Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 05:01 PM   #1
Jabba
Regular User

Default *** SHOCK AND HORROR - TONIGHTS 5TH GEAR FEATURE ***

I am sorry to have to write my comments before the video is ready for downloading but it is one of the most shocking and upsetting videos that I have ever seen. Its some 20 mins after the show has finished and I can still feel the pain for the car involved, I feel almost like I was in the damn accident, its very weird and so sad indeed.

I knew it wasn't going to be pleasant when I heard last week that the feature involves a Ferrari crash.

What I must put into words is how UNBELIEVABLE someones attitude can be to driving a Ferrari for what seemed like the first time.

As I remember it when I first sat in the passenger seat of a 348TS I felt that I was the most privilegded person in the world and I didn't even want to put my feet on the mat so as not to offend the automotive GOD which is Ferrari, let alone shitting my pants when it came to turning the key for the first time, (I am sure TT and other members that have driven Ferrari's will know what I mean, such a huge responsibility in a way, like you are put in charge of taking care of a precious work of art or something), even haven driven a few now and clocked up a few miles I still would never have dreamt of doing what the idiot attempted to do tonight. Flooring a car that you have never driven before in between two parked cars and you get what you deserve, just a shame that was the last thing that the car deserved. Sure we could have all probably made it through that gap without too much diffictulty but knowing that you were being filmed and watched by 50 people driving a supercar for the first time, why then on earth would you act like that ?

As Plato says at the end, "the moral of the story is don't let 'pop stars' drive Ferraris"

Check the video out shortly and post your thoughts here if you can bear to even watch the video that is
Old 05-15-2006, 05:04 PM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User

Oh my...

well, i'll watch it, but i dont have to like it...
Old 05-15-2006, 05:05 PM   #3
gis
Regular User

wow i missed the show 2nite,but knew this was on after seein the end of last weeks,but was it really that bad?

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
Old 05-15-2006, 05:08 PM   #4
Jabba
Regular User

I just feel so gutted for that car, maybe its because its a 355, maybe its the way she tried to carry on driving it after she got it hooked up on the other car, maybe its because it was given ZERO RESPECT. You can tell even plato was hurting badly the way he was cringing at the end.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:09 PM   #5
yg60m
Regular User

It was on preview last week, and it was already surprising that someone can crash a car just after the start ... Stupid pop star
Old 05-15-2006, 05:13 PM   #6
Jabba
Regular User

Also want to add that any normal person would be even more careful considering it wasn't even their car let alone someone elses F355
Old 05-15-2006, 05:47 PM   #7
No.1
Regular User

I completely agree with you Jabba.

The blonde (no stereotyping here ) showed absoultely no gratitude/amazement at driving a Ferrari. It was a sickening crunch - such a low speed thing that it should be impossible if you were paying even 1 per cent attention.

What made it worse was her trying to drive forwards, doing more damage :roll:

I'm yet to drive anything of such significance, but suffice to say, i will have a little more respect than what she showed - to drive a Ferrari/Porsche is a dream for me (at the moment), and i would do my best to avoid making such a stupid error.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:51 PM   #8
Ghostbat
Regular User

You are definetely right Jabba!

What a shame..
Old 05-15-2006, 05:55 PM   #9
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by thenumber1
It was a sickening crunch - such a low speed thing that it should be impossible if you were paying even 1 per cent attention.

Yep that sums it up perfectly, I think any car let alone a Ferrari deserves more than 1 per cent attention, didn't you just want to put your hands on your head and cringe as she tried to carry on going forward after getting trapped ?
Old 05-15-2006, 06:01 PM   #10
fsandys
Regular User

I tried to warn you all! Cant remember where the post is but I saw that bit last week, absolutely pathetic letting them do that.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:10 PM   #11
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
It was a sickening crunch - such a low speed thing that it should be impossible if you were paying even 1 per cent attention.

Yep that sums it up perfectly, I think any car let alone a Ferrari deserves more than 1 per cent attention, didn't you just want to put your hands on your head and cringe as she tried to carry on going forward after getting trapped ?
Oh man this is just getting worse. At least she could have stopped and not driving forward after the crash.. What a stupid biaaatch..
Old 05-15-2006, 06:22 PM   #12
ARMAN
Regular User

You are scaring me Jabba :shock: 355? oh noooo.....

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
Old 05-15-2006, 06:24 PM   #13
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba

Yeah.

And at least Plato took the piss out of her afterwards when she wasn't listening - she didn't deserve the privilege.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:29 PM   #14
ARMAN
Regular User

who is she btw? ill send a killer her way as we speak

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
Old 05-15-2006, 06:31 PM   #15
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by ARMAN
who is she btw? ill send a killer her way as we speak
Sarah Harding from girl band Girls Aloud

Pretty hot BTW