Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 11:27 AM   #1
Jabba
Regular User

Default *** SUSPENSION OF SERVICE BY MY SERVICE PROVIDER ***

Following last nights suspension of service by my service provider... I have had to remove all the full programme videos for now...
Old 11-10-2003, 11:29 AM   #2
BADMIHAI
Regular User

That sucks.....I was just gonna ask what happened. Good think I was browsing here Damn, being sick has some good in it. I can sit home and browse around here.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:35 AM   #3
mendocino
Regular User

OMG! I hope it's just a temporary situation...
Old 11-10-2003, 11:55 AM   #4
TT
Regular User

The Community is still there and that's more important
Old 11-10-2003, 12:00 PM   #5
BADMIHAI
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
That's true! The vids are just a bonus! I think you should keep the site like this for a few months so that all the trolls will leave. Just say that JabbasWorld doesn't post vids....ever . Then you'll see who's loyal and who's not.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:27 PM   #6
noosee
Regular User

Thats bad.
But it is good that forums are back to normal.

Group thing as I can see also changed.
No more B.
Interesting to know are there more changes to the things we can do or we can't ?
Old 11-10-2003, 12:36 PM   #7
DeMoN
Regular User

The GROUP A and B labels have gone too right?

Yeah I cant see the Group A or B section either... I am sure things will come back to normal. Anyway, as the forums are right now, there is plenty of things to read and do while things get back to normal.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:57 PM   #8
fishfreek
Regular User

Ok, as of now the host has moved our site to the semi-dedicated plan. What this does is basicly put our site on a server with less sites allocated to it. Maybe only 10% of the number of sites that the other server had. I will also take a few percautions by making some tweaks to lower general server load later tonight.

Hopefully we wont have this problem again for quite some time.

Free Photo Hosting
Old 11-10-2003, 10:40 PM   #9
fishfreek
Regular User

Just an FYI, until the dns updates the multimedia gallery will not work properly.

Free Photo Hosting
Old 11-10-2003, 11:37 PM   #10
AlienDB7

Originally Posted by TT
can i state my opinion without being persecuted, plz PLZ.

i felt that the rule almost meant that reviews were more important, after all i was kicked out and told, oh well, rules are rules. that made me mad, after my contributions and posts, pics, not comparable to others but good enough contribution, was seen as worthless over 5 reviews. thats why i was mad, so now i feel like i just HAVE to stick to the rules and post reviews as to me that has been stated as more important than the community. another thing that made me mad was jabbas "tough luck attitude", im greatful for his site but to tell me in a post, "YAWN", go ahead look it up he posted that, i felt insulted, like all my posts were useless and 5 reviews a week meant more.

i will not state my opinion very much from now on, i will TOTALLY obey the rules but as far as being in the community it has taken a sour turn for me, im gonna just concentrate on good reviews and not state my mind.

Old 11-10-2003, 11:49 PM   #11
Jabba
Regular User

This is my post from racing flix that I posted earlier today when JW had been closed down...you wont have to worry about any rules relating to reviewing videos in future as I wont be posting anymore as far as your concerned.

I hope all the people that critised the recent "rules" of JW are happy now that it is closed down...

Apparently I am a "dick" for making the rules that helped keep it running for so long....its a shame I have to follow rules as well set by my service provider...perhaps if I tell them they are "dicks" or have no right to set any "rules" they will put it back up for us....

Apparently from last nights posts from 2-3 people, I nor any admins or mods have the right to set any "rules", lock threads, delete posts or run our own site in a way that has bought enjoyment to many people over the last five months that has now ended.

Once again it is going to require even more cash to get back up and running as I will now have to move to a single dedicated server. I will fund this entirely myself still refusing to allow any advertising or other methods of payment that would ruin the great atmosphere that we "did" once have.

Before anybody complains in future that something isn't "fair" or I "must" change something that doesn't quite suit them...I would ask them to consider this for a moment.

Jabba.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:53 PM   #12
fishfreek
Regular User

Looks like we had a few accidentaly extra posts so i cleaned up the thread by deleting the duplicates. note ONLY the duplicates where removed.

Free Photo Hosting
Old 11-10-2003, 11:54 PM   #13
PATo355
Regular User

That happens when ppl complain about following rules that even benefit themselves with videos , this was free and when ppl dont appreciate the others effort then we get this ...

Hope this makes you all think about what happenned , you criticized a guy who was just giving and asking just for a little of reviews .

Anyways thank you for this 5 months that we got JW running , was Gr8 !!!

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:56 PM   #14
AlienDB7
Regular User

Originally Posted by fishfreek
Looks like we had a few accidentaly extra posts so i cleaned up the thread by deleting the duplicates. note ONLY the duplicates where removed.
Think the duplicates are caused by a submission error message. Can't remember what it says exactly, it has to do with error sending mail, I think.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:59 PM   #15
AlienDB7
Regular User

Okay, got the error message again:

Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 553 please check that the recipient domain is configured properly and that you have either checked your mail via POP3 recently or are using authenticated SMTP (#5.7.1)

DEBUG MODE
Line : 164
File : /home/jabbasw/public_html/includes/smtp.php
Closed Thread