps. And yes, it's hideously overpriced.

If you're from The OC™ (or elsewhere), you'll find the quote extremely funny. (no spelling change made)

I just noticed this.

LOL, wow, it's worse than I thought! Good find.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:20 PM   #11
woodymcruk
Regular User

love ricers
woodymcruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:21 AM   #12
Mattk
Regular User

What I hated about the racing scenes in this franchise was the fact that all their cars seemed to have extra gears conveniently activated whenever they needed to pass someone.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:35 AM   #13
styla21
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk View Post
What I hated about the racing scenes in this franchise was the fact that all their cars seemed to have extra gears conveniently activated whenever they needed to pass someone.
Yeah, I can thank this movie for introducing me to my first Honda with 11 gears
Old 03-10-2008, 02:00 AM   #14
torrentjunkie
Regular User

i hope this one has as much storyline as it does cars and doesn't turn out like that disaster 2fast 2 furious, having said that i think that im just a bit more excited about the 2008 F1 season, the new regs and venues are making it quite appealing.
torrentjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:54 PM   #15
Pokiou
Regular User

well i hope they dont RICE the cars up majorly but go for the fast sleeper look.

and Paul Walker has made some good movies..

Skull
Into the Blue

Vin

Riddick! thats all i gotta say.. Awesome movie.
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote