Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 05:37 AM   #91
jon_s
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
OK lets get back on topic, it would seem the best and most practical idea is to send a card and either make donations to Hammonds chosen charity, or put all the donations together and make one big donation in the name of the site.
We could attack this from a slightly different angle. I agree, a combined donation from JW now would be spot on. It is something his wife has expressed a wish for, and this morning, they made a comment about all the flowers they have got and how they would prefer a donation e.t.c

We could then wait, and supply a little model dragster (or what ever we feel appropriate) when Hammond gets back on TG. Instead of saying get well soon; it could say, glad you have recovered and back on TG and a ref. to JW (and perhaps the donation). It could be sent to the TG studio.

The way I see it, that gets round the immediate problem of flooding the hospital and reaching RH in person.

P.s, I will throw a few quid into the JW donation.
8)
Old 09-24-2006, 06:45 AM   #92
TopGearNL
Regular User

OK lets get back on topic, it would seem the best and most practical idea is to send a card and either make donations to Hammonds chosen charity, or put all the donations together and make one big donation in the name of the site.
Yep lets do that. Who will be collecting all the money and donating it in the name of JW?
Old 09-24-2006, 07:26 AM   #93
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by TopGearNL
Yep lets do that. Who will be collecting all the money and donating it in the name of JW?
I can do that if people are happy to trust me, I will of course post up screen grabs to prove that I paid the money over, please can someone find out if the charity take visa, cheque and paypal etc, it would be easier to post the proof up if it were visa or paypal.

I will make a list of everyone that has donated in the name of JW here (which can have its own thread if there is enough demand for it) :

Anyone wanting to make a donation to the Hammond chosen charity in the name of JW (but your name will be included on the get well card) can sned their donations to the usual address [email protected] - PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU MENTION THAT THE DONATION IS FOR THE HAMMOND CHARITY

Jabba - £20
Old 09-24-2006, 07:29 AM   #94
jon_s
Regular User

I am sure the link is floating about elsewhere, but the current total is brilliant!!:

http://www.justgiving.com/PHRichardHammond?page=1

p.s it looks like the donors have the amount and name shown, which is enough proof for me. 8)
Old 09-24-2006, 07:30 AM   #95
Jabba
Regular User

I heard someone gave £50,000, was it you jon by any chance ?
Old 09-24-2006, 07:33 AM   #96
jon_s
Regular User

I wish it was Jabba, alas, I am yet to have a salary which would cover that kind of generosity.

A mere £20 will have to suffice from me ops:
Old 09-24-2006, 07:39 AM   #97
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by jon_s
I am sure the link is floating about elsewhere, but the current total is brilliant!!:

http://www.justgiving.com/PHRichardHammond?page=1

p.s it looks like the donors have the amount and name shown, which is enough proof for me. 8)
Thats a great link for these reasons :

1. "if you are a UK taxpayer, an extra 28% in tax will be added to your gift at no cost to you." which I am so thats another good point.

2. You can pay by Visa.

3. You can post a message with your name that shows the amount you have donated only when you have actually paid, and we can still get some free advertising in for the site with a bit of luck.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:42 AM   #98
Jabba
Regular User

I wish it was Jabba, alas, I am yet to have a salary which would cover that kind of generosity.

A mere £20 will have to suffice from me ops:
We should now make a JW target to reach, otherwise we will be waiting forever for everyone to make their contributions.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:52 AM   #99
jon_s
Regular User

I am making mine now - just for clarity; £20 for the charity and £10 for JW - total £30.

I was going to do one payment, but can make two if you would like.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:55 AM   #100
Jabba
Regular User

Two payments would be better if possible, so we are clear on whats going to the Hammond fund. Of course when I list the payments up, if there are any mistakes then they can easily be corrected.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:57 AM   #101
jon_s
Regular User

I shall make two payments

edit:

done and done 8)
Old 09-24-2006, 08:18 AM   #102
stmoritzer
Regular User

ok, I'm back on the topic, reading all the comments made ...

I'ts good to respect their wishes about presents
and the JW-get-well card is a must!

as I said two days ago, in a week or so, the get-well/presents will dramatically drop since the life moves on and other topics are on the headlines - why not send him a personalized T-shirt from JW with some designed Hamster-topic to cheer him up when it get quite?

maybe the t-shirt is not a good idea (or not welcome by the family as they announced yet, so charity is better)
but I like the idea of pay him some attentions/get well thoughts also after the first days, what do you think guys??

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
Old 09-24-2006, 08:22 AM   #103
fsandys
Regular User

I'm lost here, why would two payments be going to JW?

Was somebody suggesting that we donate to the helicopter fund separatley??

Old 09-24-2006, 08:25 AM   #104
jon_s
Regular User

Originally Posted by fsandys

No, I made a £20 donation to the charity and a £10 donation to the running of JW
Old 09-24-2006, 08:27 AM   #105
fsandys
Regular User

Originally Posted by fsandys

No, I made a £20 donation to the charity and a £10 donation to the running of JW
Ok, thanks for clearing that up!

So can someone clarify what we're doing with the extra money once the card is bought then?

Is Jabba making one big donation to the charity in the name of the site with it?
Closed Thread