Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 02-15-2008, 10:27 AM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default Just when you thought you woudn't wear Jedi Robes to the Theatre again...

Just when you thought you wouldn't be wearing your Jedi robes to a movie theater again comes the big news about Star Wars: The Clone Wars. A new era in Star Wars entertainment begins as the all new computer-generated adventures of Jedi and clone heroes debuts on the big screen before arriving on television. North American fans can circle August 15th as the day Star Wars returns to theaters in a brand new, feature-length animated style. Then, in the fall, the television series from Lucasfilm Animation will premiere on Cartoon Network, followed by airings on TNT. For more details about this new partnership and release, see the original announcement here .

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/623.html
Old 02-15-2008, 02:15 PM   #2
HeilSvenska
Regular User

This looks good too. At least this time they're not trying to make things look real. They need to bring back General Grievous in his totally awesome kickass form from the Clone Wars series.

And yes! No Hayden Christensen! He single handedly ruined the new trilogy.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:23 PM   #3
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
This looks good too. At least this time they're not trying to make things look real. They need to bring back General Grievous in his totally awesome kickass form from the Clone Wars series.

And yes! No Hayden Christensen! He single handedly ruined the new trilogy.
I think he was a bit too young when they got him...

not only that, but I think Lucas made the wrong Episode 2 .... it should've been "the clone wars" not "attack of the clones in the last 10 minutes of this movie"

Episode 3 was hurt with the over the top computer renders on the volcanic planet in that final fight...

the original starwars flopped in test audiences under Lucas' editing direction... and quickly hired somebody else to cut the film... which is now history... Episode V and VI were not directed by Lucas....

TBH, I don't think he is that good of a director... but a great 'story teller' ... perhaps the best of our time.

Additionally, when the actors have such little interaction with the environment around them... it is not easy to act as if 10,000 things that aren't around you are.... the kiss of death from 95% filmiing in a Green-Screen "chroma key" ...

What I don't like right now off of this film is Anikan's Padawan... maybe i'll be convinced when i see it...
Old 02-15-2008, 02:53 PM   #4
Minacious
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
TBH, I don't think he is that good of a director... but a great 'story teller' ... perhaps the best of our time.

I have been saying that for many years. Lucas is a terrible director, but has an amazing vision. He has even admitted it in not so many words.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:54 AM   #5
xbeakerx
Regular User

this is awesome... i'm a very big SW fan

i knew about the series but didnt know about the movie...
xbeakerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:04 PM   #6
silentm
Regular User

sounds interesting, like they aren't done yet milkin' the cow eh
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:27 PM   #7
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by silentm View Post
sounds interesting, like they aren't done yet milkin' the cow eh
Milking the cow, churning the butter, sour cream, kraft singles, cottage cheese, swiss chease, blue cheese, baby formula, fromage.... you get the idea
Old 02-21-2008, 11:07 AM   #8
silentm
Regular User

but hey i don't really mind as long as the movie doesn't suck ass like Episode 1
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #9
nthfinity
Regular User

but hey i don't really mind as long as the movie doesn't suck ass like Episode 1
The light-saber fight at the end of Episode 1 makes up for the lackluster episode 1,2,3's "suck assing"
Old 02-22-2008, 03:55 PM   #10
HeilSvenska
Regular User

The light-saber fight at the end of Episode 1 makes up for the lackluster episode 1,2,3's "suck assing"
Fo sho. I thought Episode I was the least offensive. Darth Maul kicked ass. Not very surprising if you knew that he was played by a Kung Fu fighting Scotsman.

Kinda off topic, here's a desk fit for a true hardcore Star Wars fan.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:00 PM   #11
silentm
Regular User

urgh that's kinda morbid don't know if i'd want that

The Top Gear Wikiquote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:04 PM   #12
nthfinity
Regular User

urgh that's kinda morbid don't know if i'd want that
but Han survived the carbon freezing process
Old 02-26-2008, 02:19 PM   #13
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
Fo sho. I thought Episode I was the least offensive. Darth Maul kicked ass. Not very surprising if you knew that he was played by a Kung Fu fighting Scotsman.

Kinda off topic, here's a desk fit for a true hardcore Star Wars fan.
Hehe - that is pretty cool - a usable Star Wars collectable
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:29 PM   #14
silentm
Regular User

but Han survived the carbon freezing process
true, but if you enjoy looking at a face of agony each and every day at work, i don't know... maybe somethings wrong with you then?

to me it's more like a piece of art, a sculpture that belongs in a museum, not a piece of furniture

The Top Gear Wikiquote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:35 PM   #15
HeilSvenska
Regular User

^It's a one off. If you're disturbed about the table, you could try something less crazy, like an R2-D2 beanie?