Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 11-22-2004, 06:59 AM   #16
aks
Regular User

India vs. SA:
very heavy fog delayed start, but after a while SA declared at 510/9 (Andrew Hall 163, Kumble 6-131). India are currently 181/0, with Sehwag and Gambhir each in the 80's, and currently makin history as this is India's best opening partnership ever against SA. India cruisin at this stage and match looks to be goin to a draw with only 2 days left after today

in other news; Harbhajan Singh has signed a deal to play county cricket with Surrey this season

My Car: Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed 5-Door (Black Exterior/Red Leather Interior/Sunroof/17 inch Alloys/Tinted Windows/Rear Parking Sensors)
aks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 05:52 AM   #17
giri
Regular User

For all the unlightened ones, here is an explanation of cricket (yes i know its old)...which im sure will make the game a lot clearer. (read it aloud...it makes even more sense then)

You have two sides one out in the field and one in .
Each man that's in the side that's in goes out and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out .
When they are all out the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out .
Sometimes you get men still in and not out .
When both sides have been in and out including the not outs , THAT'S THE END OF THE GAME ! HOWZAT!!

Cheers....btw...Sehwag...luckiest batsman in the world
Old 11-23-2004, 06:00 AM   #18
dingo
Regular User

^ that would have to be the worst explanation of cricket I've ever heard.....even I'm not sure if I understand the game anymore.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:06 AM   #19
aks
Regular User

Originally Posted by giri
For all the unlightened ones, here is an explanation of cricket (yes i know its old)...which im sure will make the game a lot clearer. (read it aloud...it makes even more sense then)

You have two sides one out in the field and one in .
Each man that's in the side that's in goes out and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out .
When they are all out the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out .
Sometimes you get men still in and not out .
When both sides have been in and out including the not outs , THAT'S THE END OF THE GAME ! HOWZAT!!

Cheers....btw...Sehwag...luckiest batsman in the world
lol, nice explanation giri!

anyway, here's the latest:

India vs. SA
After an opening stand of 218 (India's 2nd best opening stand ever i think!) India is well on their way to a position from which they can't lose. Gautam Gambhir was unlucky to go for 96 but Virender Sehwag made a beautiful 164 (in half the balls Andrew Hall took to score his 163) and passed 1000 runs for the year 2004, he is having the time of his life. At the moment India is 358/3, with Sachin being bowled when only on 3. He definately needs to sort himself out soon, because we all miss the old Sachin!

My Car: Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed 5-Door (Black Exterior/Red Leather Interior/Sunroof/17 inch Alloys/Tinted Windows/Rear Parking Sensors)
Old 11-24-2004, 07:26 AM   #20
aks
Regular User

today's latest

India vs. SA
Match turned out to be a draw. India lost something like 7 wickets for 70-odd runs which shows how out of form out batsmen are

Sourav Ganguly's Suspension hearing is tomorrow, we'll have to wait and see how many matches he will miss.

that's about it 8)

Old 11-24-2004, 01:44 PM   #21
Pimp Racer
Regular User

if they cant understand what he said then they should just go on google right?
Old 11-24-2004, 02:26 PM   #22
coombsie66
Regular User

I used to play a lot when i was at school, more of a batsman than bowler. I do still enjoy watching, aint played in a long time! Nothin g better than a nice cold beer (or 24) and a hot summers day, watching the ASHES test in the garden!
Old 11-25-2004, 06:05 AM   #23
aks
Regular User

Originally Posted by coombsie66
I used to play a lot when i was at school, more of a batsman than bowler. I do still enjoy watching, aint played in a long time! Nothin g better than a nice cold beer (or 24) and a hot summers day, watching the ASHES test in the garden!
lol, i would think so unless Aus is creaming the poms!

this comin ashes series looks to be a very good one tho, England in good form (won 10/11 matches in 2004) and seem to be the only team to challenge Aus in world cricket atm

Old 11-29-2004, 09:02 PM   #24
aks
Regular User

been busy of late but here's the latest

After 2 days of play, South Africa batted first and scored 305, which included a great Kallis century, and Indians are now 129/1

5th day of play and Australia is kickin New Zealand's arse all the way back to Wellington. Kiwis are 160/7 with 304 more runs needed to win. I think we can easily predict the result of this one.

England played Zimbabwe in their first one day match of the series on the 28th and smacked them. They bowled Zimbabwe out for 195 and won with 5 wickets to spare

it's feelin a bit lonely in this topic, anybody got any comments?

Old 11-30-2004, 07:56 PM   #25
sau_mathur
Regular User

Never thought of seeing a cricket topic on JW, but i am very pleased, as cricket is like my most fav sport in the whole world. Go INDIA !!! Lets hope we can kick SAs butt in the last test match.

Bloody Kiwis got pretty well whitewashed by the Aussies didnt they.. hehehe..bloody sheep f*kers. Looking forward to the ODIs.. might go see the first one at the Telstra DOme in Melbourne.
sau_mathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 10:08 AM   #26
aks
Regular User

ok, this is gonna be my last post till mid-Jan as i am going to Hong Kong and India for the holidays.

India has beaten South Africa by 8 wickets in the 2nd test and won the series 1-0

England is now 2-0 (after completion of 2 games) up against Zimbabwe in the ODI tournament and atm England is racing chasing 239 going at over 7 runs an over (another win maybe? )

pls keep the topic alive while i am gone!

cya! ( oh and Merry Christmas & Happy New Year)

Old 12-04-2004, 10:19 AM   #27
dingo
Regular User

I'm not sure if I can keep it alive by myself......not many interested members on here. I also don't have much time to watch the cricket anymore so I don't really have that much interest currently.
Have a nice trip mate....and Merry Xmas to you too.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:53 AM   #28
giri
Regular User

im sure we can keep it alive...im gonna start a petition to bar brett lee from ever playing for australia again...if they drop kasper on the basis of one bad over then as far as im concerned the selectors would have lost whatever slim credibility they have left (katich out...wtf?)
Old 12-07-2004, 11:47 AM   #29
TransAm
Regular User

Another cricket fan here.

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 05:27 AM   #30
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by giri
im sure we can keep it alive...im gonna start a petition to bar brett lee from ever playing for australia again...if they drop kasper on the basis of one bad over then as far as im concerned the selectors would have lost whatever slim credibility they have left (katich out...wtf?)
well they did drop Kaspa....but most of the fast bowlers are being rested in one of the games so its not necassarily because of THAT over.

Good to hear TransAm.....are you an Englishman living in the US or something like that, not many American born people would like cricket.