Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 05-23-2004, 06:17 PM   #1
PATo355
Regular User

Default Jeremy Clarkson tests the Megane 225

Jeremy Clarkson of The Sunday Times

Renault Mégane 225
Hot hatch with a safety catch

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...118423,00.html

i thought it might interest you as it has being a buzz about this car lately , enjoy

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 06:20 PM   #2
1zippo1
Regular User

Indeed, this does interest me. Thanks for the link PATo355!!

The RS is a bit controversial indeed. It's supposed to look sporty, but isn't really. It's supposed to be sporty, but also isn't quite so sporty as the clio V6...
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 06:24 PM   #3
PATo355
Regular User

Well both cars are different , the Clio V6 is a mad sports car , this is the safest hot hatch in the world ... and as a safety machine is astonishing , but as a sports car it failed ...

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 08:06 PM   #4
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by PATo355
Well both cars are different , the Clio V6 is a mad sports car , this is the safest hot hatch in the world ... and as a safety machine is astonishing , but as a sports car it failed ...
the V6 is a car for enthusiasts and mad ppl who want to kill themselves in a little car I want one of those!!!!!

The RS is a h-hatch (hate the word hot-hatch) that wants to compete in that particular segment (leon cupra, ford focus rs, golf r32, and maybe the srt4 even when it isn't a h-hatch, but it's hp makes him a contender).
It is fast, has a respectable number of hp, but we must have in mind it is a familiar-personal car that has the ability to beat other cars.
Maybe as Pato says it fails as a sport car. If you want a sport car you'll better target to other cars with other feel.
Nowadays every manufacturer looks to get a bit of the cake with a h-hatch, even when they don't get the formula right

EDIT
and thanks a lot for the link!!!
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 06:08 PM   #5
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

Ive no clue about how the megane is in terms of sensations......but the car shouldnt be too different from the focus RS, the Seat Leon, the Honda Civic, and the Alfa 147 GTS, and a lot more sportive than the Golf R32 as well
On the other hand, its fearless to compare the Megane RS, and the Clio V6, because their concepts are different...while the first one is a hot everyday use car, the second one is in another leage, its more radical in general, it has a mid engine, it lacks of comfort, it has different reactions due to a mid engined car, the rear wheel drive condition as well, its less practical since its a 2 seat car, and no espace for luggage in the bonnet
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote