Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 05-31-2007, 06:36 PM   #16
Pokiou
Regular User

Ok i updated my link.. gimme some imput.

http://users.tpg.com.au/pokiou/index.html
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:15 AM   #17
nthfinity
Regular User

Day 3
weigh in: 271 lbs

Food was similar to yesterday... but i ran out of fruit already. Dinner consisted of going out for dinner for a business meeting at BW3's... perhaps not the worst food to have, but in moderation = fine... Pok, I feel you... I was itching for a beer... maybe 2 the whole time... instead, just water and lemonade. Overall, less food intake I think...

Exersize... after those first 2 days of running, my legs are killing me... and it's a Softball night playing a very active outfield position (always running)... so it was ok to not do the full 1.5 mile jog... but even in the game, i could hardly even sprint... if i was fit, i could've turned one into a tripple... Not much in the wieghts catagorie, maybe tomarrow... damn, did I ever say how much I hate running?

But hey, who can complain about 3 days and 5 lbs while still eating what some are calling "unhealthy" 8)
Old 06-01-2007, 12:40 PM   #18
oscargarza88
Regular User

ok, im in this too...
I have been tryin to keep a work routine but i haven been able to due to finals and i had my apendix removed so i coudnt do any hard work for about a month...
that month is not over and i plan on running 2 miles every day... it is kinda tough but i have done it before... every morning, first thing in the morning...
Food diet... well just trying to eat healthy... no sugars, no junk food... healthy stuff...
I weigh 96.4 kilos which is somewhere around 190... i am 6.0ft
and i want to be at at least 85kg...
i will post my progress if any...

nice idea bout starting this thread..
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:43 PM   #19
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by phatbimmer
Originally Posted by Pokiou
Ok i updated my link.. gimme some imput.

http://users.tpg.com.au/pokiou/index.html
Pokiou u can't do pushups on your knees
hop on out of here, troll
Old 06-01-2007, 03:05 PM   #20
ferrari550
Regular User

To some of you this may sound stupid, but believe me it works!

1.)Eat 5 to 6 small meals a day containing protein, vegtables, limit carbs as much as possible(and only eat whole wheat carbs) and fruit as snacks. By doing this you are never overly full, but it keeps your metabolism constantly burning food. By only eating 1 or 2 meals a day will not work.

2.)you must exercise to lose weight, you may lose some starting off just by eating right but that will soon stop. You must also put in an hour of cardio 4-5 days a week to accelerate your weight loss. And also weight lifting will also increase metabolism hugely so it is a great help.

3.) Drink a SHITLOAD of water. Drink basically as much as you can drink. not juice or diet anything, just water. Drinks with sugar are a big killer. Also whenever you feel a bit hungry, drink more water.

4.) try and limit the amount of alcohol on weekends, you can do great all week with a diet and exercise but ruin it all on the weekend.

Try doing this for a few weeks, i promise that there will be a noticeable difference.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:12 AM   #21
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Oh I forgot to mention probably the funnest way to shed the pounds and easily loose some waist sizes in just one day.

2 words: Shifter Kart.

Put on a Sparco suit and hop in a Shifter kart during summer track days and you will shed atleast 1 waist size each day.

Forget buying that treadmill
Old 06-05-2007, 10:37 AM   #22
nthfinity
Regular User

For Friday, more of the same essentially, with th exception I ran further between "slow downs" and did full out running before doing those "slow downs"

Over the weekend, no real exersize, and I'll begin again today. Weights are a real pain... remember Isaac, remember... just 4 more weeks of the pain-in-the ass of it all!

Weigh in at a steady 271... I haven't lost any... but I think it's more muscle being created... pants are already feeling a little looser
Old 06-05-2007, 11:56 AM   #23
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
Oh I forgot to mention probably the funnest way to shed the pounds and easily loose some waist sizes in just one day.

2 words: Shifter Kart.

Put on a Sparco suit and hop in a Shifter kart during summer track days and you will shed atleast 1 waist size each day.

Forget buying that treadmill
I am intrigued by this proposal.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:23 PM   #24
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

It's a full body work out, and in the summer heat, you'll lose water weight quick. Keep it up and the 3.5G's of force will have your body cut in no time. At the end of the session when I would put my jeans back on, they were always looser than in the morning.

It helped me loose the little blubber I gained the previous summer pigging out like a king when I was visiting in Guam.

By far the most entertaining form of exercise.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:07 PM   #25
Shinigami
Regular User

I weigh about 75kilos. I think my shirts are beginning to feel a bit tighter then they were a few months ago before I started going to the gym three times a week for some intensive weight ligfting.

Not at the waist area, but more at the chest area

Too bad the hotels I'm in don't always have the right kind of rig in the gym to do the lifting I need.

The current one is a really nice hotel, but the gym is just full of machines, not bars. I need bars with several kilos of weights on each end to do bench presses and squats =(
Old 06-05-2007, 01:20 PM   #26
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

In less than 2 months I gained 5-10lbs of muscle by eating well and working out with 2, 20lb barbells and a pull up bar, as well as various push ups (declining and regular).

Atleast half of my shirts have "shrunk" around the sleeves and chest areas. You do not need to go to a gym to get big.