Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 09-05-2003, 04:04 PM   #31
Jabba
Regular User

I think you can get used to it...as you can with anything...(even sex)...I find it retains its excitement if not used daily....and especially if you have a much slower car as your daily driver....
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 05:18 PM   #32
AlienDB7
Regular User

Originally Posted by stradale
Who does understand this or can explain why he chose the SL55 over the F355? After all, he claimed he would never sell the F355.
He mentioned why he chose the SL55 AMG over the ferrari in that SL55 review from 2002 series of top gear. Can't remember exactly what he said but it's something along the line of having a more relaxed ride after a "hard day" at work. I can understand why, after driving all the supercars during the day, he probably wants something different.
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 05:38 PM   #33
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Who said he sold it? I dont think he sold it. He just got a amg. I'm sure he got the cash.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 06:30 PM   #34
mendocino
Regular User

As he said, he sold a 355 to buy the sl55 amg, and by the way, I think he had got a point doing that. He's well... getting older and wizer, so the 355 is a little too much rough and on fire for him. He want a well build car, confy, electricly convertible ,low noise and still powerfull. I'm sure he did a good choice.

Now I know everyone of you will shout and tell that the 355 is better looking, it's a ferrari and that the sl55amg is a 'gay' car. giving me the choice, I'll take the 355, but I know if I were in my 50 years I would take the sl55amg, anytime. plus, I'm not sure I would take a 355 for everyday use even now... I think the sl55 is really easier to live with.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:25 PM   #35
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by mendocino
As he said, he sold a 355 to buy the sl55 amg, and by the way, I think he had got a point doing that. He's well... getting older and wizer, so the 355 is a little too much rough and on fire for him. He want a well build car, confy, electricly convertible ,low noise and still powerfull. I'm sure he did a good choice.

Now I know everyone of you will shout and tell that the 355 is better looking, it's a ferrari and that the sl55amg is a 'gay' car. giving me the choice, I'll take the 355, but I know if I were in my 50 years I would take the sl55amg, anytime. plus, I'm not sure I would take a 355 for everyday use even now... I think the sl55 is really easier to live with.
I paratialy agree. I dont know what Ill be like in 40+ years, but I still would not sell a 355. People will read about 355's, there will be books on them. They are going to be expensive as hell in 40 years(if we'll still have petrol in 40 years). I would not have a 355 or any exotic as my daily driver, but I would not sell one to get luxury. I'd ad a car to my list, but not sell one(like a 355) to get a new one. Just my thought. I hope Ill have the balls to drive a 355 around when I'm 80.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 03:22 AM   #36
Chingachgook
Regular User

When I'll be 50 years old I'll still prefere a F355! If he wnats something different after driving all day long supercars, he could buy....a Jaguar S-Type R! It's confy, low noise and even less powerful but it's also more sporty
Old 09-06-2003, 03:41 AM   #37
Imre

At leats today paddel shift a worse than manual gearbox,but padde/s is getting better and better and about 5 years time it`s much quicker than manual,but even then I would choose manual because I like to do it old fashionly.