Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 12:40 AM   #31
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by SWT
she was laughing about it too :roll: :2gunfire:
My goodness. . . I don't think she realized what she damaged.

That was quite amazing. I guess that is a lot better than crashing out on the track, who knows what she might have done.

Overall, I think the segment was pretty pointless. I guess if you were really into these girls it was fun, but since I'm from America I didn't really care much.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:17 AM   #32
LotusGT1
Regular User

Although the chick is too stupid for her own good, and the crash is not a pretty sight, at the end of the day we're talking about a freaking car, not a person. Let's not all get oversensitive now. Boatloads of supercars are crashed under the most ridiculous circumstances, and all those cars can be fixed. I have less respect for those garage queen holding owners who drive 5 miles in every 10 years with their exotics.

I only get genuinely pissed of by somebody who has no respect for other peoples property. This chick didn't appear to be very emotional on that part. Luckily the damage wasn't severe and at least it was (a pisspoor) attempt to use the car for what it's built (track).

LOL@"automotive GOD which is Ferrari". I like the fanatism in that
Old 05-16-2006, 09:04 AM   #33
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

Originally Posted by LotusGT1

Things worth having don't come easy..
Old 05-16-2006, 09:18 AM   #34
Jabba
Regular User

I don't think the Tifosi would say it any differently.

Its hard to explain what makes a Ferrari different to all other cars. I remember Jeremy Clarkson trying to explain why when on paper the Lamborghini Gallardo is better than a F360 that it still somehow isn't. He said something like that Ferrari is a magical name, it has a glow around it like no other car in the same way Harry Potter does for childrens books. I have also heard Michael Schumacher when he first joined Ferrari make similar statements (not about Harry potter though LOL).

at the end of the day we're talking about a freaking car, not a person.
Don't know what you are doing on this forum then (or even if I want you on it for that matter) if you don't understand how passionately some people feel about cars and especially a Ferrari 355 and since when has that ever been referred to as a "freaking" car
Old 05-16-2006, 09:22 AM   #35
LotusGT1
Regular User

Haha, you know what I mean. Altough it's a bloody shame there are worse things in life.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:24 AM   #36
TNT
Regular User

what was her punishment? she better of not gotten off for free.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:32 AM   #37
Jabba
Regular User

I think her "punishment" was them airing the show (it will be hard to live that one down). She was all cocky after setting the fastest lap time in the 911 and would probably be telling the rest of the "band" how much better she was at driving then they were. Instead I bet there was a real sour atmosphere in the car on the way home with her sulking in the corner and rightly so.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:49 AM   #38
yg60m
Regular User

I am not that sure, they were taking pics while Jason was commenting on the accident (just at the end of the vid)
Old 05-16-2006, 10:04 AM   #39
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

You really see the pain from that screen shot Jabba.. When I watched it I saw his eyes and then his face crunch on impact..

Absolutely ridiculous you would let a girl acting like that drive a Ferrari.. although I wont lie.. i've been in the same posistion before..

I've willingly tossed my keys to a young, beautiful girl who I thought knew how to drive a manual... but it was a god damn toyota camry and not a Ferrari!!!
Old 05-16-2006, 10:19 AM   #40
DeMoN
Regular User

Kind of stupid to have let her drive in the first place. Have not seen the vid yet, but from that picture, it sure does not look good.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:26 PM   #41
LotusGT1
Regular User

Good to see we agree at least about some things
Old 05-16-2006, 01:32 PM   #42
ARMAN
Regular User

I have never owned anything even close the Ferrari(my car costs a half of 355' wheel ops and seeing this was -> :cry: damage was not that big happily. She was waaay too excited to drive a ferrari

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
Old 05-16-2006, 02:31 PM   #43
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Can't say i coould blame him, after all a young beautiful firl going fast in a ferrari making certain noises. Still a shame though, but in fairness i'd rather she hit the chrysler than the porsche.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:08 PM   #44
Fleischmann
Regular User

Idiotic, no other word for it. Both the crew and the driver are to blame. The crew for letting a blonde pop star even get close to such a precious vechicle. But what irritated me the most was when the blondie crashed the car and said "that's embarassing". Then, with one car hooked on to the other, she revved the engine trying to force the Ferrari past, like it was a lawnmower stuck on a weed. Gladly Plato stopped her idiotic attempts.

And off went the blondie, smiling and giggling as if nothing happened.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:02 PM   #45
mindgam3
Regular User

Jesus christ people, talk about over-reaction... I thought from reading all this that it would be a full on impact.

A couple of panels were damaged, that was it :roll:

Insurance will pay it off and it'll be back to full health in no time. It was at silverstone, where all you need to drive that 355 is a driving licence and a fe hundred pounds... anyone can do it. Let the girl have some fun...
Closed Thread