Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 03-20-2004, 07:56 PM   #1
krlos
Regular User

Default Car painting..

Does someone know how much a paint job for a car would cost? , just changing the color not any racing shit and that kind of stuffs.
Old 03-20-2004, 08:15 PM   #2
callen
Regular User

newhere from 500 bucks for macco to do it, to upwards of over 5,000 for a reallly sick paint job, but i am not exactlly sure. what kinda application u talkin about and what quality of paaint are u lookin for?
Old 03-20-2004, 09:23 PM   #3
krlos
Regular User

i just want the quality i would get stock if i buy a car nothing special you know.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:47 PM   #4
StanAE86
Regular User

I think OEM paint jobs are pretty high quality, normally. For an OEM quality job, I'd guesstimate that you'd spend a few thousand dollars to do the whole car. When my old Ford Taurus needed the hood repainted, I took it to one of the dealer guys and it costed nearly $900 for just the hood.

Prep is key, as is sanding with high-grit to smooth out the finish. Like it's already been said, the cost is completely dependent upon the quality of the finished product and the area you're at (labor costs per hour). I'd go check out a few shops and look at the cars they're working on and how they look. If they work on new and expensive BMWs or Benzs, they're probably better than a yard full of Kias and Hyundais (a generality yes). Just food for thought.

Good luck.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:20 PM   #5
Boltz
Regular User

You can expect to pay 3000+ for an OEM quality paint job. Shops suck these days, badly. So you'll definitly want to shop around for a while.

The problem is that each shop's quote will vary so much that its hard for us here to give you an estimate.

I'd say the lowest you could get a nice one fore would be like 2k. Highest 10k+

Getting your car painted is expensive.
Old 06-26-2004, 02:51 AM   #6
gigdy
Regular User

hahaha macco. the ambassador paint job. i dont know what they do for $500 but it must really blow.
Old 06-26-2004, 02:55 AM   #7
graywolf624
Regular User

hahaha macco. the ambassador paint job. i dont know what they do for $500 but it must really blow
The paint job isn't that bad. The issue is they do little to no prep. If you do your own prep a macco paint job is fine.. But otherwise itll be a good 10 feet job at best.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote