Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 01-21-2004, 10:57 AM   #16
zevolv
Regular User

Although I hate the H2 and everything they represent (soccer moms and trophy wives) I thought what they did to it was pretty awesome.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:02 AM   #17
fishfreek
Regular User

I have no problem with trophy wives

Free Photo Hosting
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 11:05 AM   #18
zevolv
Regular User

It's not that they aren't hot but all the ones that I know let the money go to there head and they barely ever talk to their own kids
Old 01-21-2004, 11:11 AM   #19
fishfreek
Regular User

Women talk to much anyways.

Yes I understand your point.

Did anyone check out the preview of next weeks show? WHOO. How bout them matchbox cars for adults.

Free Photo Hosting
Old 01-21-2004, 11:43 AM   #20
zevolv
Regular User

yeah Foose was on the original Rides a year ago making a sweet ass Thunderbird for SEMA and they showed his twin engine Hot Wheels car and some of his other hot Wheels cars
Old 01-21-2004, 11:56 AM   #21
fishfreek
Regular User

AH. SO thats where Foose comes in. I know people kept asking each week if this was the show with Foose in it and I was lost. Do you happen to have that show? Maybe it was the pilot episode they stuck out there last year to see if there would be interest in a full fledged series.

Free Photo Hosting
Old 01-21-2004, 01:48 PM   #22
graywolf624
Regular User

"Rice? No that wasnt rice, if you think that was rice you are way off, customization like that has been around longer than these rice rockets. Rice is a 3 foot wing, stickers, a fart can exhaust, body kit, lowered, Type R Badge, and other things. Those are just customizations. My favorite was the 760."

Your definition of rice and mine are different. What you said I define as a tacky type of rice.
When you spend the price of a hummer to change the wheels/color/ fog the tail lights/ and add bits of chrome you are ricing up the car.
Anytime you try to make a car look like something it isn't or spend way more on a part that decreases the performance of the vehicle in favor of look. I define that as rice.

And the athletes are where the trends for this crap come from. You did notice they all put special badges on their cars. I saw one thing done for performance the whole show. Everything else was just adding weight.

Thats just my opinion. If it were just stereos inside Id be cool, but 30000 dollar wheels that are too big for the car? 24" rims on a hummer (especially when you don't add to rotors) Those are bad ideas for perofrmance sake as well. Adding chrome bits everywhere is same thing to me.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 02:25 AM   #23
geekdiggy
Regular User

man i think those guys need to find something better to do with their money. it's like every black celebrity has an h2 or whatever's the newest off-roader and they throw it to shit with huge rims and ICE thinking they're original. this is what makes rappers and NBA/NFL stars suck

SOMEONE FIRE JASON PRIESTLY

hard to hit in only three tries.
geekdiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 03:29 AM   #24
666fast
Regular User

It wasn't a bad episode, definately not as good as the others though. I don't mind seeing people customize a car like that. I just wouldn't ever do it. I see no need in a 10 inch screen in the dash of my car. lol
What I do like is how they showed what it takes to do such a thing. It was kind of cool to see the guy cut and make a new box for everything and use what looked like fiberglass to make it look like it came with the car.

That Chicago guy annoyed me to no end. He seemed to be real into himself and his Hummer. Sorry, your Hummer isn't that special dude. I like how he said he had to take his 26" wheels off because it was too hard to drive! LOL, you'd think you would realize that long before you put them on!

When they showed the Enzo and said it was gonna be modified, I cringed. I figured some idiot would want some DUBS put on. What they did was cool, but not near worth the cost it took to do so. It was perfect in complete stock form.

I liek how they stated that by doing what they do to their cars, they are making it different from everyone elses. Yea, but only so much, it's still a Hummer/Escalade. But now you have huge wheels (like everyone else) and a huge stereo (like everyone else). If you want to be different, don't buy a Hummer.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:03 PM   #25
corvette97
Regular User

i just love the enzo there, and the vanquish with that rims is sik
Old 01-22-2004, 01:12 PM   #26
zevolv
Regular User

There is nothing wrong with an insanely loud stereo and tv's in your car/truck trust me if you ever have something like that you wouldn't change it. Not one of our cars has he original stereo. as soon as we buy them they get all new Alpine setups. And our truck has tv's in the headrests and the dash but the dash one is a flip up and it's very nice when you drive long distances with family or friends, trust me there are parts of the US you could give a shit about when your driving through like the miles and miles of corn fields that never end.
Old 01-22-2004, 04:22 PM   #27
666fast
Regular User

Hey, I'm in Minnesota, we've got miles and miles of cornfields too!

Honestly, I don't like huge stereos in cars, I never have. I don't like having thumping bass pounding my head as I'm driving down the road. All of my friends have aftermarket stereo's, I don't. The screens I can see beign usefull for little kids to keep them quiet. But you dont need, 10 different screens!
Old 01-24-2004, 12:02 AM   #28
troskap
Regular User

I just had to cringe when I saw the wheels on the Enzo. It just looked wrong to me. I guess the point was to throw away some decent money to make your Enzo 'unique', or some such. As to the H2, whee. Yet another trailer home on wheels to have to scoot around.

I'm definitely looking forward to next week's, though. Having some of those Hot Wheels toy cars from my childhood, it's rather neat that the seemingly impossible has actually been built. Not to mention Foose has a way with making a car look just absolutely spectacular. Just look at the GT-500 from the newer "Gone In 60 Seconds". Simply leaves me speechless, looking at that car.

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
40th Anniversary Daytona 500 Pace Car Replica
#812/1500
troskap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 12:08 AM   #29
zevolv
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
Hey, I'm in Minnesota, we've got miles and miles of cornfields too!

Honestly, I don't like huge stereos in cars, I never have. I don't like having thumping bass pounding my head as I'm driving down the road. All of my friends have aftermarket stereo's, I don't. The screens I can see beign usefull for little kids to keep them quiet. But you dont need, 10 different screens!
Our truck only has 3 is that too many for you?
Old 01-24-2004, 05:20 AM   #30
crazidude
Regular User

I remember watching this episode a couple of days ago. I was hoping that they'd do more to the Enzo than just rims, but owell I wouldn't really mess with a 1 million dollar car.
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote