Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari > Ferrari Pictures and Videos

Old 11-20-2006, 04:45 PM   #16
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by ae86_16v
How ironic, the BMW is red and the Ferrari is black.

Wait, so was the M6 set at only P400?
Looks like it?
Old 11-20-2006, 04:57 PM   #17
fsandys
Regular User

Originally Posted by TopGearNL
Originally Posted by ae86_16v
How ironic, the BMW is red and the Ferrari is black.

Wait, so was the M6 set at only P400?
Looks like it?
The first run was P400 then the second run it keeps up a little better, that is after the switch to 500.
fsandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:00 PM   #18
fsandys
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
Originally Posted by fsandys

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
Originally Posted by LEXION
The F430 is a way better car than all its competitors, looks better, faster, sexxyer, expensier, exclusive....
Yeah, apart from the Gallardo, right?

:roll:
No! :roll:
Why? The 430 is no faster than a Gallardo, nor is it more exclusive, sexiness is down to each person, they are in the same price range....
Right, got it in one, personal preference, plus those are not the only criteria for choosing between them.

I love the Gallardo but would never choose it over the F430. Just like 'thepest' said above that he'd take the M6 over the F430, his personal choice, even if I can't personally understand it!
Old 11-20-2006, 05:02 PM   #19
RC45
Regular User

Thats pretty much what it looks like when I line up with an M6... I have the same 485bhp light weight - the F430 is close to 490bhp and is lighter.. what more do you need ?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:11 PM   #20
ViperASR
Regular User

Originally Posted by Shinigami
Originally Posted by bmw06m6
You can never trust the quality of either driver, a lot of people cannot properly drive the M5 or M6. Not an excuse but it isn't an easy car to drive for those that don't know how to use an SMG.
Bullcrap. SMG is super simple drive, and you can set it on automatic as well. No excuse.
glad I'm not the only one who called BS

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:22 PM   #21
Shinigami
Regular User

Nahh, it possibly can't do that... the M5/M6 is even able to beat a Gallardo... :roll:

? Was this sarcasm? - if so
We already had this discussion where an M6 supposedly beat many other cars including the Gallardo.

In all honestly, the M6 is not that fast. 1/4 speeds are good, but there's cars with over a hundred hp less that do it just as fast.

Besides, SMG is "not" difficult to drive. Flicking a pedal on an F1 style automatic clutch gearbox is just that, flicking it and off it goes changing the gear. It's much harder to time it well on an automatic gearbox since the autobox needs to find the right timing to be able to do such a change.

I think, seeing as I've now had the change to experience a few vehicles, including an M5 last weekend and a 360 with an F1 box in the summer, I might just be able to speak about it a little bit. The M5 (or even an M3 which I drove earlier on) is just about the same thing. Smoother then the Ferrari F1 box, but still essentially the same thing in that it changes gears pretty much instantly, no matter what rpm you're in.

Whoever says that "the M6 lost because the driver didn't know how to change the gear on the SMG gearbox" is just a BMW fan trying to play down the reason why the M didn't win. C'mon, I like MB's, yet I'm able to differentiate what they can, and can't do. How many of the BMW fans here have actually driven most of the higher end models in the first place? Liking one car and being completely utterly a mad raving lunatic about them is another thing...

In comparison, an automatic gearbox in a car like my SLK, or in an E63, requires being in a certain powerband with the right amount of pedal travel for the gear changes to be near instantaneous.

It's just my personal experience, but I have to side with RC on one discussion, that BMW, whilst good cars in their own right, are NOT the be it all, end it all, "as fast as a top end Italian sports car". No, sorry, BMW's are unfortunately begin a bit bloaty with their latest models.

Just my personal opinion of course, and one can disagree...

(I still wouldn't mind having one, of course... weight is not such a big problem for me when choosing cars. Granted, it helps, but 99% of my driving does not involve powerdrifting into corners and being able to flick the backend at will while gracefully landing the car with precise control through the apex of a curve)
Old 11-20-2006, 05:34 PM   #22
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Yea but can the F430 carry you, your wife and 2 midgets, WITH luggage?
Old 11-20-2006, 05:59 PM   #23
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
Yea but can the F430 carry you, your wife and 2 midgets, WITH luggage?
How many people have a rewuirement to carry 1 let alone 2 midgets. And that trunk really has no space
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:15 PM   #24
fsandys
Regular User

Nahh, it possibly can't do that... the M5/M6 is even able to beat a Gallardo... :roll:

? Was this sarcasm? - if so
We already had this discussion where an M6 supposedly beat many other cars including the Gallardo.....

....post to big to quote without annoying everyone!....
I won't quote your whole article, but, I pretty much agree.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:07 AM   #25
Just_me
Regular User

i was there when this film were taken, other exotics where there as well. This F430 got beaten by a new Z06 and 996 GT2

the F430 had the F1 gearbox but was still beaten by a Z06 and GT2.