Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-01-2005, 01:40 AM   #1
Aleighy
Regular User

Default God F*ing Damnit!!

ok, so this is basically a way for me to get out my frustrations, and to sort of see if anyone else has been caught in the predicament that i was caught in earlier today. so for a little of the background: when i got to work my manager was just beyond herself at the fact that this organization for Stryker Brigade families that we had donated a diamond necklace to had sent is this little thank you certificate and thank you card. she said we needed to display it as soon as possible, ans wanted me to go to Michael's (a craft store) to get a frame to hang it up. So i went into the back office and was gunna grab my purse ans keys when i glanced at my camera. i pondered as to whether or not i should take it with me and decided against it. Michaels is literally a half of a black down the road from my work, what the heck was i going to see that was picture worthy in that short span of time? so i grbbed my purse, keys, and sun glasses and left. so im sittin there waiting to turn right onto 38th for what seemed like eternity and after maybe 3 or 4 minutes, what goes slowly rollin past? a fucking beautiful bright yellow 575...i stared for a fraction of a second till i realized that yes, i was seeing this for real, it was not some sort of sick illusion. then, as i regained my wits, i began to frantically search for my camera...which was sittin back on my desk in the back office!!! i hit my steering wheele so hard in my anger at myself that i almost broke a nail, which i just had done yesterday! needless to say i learned a very important lesson today: no matter how short the drive, or how unlikely it is that you will need your camera, the one time you really need it will be the one time you dont bring it...so ALWAYS BRING IT!!!

ok, thank you for taking the time to listen, i feel better to have gotten that out.

>BONK<
Aleighy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 01:51 AM   #2
RC45
Regular User

Pics...

or....

STFU...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 01:52 AM   #3
Aleighy
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Pics...

or....

STFU...
now thats just mean

>BONK<
Old 07-01-2005, 01:58 AM   #4
Fleischmann
Regular User

Yeah, shit like that happens. I ALWAYS have my mobile phone with me. Apart from one time...my mum dropped me off to school whilst on her way to work. Somehow my phone slipped out of my pocket and landed on the floormat which I didn't see. Later that day as I was walking home with my GF she pointed to something in the distance and asked me what it was. I looked up to see a spanking navy Maserati 3200GT!!! For some of you that's nothing, but over here it is a very rare sight. And no phone, no pic

But I let God off for his little Maserati prank a few days later. I was on my way to the bus stop but midway I realised I forgot to take something so I went back. If not for that I wouldn't have seen a bright red Ferrari 612 Scaglietti during my 2nd walk to the bus stop.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:59 AM   #5
exhausted mules
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Pics...

or....

STFU...
that was hilarious...

only rc would say something like that.

regardless if the poster is male...

or female.

sorry to hear about your (and our) loss.

i couldn't care less about your broken nail mind you, but, i hope you learned your lesson with the camera issue...
exhausted mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:23 AM   #6
TT
Regular User

I am sure your camera from now on will be like a massive tatoo (like it is for me) and you will never go anywhere without it!
Old 07-01-2005, 06:06 AM   #7
dingo
Regular User

Well since the car was driving past the best you would have got was one moving pic taken inside your car - so its not as bad as if it were parked in a nice location some where.

Thats just thinking on the bright side for you.....
Old 07-01-2005, 06:44 AM   #8
ARMAN
Regular User

LOL! JW hunters feaver I like the comments about the nails

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 08:24 AM   #9
komotar
Regular User

I always bring my camera.

I remember about a year ago, when I went out I was allready sitting in my car and I said to myself, don't be a stupid ass fuck becaus you may see a cool car today.......back then I wasn't a regular car hunter.....

So I get out of my car, I get the camera and drive off...........

Look what I found 20 minutes later......and this started my JW posting pics of nice cars and the owner of that car is now my boss....

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...hlight=carrera

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:04 AM   #10
DeMoN
Regular User

At least you got to see it, me, on the other hand, have not seen many goo d cars here in Florida =/

Im still waiting to see a Murcielago.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:18 AM   #11
dingo
Regular User

I thought Florida had some fairly rich people, surely you must be able to see a Murcielago somewhere (even if its at the dealership)?

Even in a small place like Perth I have seen a couple of them, including a Roadster a few weeks back.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:00 PM   #12
Aleighy
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
I am sure your camera from now on will be like a massive tatoo (like it is for me) and you will never go anywhere without it!
you are exactly right...it hasnt left my side since this unfortunate happening.

Originally Posted by ARMAN
LOL! JW hunters feaver I like the comments about the nails
ok, im a girl that likes...no, loves...cars, but im still a girl. and im a girly girl at that most of the time. dont get me wrong, i have coveralls and a creeper and im more than willing to get out there and work with my hands just like the rest of y'all, but i do like my nails, i pay a pair bit of money for them, and i would rather not break them.

>BONK<
Old 07-01-2005, 10:04 PM   #13
bmagni
Regular User

Default Re: God F*ing Damnit!!

Originally Posted by Aleighy
i hit my steering wheele so hard in my anger at myself that i almost broke a nail, which i just had done yesterday!
LOL !! you gotta love this !!! i understand it, but its just funny...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 11:06 PM   #14
Aleighy
Regular User

Default Re: God F*ing Damnit!!

Originally Posted by bmagni
Originally Posted by Aleighy
i hit my steering wheele so hard in my anger at myself that i almost broke a nail, which i just had done yesterday!
LOL !! you gotta love this !!! i understand it, but its just funny...
its an important thing, it really is

>BONK<
Old 07-01-2005, 11:27 PM   #15
T-Bird
Regular User

I understand your feeling I miss tons of pics because I;m going down the highway and the camera is out of reach.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote