Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 12:00 AM   #16
AlienDB7

Originally Posted by AlienDB7
Originally Posted by fishfreek
Looks like we had a few accidentaly extra posts so i cleaned up the thread by deleting the duplicates. note ONLY the duplicates where removed.
Think the duplicates are caused by a submission error message. Can't remember what it says exactly, it has to do with error sending mail, I think.
thats exactly what i got, and fishfreek i never accused you of removing posts. just for the record.

Old 11-11-2003, 12:03 AM   #17
Jabba
Regular User

Its that damn mail server bug back again...if it shows up...it means you have successfully posted your message... its just that the mail notifer didnt go through.
Old 11-11-2003, 12:07 AM   #18
graywolf624
Regular User

I agree. They volunteer their time and money, and don't have to do such things. Having been there, I definitly am greatful as everyone should be. Considering I come here from a board that has far stricter rules then here, I find the complaints a little exagerated.

On a side note, if you need any help in terms of a donation or tech support slip me an pm. I may be a poor college student, but if need be I am more then willing to help out.
Old 11-11-2003, 12:10 AM   #19
fishfreek
Regular User

Justin I know you did not make those accusations. I just wanted to be clear. ALthough after I posted that I did notice a post was missing. Maybe i accidently deleted one.

Free Photo Hosting
Old 11-11-2003, 12:18 AM   #20
AlienDB7

who cares, lets move on. that was all just a REALLY bad dream.

Old 11-11-2003, 01:59 AM   #21
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

MAN! a lot of things have happened while I was away for the weekend! I've been trying to get to JW all day long with no luck, when I saw the suspended notice I thought JW was over ....and now that I got in again I see lots of things have changed...no groups, no vids, shitload of arguing...I also notice that the 5th Gear topic is missing...shit man....what the hell happened??

...this site was great just as it was....what's all the arguing about...I realize some people don't have time to review all the vids, I am one of them...for me 150MB takes about 8 hours to download, so I can't d/l every single video that is posted, and of course I have class and work to deal with daily...that's why I d/l just what seems interesting besides top gear and 5th gear....and yes sometimes I don't like the rules either...while reading all the recent post about the rules, I thought Jabba and the admins should be a little more flexible with rule suggestions or modifications, but, it is Jabba's site and he's the one that sets the rules, and he decides how the site shoud be run...but I also think that the site is fair enough as it is...but well, I just appreciate that I get too see the best automotive shows in the world, which I wouldn't be able to see if not for JW, so even if sometimes i'm not happy with the rules, i'm still truly greatful for the oportunity this site offers me.......so come on guys let's cut this crap and leave all this bullshit behind us...

...I really don't know if this post should be here, I'm posting it somewhere else too, but if you feel it's not in the right place, please feel free to move it to where it belongs.

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Old 11-11-2003, 02:30 AM   #22
Wide
Regular User

I`m happy that the bad dream`s over..!
Old 11-11-2003, 06:22 AM   #23
TT
Regular User

Yeah, back in businness and the forums and gallery are also superfast for me since the moving
Old 11-11-2003, 08:22 AM   #24
SDK2003
Regular User

Good see you're back up and running so soon Jabba

|| Canon 20D x2 | 17-40L | 24-70L | 100 USM Macro | 100-400L IS | 580EX ||
Old 11-11-2003, 11:19 AM   #25
Jabba
Regular User

I think we all agree its now time to move on and just see what happens in the future.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:51 PM   #26
jon_s
Regular User

Just a note: I hope the people RESPONSIBLE for the recent down time (you know who you are) fuck off, if they have already fucked off, good. Their actions were quite simply the most childish I have ever seen on the internet. It reminded me of a little kid who could not get its way, so spoilt it for everyone just to make its self feel important. Anyway, that is all I will say on the issue.
Old 11-11-2003, 03:13 PM   #27
AlienDB7

Originally Posted by jon_s
Just a note: I hope the people RESPONSIBLE for the recent down time (you know who you are) fuck off, if they have already fucked off, good. Their actions were quite simply the most childish I have ever seen on the internet. It reminded me of a little kid who could not get its way, so spoilt it for everyone just to make its self feel important. Anyway, that is all I will say on the issue.
i think jabba and TT made it clear that their server was at fault, maybe you dont believe that or maybe you really think someone deliberately did it but where is ur proof?? otherwise its all speculation and accusations.

Old 11-11-2003, 03:26 PM   #28
Jabba
Regular User

I can confirm that Group "B" was closed mainly as a result of what jon_s has said in his post. I can also confirm that I almost didn't have the server upgraded as a direct result of what jon_s has said in his post and JW would have indeed remained closed.

I don't think you need any more proof than that.
Old 11-11-2003, 03:35 PM   #29
jon_s
Regular User

As I said, I am going to leave the issue, the accusation was not at you justin, as I believe there were more involved than just you.
Old 11-11-2003, 03:37 PM   #30
BADMIHAI
Regular User

Originally Posted by jon_s
As I said, I am going to leave the issue, the accusation was not at you justin, as I believe there were more involved than just you.
You can mention names. I'm not hiding.......
Closed Thread