Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 09-21-2005, 04:11 PM   #1
1zippo1
Regular User

Default Replacement car - Opel Corsa 1.3CDTi

So, no supercar topic this time. As I allready told in another topic, my dads Opel Omega is pretty fucked up so he's driving around in this little Opel Corsa. He got it with just 4km on the clock so it's brand new. I've just taken it for a drive tonight and I had to say something about it.

It amazed me just how good that little (Fiat) engine is. If you said you had a 1.3 diesel a couple years back people would have laughed out loud. It would have had something like 45hp. The new common rail, turbocharged engine has got 70hp and 180NM of torque. That's not much, just 1 hp more then my moms Yaris but it's a completly different experience. For a person like my mom who doesn't want to rev the engine, a diesel like this one is great. It gives reasonable acceleration in those circomstances. The engine pulls strongly from 1700rpm till about 3500rpm. The redline only comes up at 5000rpm (pretty high for a diesel) but the last rpm's are completly useless.

The rest of the car is also pretty decent, it doesn't roll as much as the Yaris. The room in the back isn't really bad, but not as good as in the yaris. The steering feel sucks, even a bit dangerous IMO. I wasn't paying attention when I let the weel come back out of a sharp curve and trusted on my fingertips to feel when the front wheels would be straight but because I couldn't feel it, I turned too far.

The Yaris is definitly more fun (free revving engine, good steering feedback) but the corsa isn't a bad car but I do hope the Audi A6 will arrive quickly.

1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote