Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 01-01-2004, 09:01 AM   #46
chernobyl
Regular User

The Enzo is alright. Its the best car i have raced in it anyways, but its very tail happy and like an over powered go kart [makes sense i guess] but theres no TC on it so you will whellspin like mad.

The best car is certainly the Speed 12 but since you need all platinum to unlock it or a mate with a memory card who has done that already then you dont have much chance in getting it. Platinum cone challenges....no thanks.

Most people who have played the game for a while seem to race wither the GT1 or the CLK and seem to have developed a snobbery about the Enzo being bollox but i am able to give them a good race and can even win against some racers who literally have no life. I mean, rank 33 in Xbox live and i was winning on the the ring against them....well until i fucked up about 25 corners from home haha 25 is more than most tracks altogether.

I was almost put totally of live on my first night. I joined a PGR2 game which was full of americans. A guy who sounded like 14 goes to me: "your not from america" so i respond "no shit sherlock" and this is just priceless...he then says "so what part of canada are you from?"
Luckily i have a little buddy list now, mostly scottish boys who seem to have a little more education or intelligence than that

The brits/scots whatever are a good laugh, although i think some take the racing way way to serious but thats how you get better i suppose.
chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 01:35 PM   #47
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by DR.GONZO
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by DR.GONZO
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
I did create the RKK.
what's the RKK Rice Killing Kommunity, lol
Ricer Killers Klub.
Hey check out the sig, does it work! What kinda rice killa you have anyhow??
Welcome to the Klub. Speaking of the Klub I got to update the RKK thread.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 07:03 PM   #48
asthenia
Regular User

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about the Nurburgring. It's the only reason I wanted to get the game, and I played for three days to unlock it (no Live yet).

The physics are the best I've seen in any game so far -- not perfect, but much more simulation than arcade -- and the car selection is great. If you've got a big screen and 5.1 sound, certain cars sound very realistic.

But the Nurburgring is the big draw. I've done about a dozen laps of it so far in different cars to try and get a feel for it, and I got an 8:16 in an NSX-R (trying to beat that Best Motoring guy who did it in 7:56...no dice yet.)

I don't do video games, but I love this one.
asthenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 08:05 PM   #49
blah
Regular User

How did you unlock it Asthenia?
Old 01-02-2004, 08:09 PM   #50
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
How did you unlock it Asthenia?
You got to finish the final race in the Ultimate Class.
Old 01-02-2004, 09:07 PM   #51
blah
Regular User

damn i just finished american muscle.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:06 PM   #52
gis
Regular User

you just finished american nuscle............tell me,was it just me or was that series the most boring one on the game,was to me

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 10:41 PM   #53
blah
Regular User

It was extremely boring im just about to finish Supercar series, im using a Z06 Corvette black, it is raping everything but the viper, i was out infron of the viper for about 1/4 of a long straight, and the damn thing flew past me and cut me off, damn V-10s.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:15 PM   #54
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
you just finished american nuscle............tell me,was it just me or was that series the most boring one on the game,was to me
I could not stand it. I raced the Stang GT in it, and that thing just would not turn....It was the worst of the bunch.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:20 PM   #55
gis
Regular User

i used the older mustang and it just pissed me off,then i bought the new mustang and just sort of.......juddered around all the tracks,just wishing it would end soon

Old 01-02-2004, 11:21 PM   #56
blah
Regular User

I didnt like the pacific muscle at all either though it sucked ass. But i really enjoyed supercar, im on the next level, I have a 575 Maranello in black.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:41 PM   #57
gis
Regular User

pacific muscle was ok,i liked it,it was a lot more fun if u used a better car.i used 2 cars in the whole thing,the skyline and the WRX STI,those 2 cars got me gold in every race.

Old 01-03-2004, 12:06 AM   #58
blah
Regular User

I used the skyline through out the hole thing, Right now im on Grand Toruning the hotlap of red sqaure god damn this series never ends. BTW the only grievance i have about the game is the sound of the Ferraris V-12s, especially the Maranello, if youve seen bad boys 2 then you know what sound im talking about. Its more of a faint noise in the game, but in real life its a beast of a sound.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:32 AM   #59
Leo_M3
Regular User

Wait till GT4 comes out.

Me personaly, since I cant legaly drive, I prefer pure sims.
Gives me a bit of insight on skidding cars and playing with the physics of nature.

And yes I do agree, it is like shooting yourself in the foot by not having the most exotic Italian marques.

The Straightest Six.
Leo_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 08:50 AM   #60
gis
Regular User

LEO_M3 - GT4 is completely different game to PGR2,but u cant deny that PGR2 is fun,coz it is,and once u get the nurburgring,its a shit load more fun.

blah - i know what u mean about the ferrari V12,dont really sound ferrari do they,but got to admit,the 355 and 360 CS sound nice.i dont really know which series i found the best to do,maybe the track cars one,due to the 360 and the GT3,which has been everyone elses favourite series?