Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 07-29-2004, 08:22 AM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default July 28th: Maserati Quattroporte (at night) and Ferrari 512M

Tonight this sweet Quattroporte was parked almost beside my 320 I HAD to take some pics even if it was very dark (shutter set at 10 sec)! Enjoy!

CLICK for 1600x1200

As a bonus, the 512M in front of the dealership.. very strange light at that moment.. impossible to completely correct that with PS

Old 07-29-2004, 08:27 AM   #2
Anonymous

Nice pics, i'm suprised you got the night ones to come out at all though i know nothing about camera's they look a bit eerie to me And is that 512 outside the same dealership?- the guy in your building works at?
Old 07-29-2004, 09:09 AM   #3
dingo
Regular User

I'm a big fan of Maserati's, beautiful cars and that Quattroporte is no exception.
Damn it I think I have to move back to Switzerland, so many nice cars to see.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:40 AM   #4
TT
Regular User

Nice pics, i'm suprised you got the night ones to come out at all though i know nothing about camera's they look a bit eerie to me And is that 512 outside the same dealership?- the guy in your building works at?
Hehe, you just have to be patient and let the shutter open longer as long as there is at least some light, the picture won't be to bad
And yes, same dealership, the only Ferrari one in Lausanne.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:46 AM   #5
c0wb0y007
Regular User

If you want to shoot a nice not-blurry picture at night and you are going to adjust the shutter time the best thing you can do is using a tripod. It is (almost)impossible to hold your camera that still, not moving a muscle a extremely difficult and you already have the vibrations of your heart beat. Another thing that you can adjust as well is the iso figure. The higher that figure is the less light you need (light sensitivity), so if you are shooting photos on a very sunny day you can set it at 100 but during the night you can better set it at 300 or even higher.
The problem is that a regular lence of your camera or digi-cam can't collect enough light because it is too small and especially when you have to zoom in on your object.
However there are of course lences where you suffer that problem alot less, but those lences will set you back alot as well, lences of 2500€ - 7500€ and even more are no exeption here.
You can compare it with a very high quality stereo system connected to a pair of worn-out speakers.

So, I think it is a wise idea to test different settings of your camera and remember which settings suit you the best

Cheers
And I watch 'em roll away again
Sitting on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
I'm just sitting on the dock of the bay
Wasting time

http://www.emotionworkshop.org
http://www.stunningnikon.com/
http://www.nikon.co.uk
http://www.sportsshooter.com
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikond3/
c0wb0y007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 06:50 AM   #6
TT
Regular User

Are you talking to me LOL? Impossible to take such pictures at night of course w/o using a tripod like I did and as you can read in the first post, the shutter was set at 10 sec, can't remember the diaphragm. higher ISO result in grain pic, ence I let it at 50 even at night.. if I would set up the ISO at 400 or even only at 200 the quality would be terrible. no need to adjust it when you can let the shutter open for a long moment IMO.

Don't worry, I did many test sadly in my road ther is barely any light, and really very yellowish
Old 08-02-2004, 10:01 AM   #7
Anonymous

Originally Posted by TT
Are you talking to me LOL? Impossible to take such pictures at night of course w/o using a tripod like I did and as you can read in the first post, the shutter was set at 10 sec, can't remember the diaphragm. higher ISO result in grain pic, ence I let it at 50 even at night.. if I would set up the ISO at 400 or even only at 200 the quality would be terrible. no need to adjust it when you can let the shutter open for a long moment IMO.

Don't worry, I did many test sadly in my road ther is barely any light, and really very yellowish
LOL I'm not sure who he's talking to either and i understand less of what you guys said this time When i eventually invest in a digicam i think i'll be asking for advice
Old 08-02-2004, 01:40 PM   #8
Darkel
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
But when you haven't any tripod you must set up the ISO at 400 (or 200) and pray, my f*ing automatic settings are always ISO50
I think I'll buy a tripod for my Dimage Xt, no other solution
Darkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 01:47 PM   #9
jorge
Regular User

Thanks for the pics.
Especially the F512M one, its very nice!
jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 02:09 PM   #10
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by Darkel
Originally Posted by TT
But when you haven't any tripod you must set up the ISO at 400 (or 200) and pray, my f*ing automatic settings are always ISO50
I think I'll buy a tripod for my Dimage Xt, no other solution
Hehe yep, but much better to invest some 15 or 20 € in a simple tripod IMO