Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 03-22-2006, 07:23 AM   #16
chest3r
Regular User

Originally Posted by adamwich
Originally Posted by Zot09
That is awesome! Thank you for the pictures! I wish there were events where you could buy rides in supercars around here. How much were the tickets?
The price for one ticket was about $160 - and everything the event earned would go to charity. I got a ride in a Ferrari while helping other people! Great.
That's not cheap!! A member from Australia, I think, get into an event like this and the ticket was much cheaper, but since this is a lifetime experience I wouldn't even think twice. Bring me a Ferrari !!!!
Old 03-22-2006, 09:21 AM   #17
adamwich
Regular User

Originally Posted by chest3r
Originally Posted by Zot09
That is awesome! Thank you for the pictures! I wish there were events where you could buy rides in supercars around here. How much were the tickets?
The price for one ticket was about $160 - and everything the event earned would go to charity. I got a ride in a Ferrari while helping other people! Great.
That's not cheap!! A member from Australia, I think, get into an event like this and the ticket was much cheaper, but since this is a lifetime experience I wouldn't even think twice. Bring me a Ferrari !!!!
It isn't cheap - but it was worth it!
Old 03-22-2006, 12:20 PM   #18
stmoritzer
Regular User

^ I see some kind of racetrack. How long did you ride in the Ferrari ?

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:24 PM   #19
adamwich
Regular User

I got two laps around the track.. I am not sure how long it was though.. Going to check it!
Old 03-22-2006, 01:31 PM   #20
adamwich
Regular User

overview of the "race circuit"

BTW. The Racing Festival earned $1.621.090 for unicef! That's pretty good! :shock:
Old 03-22-2006, 01:38 PM   #21
stmoritzer
Regular User

^awesome number of $ !

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:54 PM   #22
chest3r
Regular User

BTW. The Racing Festival earned $1.621.090 for unicef! That's pretty good! :shock:
:shock: :shock: Did they earned all that money just with the tickets to get a ride in the cars ???
Old 03-22-2006, 02:02 PM   #23
adamwich
Regular User

Originally Posted by chest3r
:shock: :shock: Did they earned all that money just with the tickets to get a ride in the cars ???
I am not completely sure, but I think so!
Old 03-22-2006, 07:54 PM   #24
TT
Regular User

Uhm.. it seems kinda difficult to raise 1.6 milions just with 160 $ rides.. even if SLR and CGT costed probably more, let's say an average of 200 $ / ride, that makes 8100 rides needed to raise 1.6 milions. ALl in all, strapping ppl in, doing the laps and getting out should take something between 5 and 10 minutes I'd say... let's say 5 minutes. There were what, 5 cars lapping? (CGT, GT3, SLR, GT, 430). if my maths are ok the 5 cars would have required to run with no break for 135 hours each.. admittely all this is a rough estimate, but noway they could raise such money just with those rides.. I suppose the even lasted one, max two days...
Old 03-25-2006, 11:24 AM   #25
Wutputt
Regular User

Nice event, and nice pics. From the pics it looks not only the F430 was driven hard, but also the SLR (look at the body roll)
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 08:21 PM   #26
a007apl
Regular User

a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 08:27 PM   #27
adamwich
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Uhm.. it seems kinda difficult to raise 1.6 milions just with 160 $ rides.. even if SLR and CGT costed probably more, let's say an average of 200 $ / ride, that makes 8100 rides needed to raise 1.6 milions. ALl in all, strapping ppl in, doing the laps and getting out should take something between 5 and 10 minutes I'd say... let's say 5 minutes. There were what, 5 cars lapping? (CGT, GT3, SLR, GT, 430). if my maths are ok the 5 cars would have required to run with no break for 135 hours each.. admittely all this is a rough estimate, but noway they could raise such money just with those rides.. I suppose the even lasted one, max two days...
My brother just told me that the huge amount was what the entire show earned for charity! Not just the racing part!