Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-13-2005, 12:02 AM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default Baseball All star game

American league won over the National league 7-5 with 11 hits apiece in 9 innings of play at the hometown ball-park in Detroit... which definately has the best skyline city view of any park out there. it was rather entertaining for most of the innings with some killer pitching at various points... but IMO, there were far too many Pitchers played (i think close to 9 for each team)

for those who wonder, the winner of the All-star game gets home field advantage in the World series in the fall.

this game has been touted as the new generation of all-stars after steroids, which is largely true; however, baseball 'needed' those big-hitters of the last few years to get the game closer to where it was once with its fans.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:30 AM   #2
Robbo
Regular User

That's good new for me I guess considering I go for Boston if they can keep up there. I didn't get to watch the game this year I normally watch it but I guess I just forgot ops: , I watched the home run derby, Bobby Abreau was going off! It was nice the Tejada won MVP after he gave his spot to Ortiz in the HR Derby 8) .
Robbo is offline   Reply With Quote