Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 04-24-2008, 09:13 PM   #16
astrastar
Regular User

Wink boyd codington hotroddin not a bad show really

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post

02-27-08: Famous hot-rod builder and designer Boyd Coddington died this morning of undisclosed causes at 63.
Most recently known in enthusiast circles from his involvement in the hit cable TV series, American Hot Rod, Boyd has come into our living rooms with his creativity and innovative team leading persona. Obituaries around the net tell that he grew up in rural Idaho and moved to Southern California.
His creations in the rod world include several well known customs that include works for ZZ-Top. He won several awards for cars such as the Boydster, Smoothster, Alumacoupe and Chezoom. He also dabbled in the Mustang realm in 2003 with the Boyd Codington / Roush California Roadster. The customized Mustang built by Roush and designed in part with Coddington featured a unique two tone pain scheme that later became very popular in Mustang custom circles, as well as distinctive Boyd Coddington designed wheels.
His line of wheels were a large part of his legacy. The unique billet and cast wheels have been a significant part of the aftermarket custom business since the early 1990’s. We shall all miss his innovative style, his creations, and his influence on the custom car world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Boyd Coddington, the hot-rod innovator whose creations won the coveted Grand National Roadster Show's America's Most Beautiful Roadster (AMBR) trophy a record six times, died Wednesday morning of undisclosed causes. He was 63.

Coddington was raised in rural Idaho but moved to Southern California as soon as he could to pursue his dream of building hot rods. He quickly earned a reputation for subtle, stylistic innovations on what had been an almost overdone theme--the '32 Ford roadster. That branched out to '33s, '34s and then all manner of surprising twists on iconic themes. Names such as Boydster, Smoothster, Alumacoupe and Chezoom redefined what a rod could be.

His wheels were equally well known, particularly those shaved from billet aluminum. He soon earned the nickname "Billet Boyd" for his techniques machining aluminum.

One of his best qualities was his ability to gather talented partners to produce his many fine creations.

-----------

http://www.boydcoddington.com/store/Albums/Default.aspx

This man will be sorely missed in the automotive enthusiast world

RIP Boyd, and best wishes for his family and closest friends.
can i ask you when ever in the show did boyd pay any part in hands on in hotroddin these cars, ive never seen him and wot hid did do in the show i,e he f#+c~+ up his own best crew pissed off to his arch enemy chick fuse .even the one he let live with him for 2 years " charlie "dont get me wrong wot a great show but that bald headed tw@t forgot his name is it dwain he had as second in command did nothing but arse kiss throughout the series.he put more people unemployed than margerett thatcher. no wonder all the best crew he had, ""deserted him"so wot the guy with the long jaw smirk looked as tho he was burnt with the welder look , designed a few alloy wheels for chuck fuse as long as he did it in his own time ,.but no dwain had to tell the boss"""""grassssssss""""" didn't he wot a [email protected] he must of contributed to boyds death with all that stress he put on him .would anybody stoop that low to loose all those tallented freinds,for a bit of tv. .r.i.p to boyd and freinds and family .but wheres that tw@t dwain doin now,probably with boyds young wife more arse licking , he wants his head f-in head kicked in.respect to you all ,but needed to air my opinion .
to see what kind of amazing work Boyd did for the auto scene, check out his site
astrastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:40 AM   #17
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by astrastar View Post
can i ask you when ever in the show did boyd pay any part in hands on in hotroddin these cars, ive never seen him and wot hid did do in the show i,e he f#+c~+ up his own best crew pissed off to his arch enemy chick fuse .even the one he let live with him for 2 years " charlie "dont get me wrong wot a great show but that bald headed tw@t forgot his name is it dwain he had as second in command did nothing but arse kiss throughout the series.he put more people unemployed than margerett thatcher. no wonder all the best crew he had, ""deserted him"so wot the guy with the long jaw smirk looked as tho he was burnt with the welder look , designed a few alloy wheels for chuck fuse as long as he did it in his own time ,.but no dwain had to tell the boss"""""grassssssss""""" didn't he wot a [email protected] he must of contributed to boyds death with all that stress he put on him .would anybody stoop that low to loose all those tallented freinds,for a bit of tv. .r.i.p to boyd and freinds and family .but wheres that tw@t dwain doin now,probably with boyds young wife more arse licking , he wants his head f-in head kicked in.respect to you all ,but needed to air my opinion .
to see what kind of amazing work Boyd did for the auto scene, check out his site
Holy crap - trying to read this gave me a headache - the likes of which I had not experienced since the last time I stabbed acid-dipped hot pokers into my eyes.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #18
79TA
Regular User

wow . . . I watched the show some and the people he fired really did earn their unemployment. I found his employees quite frightening . . . like when they used that harbor freight kit to plug the hole in one of the engine blocks . . .
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote