Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 08:02 PM   #61
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
Originally Posted by Jabba
Originally Posted by mindgam3
A couple of panels were damaged, that was it :roll:

Insurance will pay it off and it'll be back to full health in no time...
I hope one day you get yourself a Ferrari and then we can send some dim wit over to take it for a spin. Should the worse happen and "A couple of panels get damaged" I am sure you will be fine about it as of course the "Insurance will pay it off and it'll be back to full health in no time..."

In fact your probably such a good bloke you will even pay for the persons bus fare home and have a bloody good laugh about the damage, just like when you find out that your prized beauty will be off the road for eight weeks....YEHHHHH.....RIGHT....

Perhaps its just the way I was bought up to respect other peoples property and treat it as if it was my own, and sure those track day cars are well used but I have never seen anyone driving into other cars just because they can and it doesn't matter as its "just a couple of panels that will be covered by insurance"

Somehow with that attitude I should think your days at Silverstone will be slightly numbered and a good thing to !
I'm sorry if my opinion differs, but I think your reaction (with all respect) is very over the top.

1. It was an accident, I don't think it was in anyones interest for her to crash it
2. It was a reasonably low speed incident and yes, it will be very fixable
3. Its a company car, so theres no "personal effect" of having crashed someones car.
4. The insurance company will pay for it
5. The car will be as good as it was before the crash

If I was in her situation (which I will be very soon ) then yes I would have taken a lot more care as I do respect it. But then again, generally, people don't put as greater value on cars as we do and don't understand the amount of power they have as we do.

Its not about respect - its about ability and common sense...

You can't compare to someone keying a car either - this was an accident, not done on purpose
1. It wasn't an accident it was stupidity and carelessness, it could easily be called "driving without due care and attention" Naseem Hamed also had an "accident" and he went to jail for 15 months ! It wasn't in anyones interest for him to crash his SLR either but he did through stupidity thats what makes some "accidents" different to others. I guess if she had hit someone then that would have also been OK as that might have just been a finger or something and what the hell they can always be stitched back on I suppose.

2. It wouldn't need fixing at all if she had half a brain and it being low speed makes it even more avoidable.

3. Thats a really shitty attitude to have and to be honest I cant stand people who think like that. I have a mini fleet of company cars for my employees and I can tell you anyone who thought it was ok to trash their car just because the company owns it and there is "no personal effect" wouldn't have the car for very long nor their job for that matter.

4.Yep and that makes the whole thing ok then, its no wonder our insurance premiums keep going up with this way of thinking, didn't you ever think that the reason why insurance companys continue to be highly profitable is that they in fact pay for fuck all and its all the other "careful, serious" drivers that pay for everyones elses "little mistakes".

5. You couldn't be more wrong. Think about what you are saying there and it makes no sense. If you think a car will be as good as it was before any crash then you have got a lot to learn. Trust me they are never quite the same !

Regarding the "keying" I think you have missed the point yet again. According to you it was just a few panels that were damaged on the Ferrari and therefore not a big deal, and yet it would appear that less damage caused by "keying" or anything else for that matter is quite a big deal to alot of people, me included !
Old 05-17-2006, 08:06 PM   #62
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
a fixed car can never be a new one. Repainting panels isnt the same as NEW ones. So no matter how well it's fixed, its a crashed car.
So true... they are never quite the same sadly
Closed Thread