Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 06-21-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
AJQuadros

Default Request to anyone who can access Manheim.

Hey everyone, before I ask, I'll get it out of the way. I have no posts, I've been lurking this forum for years tho, always checking up on spyshots and my dream cars.
I don't know if Im going to get flamed for asking, but I've been given the oppurtunity to get my auto dealers license, here in Florida. Getting this license is going to cost me quite a lot of money, with no guarantee that I can get anything out of it. Hopefully, I can find some great cars for my family, friends, and myself.
What I'm asking is if anyone knows of a way, or has the way to access the recent sales lists for Manheim auctions. I need to see how much cars are selling for. Is it even worth my investment, buying insurance, leasing a warehouse, etc...
I would greatly appreciate anyones help.

Best Regards,
Aaron
AJQuadros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:16 PM   #2
Jabba
Regular User

Default Re: Request to anyone who can access Manheim.

Originally Posted by AJQuadros
Hey everyone, before I ask, I'll get it out of the way. I have no posts, I've been lurking this forum for years tho, always checking up on spyshots and my dream cars.
Although you joined on the 21st June 2007
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:26 PM   #3
AJQuadros

You dont need a account to browse the forums....
AJQuadros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:31 PM   #4
Jabba
Regular User

That hasn't been like that for that long

Anyway, I don't like lurkers and I don't like smart asses, so I am banning you and your IP, so no more easy lurking for you !
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:53 PM   #5
TopGearNL
Regular User

Default Re: Request to anyone who can access Manheim.

Originally Posted by Jabba
Originally Posted by AJQuadros
Although you joined on the 21st June 2007
Good one
Old 06-21-2007, 06:42 PM   #6
philip
Regular User

The Manheim Auctions started in Manheim Pennsylvania. You may have heard of "The Pennsylvania Dutch", well it was actually "Pennsylvania Deutch" or I guess translated Pennsylvania Germans. So Phobo is not far off.

Considering the stunt I pulled when I joined, I'm obviously very lucky to have not been banned.

AJQuadro's request was a little odd. Being a used car dealer and needing a list of recent Manheim sales are two completely different things. The two are not related at all.

So I am really not sure what was up, but obviously Jabba did not like what he was reading.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Manheim Auto Auctions ( I have never heard anyone talk about it here) it is the largest chain of dealer only used car auctions in the United States. They auction probably 100,000 cars a week nationwide. Most cars they auction are your plain Jane cars that Mom and Dad drive. Since it is dealer only, it is alot of trade ins that the dealer does not want, ie: Ford trade in at a Chevy dealer. Many of the cars are late model lease returns and repos being sold by the factory.

Here is something I found on the web about Manheim if your interested and want to learn more.

http://www.lsrpca.com/P-Naut/article...%20auction.pdf