Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the series?
India 0 0%
Australia 0 0%
No Bloody Idea!! 0 0%
319 100.00%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2004, 05:46 AM   #61
aks
Regular User

@ dingo22: yeh, clarke did bloody well, unlucky not to get man of the series

@ giri: well giri, at least i go for my true country. and it was 38 wickets falling in 2 days, not 40

@ Mattk: yeh, goyal did get banned

i know everyone says the wicket was bad (no doubting it was) but i would just like to verify that the batsmen made it look a lot worse than it was, and that's why 38 wickets fell in 2 days. the way the australians batted in the 2nd innings was appauling and showed that they really don't have as much intensity when it comes to dead rubbers, a shame for such a great team. as for the indians, looks like a lot of batting practice is needed, personally i feel that the indian coach has done his job and his time has now come to move on

My Car: Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed 5-Door (Black Exterior/Red Leather Interior/Sunroof/17 inch Alloys/Tinted Windows/Rear Parking Sensors)
aks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 05:54 AM   #62
dingo
Regular User

^ maybe you could apply for his position...and become the new coach of India.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:23 AM   #63
benjaminfusco
Regular User

I think your right Aks generally the Australians, when they arnt playing for anything loose their intensity. Im from Adelaide Australia by the way. How about Michael Clarke though he's gonna be a super star.
benjaminfusco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 02:01 AM   #64
aks
Regular User

Originally Posted by benjaminfusco
I think your right Aks generally the Australians, when they arnt playing for anything loose their intensity. Im from Adelaide Australia by the way. How about Michael Clarke though he's gonna be a super star.
michael clarke is definately set for life. first match he gets to bat and he gets a century, first match he is given the ball and he gets 6/9!!!! better figures than all but 2 of the current indian bowlers

i think the secret to his success is his smart cricketing mind (and his Indian coach ) because he always seems to be thinking of something in his head before he does anything, easily the best choice for future captain of Australia - at least he won't be as arrogant as Ponting

My Car: Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed 5-Door (Black Exterior/Red Leather Interior/Sunroof/17 inch Alloys/Tinted Windows/Rear Parking Sensors)
Old 11-12-2004, 02:34 AM   #65
benjaminfusco
Regular User

Your right, the first thing i noticed about him especially when he made his centrury was he had a good cricket brain on him. At times he is still rash, but that is only because he is young. He plays like he has had so much expirience and like hes playing he's 50th test. It took ponting some time to settle down but i think clarke is already settling and showing some good leadership skills. who knows maybe one day a future captin? what do you think?
benjaminfusco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 03:07 AM   #66
aks
Regular User

Originally Posted by benjaminfusco
Your right, the first thing i noticed about him especially when he made his centrury was he had a good cricket brain on him. At times he is still rash, but that is only because he is young. He plays like he has had so much expirience and like hes playing he's 50th test. It took ponting some time to settle down but i think clarke is already settling and showing some good leadership skills. who knows maybe one day a future captin? what do you think?
yeh, definately best choice for future captain, as he is captain of Australia A rite now anyway

funny how he made his frist-class and test debut both against India