Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 05-30-2007, 12:41 AM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default Weight Loosers Official JW thread

I think there are a few of us who are not feeling very fit, or as active as we once were. I'm starting this thread to help us encourage each other, give pointers along the way etc.

----------------------------------
1.6 KM ~ 1 mile
1 KG ~ 2.2 lbs.

Day 1. 276 lbs.
Normal day.... just eating less, and a few more fruits. Late in the day I start the exersize thing a few crunches, and pushups. Definately not a good workout.

Once the sun sets, I set off for a 1.5 mile jog. God, I'm out of shape... but not the worst I've been, thankfully. It's a nice night.

I think I still need to cut some more carbs out of the diet, but other then that, I think its pretty healthy, with a start of a bowl of Total cereal, some brats' for lunch, and a sub for dinner, and fruit in between.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:49 AM   #2
Pokiou
Regular User

Yea count me in.. i need all the motivation i can use

Pok
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 02:41 PM   #3
silentm
Regular User

good luck to all the doods trying to loose weight.

i'm down to ~70kg @ ~1.87m which is 154 pounds @ 6.1 ft

i need to eat more and gain some muscle which is my main concern... gotta try looking good for the ladies
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:26 PM   #4
M4tt83
Regular User

Originally Posted by silentm
good luck to all the doods trying to loose weight.

i'm down to ~70kg @ ~1.87m which is 154 pounds @ 6.1 ft

i need to eat more and gain some muscle which is my main concern... gotta try looking good for the ladies
I'm in the same situation (141 - 144 lbs @ ~6 ft). I don't tend to come across ladies that I'd like to impress because of my current lifestyle, but I'd still like to feel good about myself.

Anyway, I hope you all manage to achieve the weight and look you are aiming for.
M4tt83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:40 PM   #5
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Go running.

Eat big lunches instead of a big dinner.

Snort tons of cocaine. Go running.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:50 PM   #6
nthfinity
Regular User

Day 2
Weigh in: 272.5 lbs

Today consisted of another 1.5 +- mile jog. My legs aren't up to snuff yet, so its hurting more and more. Thankfully, I know that it takes only 5 weeks to be able to do a full 3 mile run, not jog... god, I hate the first part

I'm putting the weights together as we speak. My right elbow seems a little fragile right now, but still usable.

Food was similar to yesterday, but instead consisted of a bowl of Total, an apple, and 2 burgers for a late lunch. I'm not hungery now, so I think thats the schedule I'll aim for... Orange Juice, Milk, and H20 to drink.

What's my goal? Be able to bench 200, and run a sub 7 minute mile, and hold off around 185 lbs. Small things, sure... but good.

BTW, I'm 6'2" and a fair build already... just too much beer gut from years of drinking.... (reminds me of something else, for now, I'm cutting out all alchoholic intake... not sure how long i'll be doing this, but it turns into sugar = calories = fat)
Old 05-30-2007, 08:56 PM   #7
sameerrao
Regular User

Cut the burgers and hot dogs. All the good work you are doing at breakfast is being neutered by your lunch. Drink lots of water.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:58 PM   #8
nthfinity
Regular User

According to my nutritionist, i'm balencing it out decent quite well, but today was better carbs... but ultimately, one less burger (BTW, these are home cooked burgers, not mcdonalds... totally uncomparable)

before anybdoy yonks on me for having a nutritionist, she's been a long time friend... too bad she moved to Cali
Old 05-30-2007, 09:00 PM   #9
Pokiou
Regular User

Well im engaged and i want to look good for my fiance and wedding night which is still awhile away but still thats no excuse for being unhealthy.

I recon we should keep a journal. and Post it up.. i might make my own site and host it with my Daily activities.

any1 else up for this also ?? just so we can kinda show each other what we are doing ?

Pok
Old 05-30-2007, 09:17 PM   #10
nthfinity
Regular User

Maybe have dualing topics? or are youtinking of Poksweightloss.com +RSS feeds deal?

Honestly, i'm just kinda journaling this.... one thing I'm actually showing is that you don't have to cut out things you love to eat to lose weight... regular exersize will change your motabilism.. and before long, you'll just keep on doing that regular exersize because you enjoy it... running 3-5 days a week, doing some kind of workout.. maybe eventually even doing a workout with some girlfriend or something.

I know I can do it just by the way I am doing it because I've done it before this way with quick results. 25-35 lbs per month is kinda what I expect to lose... and in 5 weeks, I'll have leg-lifter's calves because running with 250 lbs each step isn't so easy
Old 05-30-2007, 09:46 PM   #11
Pokiou
Regular User

LOL well iw asnt thinking of www.pokiouisfat.com or something but something along the lines.. I mean i can host it of you all want.

a section that has your work out my work and any1 else that is willing to do it ??

i started writting mine out now and gonna put it up soon

I can host some images also.

Pok

OK.. i posted it

http://users.tpg.com.au/pokiou/index.html
Old 05-30-2007, 11:47 PM   #12
Pokiou
Regular User

Hey bmw,

Yup, sure am. I'm eating wholemeal bread only and light white cheese and steamed rice and lots of broccoli(steamed or boiled). I have a bag of Satl and Vinegar Chips.. thats something i cant stop but i thought if im working out i guess thats one thing i can eat and still work out.

Pok
Old 05-31-2007, 12:10 AM   #13
666fast
Regular User

It was pretty easy for me to lose wieght. I packed a bit on while out of work.

My routine:

Eat half of what I'd normally eat. Leave yourself wanting just a bit more after each meal. Most people get fat because they enjoy their food and eat well beyond the satisfied or full feeling.

Cut out the garbage. All of it. No candy, no pop/soda, do not go out to eat. Just about every restaraunt on earth will serve far more than you need. If you do go out to eat, at the very least go to an actual restaraunt and not a fast food joint. DO NOT EAT FAST FOOD!!!

I didn't excersize (I get enough at work, very labor intensive) but if you spend most of your time at work/school on your butt you'll want to excersize. Not much, a 30 minute bike ride will be enough. A tip on bike riding, go at a steady speed for 5 minutes then have a sudden burst and pedal hard for 3 minutes. You'll burn fat faster than going at a steady speed without getting tired.

I lost about 30lbs in just over a month with very little effort.

After my mother had her heart attack, she was given a little book that gives out the nutritional value for most restaraunts (as well as regular foods you'd cook yourself)
If you want me to look something up, just ask, it might be in there.

Nth, find a good quality butcher shop near you and buy beef from them. Make sure to get lean beef. The difference is amazing. You'll see what I'm talking about when you cook it. The grease left in the pan is damn near nonexistant. Once you see it, you won't buy it from a regular grocery store again. It's at the most, maybe $.50 more per pound than the stuff you'd buy at a big grocery store.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:38 AM   #14
Pokiou
Regular User

good work !
Old 05-31-2007, 10:09 AM   #15
evoWalo
Regular User

i'm buying rubbershoes tomorrow.