Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 11-06-2006, 06:22 PM   #1
ferrari550
Regular User

Default little photoshop help

Would someone be able to tell me how to take a small picture, then place it into a larger picture? After that i would like to know how to write something on that picture? i am really clueless with photoshop, any help is very much appreciated, thanks.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:49 PM   #2
Fleischmann
Regular User

open up the small picture, press Ctrl+A (mark all) then Ctrl+C (copy). Close it. Then open the large picture, press Ctrl+N (New Layer) and Ctrl+V(Paste). In the toolbar just select the standard arrow and you can move about the smaller picture until your happy with the position. Then just get the type tool (it's the capital T in the toolbar), select the place you want to type and enter the text. After that highlight the text and you can change the text setting at the top (font, color, size). Then just save.

If at any point you aren't happy with the positioning, choose the layer and change the position in the layersbox. If it isn't visible then go to window->Layers.

It's easier then it sounds. However, if you have any problems, don't hesitate to PM me with the pictures and a description of the picture positioning and font settings.

Hope I helped

Marcin
Old 11-06-2006, 11:29 PM   #3
ferrari550
Regular User

Thank you very much!! i will try this first thing in the morning, really appreciate this.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:02 AM   #4
saadie
Regular User

http://www.jabbasworld.net/viewforum.php?f=191

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39022
Old 11-07-2006, 11:28 AM   #5
ferrari550
Regular User

Thanks a lot Fleischmann, that was pretty easy. although i have one more quick question. This may be very easy as well but i just do not know how, i was wondering if i have a basic car picture, how do you get rid of or erase the background so you are just left with a picture of the car? I was going to then take that car and place it in another picture. thanks again!

And thanks saadie for the links, i saw those earliar but find it so confusing.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:17 PM   #6
Fleischmann
Regular User

No problem As for cutting out, that's slightly more tricky to explain on a forum There are a few methods, personally I use the pen tool.

Here is a quick tutorial with pictures: http://www.tutorials-photoshop.com/b...-selecting.php

Make sure your cut out is a "closed circuit". After that, hold down Ctrl and in the layers box select the shape you created. This will make a selection of the shape. Then, with the shape selected, click on the picture you want to cut the fragment from and press Ctrl+C (copy). Then just press Ctrl+V (paste) in the picture you want to copy to. Viola !!

Like said before, if the picture is nothing personal and your having any problems, don't hesitate to bug me with a PM