Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 11-21-2004, 06:50 AM   #1
aks
Regular User

Default interesting fact about speed cameras in Sydney

i found out the other day that in the Eastern Suburbs in Sydney (a fairly 'high-class' area, Nichole Kidman has a house there) there is only one speed camera, which is just at the start!

apparently this is because the rich ppl there have a lot of power over the traffic authority and police and want to go speeding in their Ferraris and Lambos!

rich people; is there anything they can't do?

My Car: Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed 5-Door (Black Exterior/Red Leather Interior/Sunroof/17 inch Alloys/Tinted Windows/Rear Parking Sensors)
aks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 06:58 AM   #2
heath
Regular User

doesn't surprise me dude...I live and work there and I've only ever seen 1 camera and it was a red light camera....

Ronin005 wrote:
.....like in any other car community there is Stock, Modified and, HOLLY BATMAN. this falls under HOLLY BATMAN!!
heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 07:30 AM   #3
stracing
Regular User

who/where was the source of the story?

well on spit road there are 3 cameras in a space of 1km...both directions. thats just right before the exotic cars dealer at mosman. theres one on warringah road, frenchs forest. so its not entirely accurate.

having said that it doesn't beat the amount of cameras out west. supposedly its where all the hoons live hahaha
stracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 07:47 AM   #4
aks
Regular User

Originally Posted by stracing
who/where was the source of the story?
my driving instructor, he said he once saw a man with a Ferrari hit a parked car with a police car just ahead, and the police car jus turned around and drove off!

My Car: Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed 5-Door (Black Exterior/Red Leather Interior/Sunroof/17 inch Alloys/Tinted Windows/Rear Parking Sensors)
aks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 08:04 AM   #5
sikx5
Regular User

hahaha thats not a bad arrangement, my driving instructor told about be headdings in graphic detail in an attempt to calm me down for my driving test, didnt work though
Old 11-21-2004, 09:33 AM   #6
stracing
Regular User

we have that too, works with red light cameras as well. the problem is those sneaky mobile pigs hiding at an intersection or behind some trees.
Old 11-21-2004, 10:05 AM   #7
topgeartom
Regular User

pick-pocketing bastards are everywhere around here - there is a main road behind my house that runs down a hill and it has 3 sets of cameras on it each way.thats 6 cameras on the road, they are all in the space of under 1/2 mile! Plus, the limit is 30mph, even though it is downhill and a very wide road, with grass either side.

Its a joke. Funny bastards eh?
Old 11-21-2004, 12:05 PM   #8
CSedl87
Regular User

Do your cameras in England/Australia take your pic the second you go over the limit, or is there some sort of untold speedlimit for the camera? Here where I live it's when you go 11mph over the speedlimit that you get your picture taken. heh, heres a game for you guys to try, when somebody is behind you, slow down a lil bit(or if you like way down). If you can time it right they'll floor it past the camera and click! I've done this several times to tailgaters, so they're asking for it
"At a given day and a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit, and you touch the limit, and you think 'okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens in you so that you can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and your experience as well, you can fly very high" - Ayrton Senna
CSedl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 12:11 PM   #9
crayzayjay
Regular User

Cameras are set to flash at Speed limit + 10% + 3mph.

Therefore in a 30, it's theoretically ok to go 35, but not 36.

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 12:11 PM   #10
topgeartom
Regular User

have you ever heard of the tuftufclub. They are from the Netherlands, and used to have a website but i think itn got closed down. People would send them photos of gatsos that had been blown up. Some people were very imaginative - a particularily bright individual had drilled a small hole in the side of one, and then pumped in a load of expanding foam! The thing just exploded from inside! Genius!
Old 11-21-2004, 12:13 PM   #11
stracing
Regular User

it depends which state. in victoria, you get pinged when you gover by 2kmh! in new south wales i thinks it 10% of posted limit.

in england they have cameras watching speed cameras hahaha
Old 11-21-2004, 12:14 PM   #12
crayzayjay
Regular User

Yep. Therefore you have to be extremely careful before you decide to take one out

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
Old 11-21-2004, 12:57 PM   #13
crayzayjay
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by crayzayjay
Yep. Therefore you have to be extremely careful before you decide to take one out

nope you only need a sniper rifle.....something every hitman got of course......
Of course. Only problem is, i've run out of ammo

Old 11-21-2004, 02:35 PM   #14
OVERLORD_CHRIS
Regular User

They had one in Kuwait were i'm at, but some BMW took it out. Funny thing too, becuase we were slowing down for it when we noticed it was pointing up from the ground, about 50m latter we see this blue BMW with its doors hanging off laying on its roof, and like always i did not have my camra.
OVERLORD_CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 03:45 PM   #15
Wutputt
Regular User

Originally Posted by topgeartom
have you ever heard of the tuftufclub. They are from the Netherlands, and used to have a website but i think itn got closed down.
They were some time ago completely shut down.
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote