Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 07-27-2005, 07:00 PM   #46
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Can one of the mac boys please tell me why would I want a mac?
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 07:01 PM   #47
Toronto
Regular User

yes it is when I got iPodder it puts a message right into your iTunes saying welcome

to quote the cool guy "to much reading" ...
no I have said my points, I know what advertising/design companies use (and you don't need a mac mouse/keyboard/montior to run a mac , so they are easy to hide unlike what you think)
Old 07-27-2005, 07:06 PM   #48
SFDMALEX
Regular User

The only reason they use them is because mac just has a history of being the best at design, which it was few years ago. It doesnt actually make it the best. If you didnt know half the programers and CEOs of all these companies know nothing on hardware and go by what their friend or what they read in the paper or what they see in a commecrial.

I say it again, all adobe design/editing software is now availible for PC. I actually have a DVD with everything that adobe makes. Some 25 or so programs. All for PC.

And as I said before, most engineering software isnt made for Mac.

The only area were you see Macs used is as stated many times, the design industry. And those macs that the design crowd uses run the same software that is availible for PC. Just give it time when more people become aware of it macs will die.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:08 PM   #49
Toronto
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
/\/\/\So? Ipods are still shit. Doesnt change anything. Mac is not a leader in anything these days. Design...yeah right. I can build a PC that will look tons better in and out. Actually I can build a PC that will look like anything I want to these days.
mac run 85% of the portable audio market... so no wonder MS is trying to jump in
Old 07-27-2005, 07:10 PM   #50
SFDMALEX
Regular User

/\/\/\Doesnt matter to me if they run 99% of that market. Its not the best product. There are quite a few other ones that are cheaper, have better battery life, look better and play much more formats and have build in radios.

Lastly stop associating PCs with MS.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:11 PM   #51
Toronto
Regular User

The only reason they use them is because mac just has a history of being the best at design, which it was few years ago. It doesnt actually make it the best. If you didnt know half the programers and CEOs of all these companies know nothing on hardware and go by what their friend or what they read in the paper or what they see in a commecrial.

I say it again, all adobe design/editing software is now availible for PC. I actually have a DVD with everything that adobe makes. Some 25 or so programs. All for PC.

The only area were you see Macs used is as stated many times, the design industry. And those macs that the design crowd uses run the same software that is availible for PC. Just give it time when more people become aware of it macs will die.
no there are clear diff. between the Adobe PC and Mac versions... somthing you forget to point out.

final cut is used my a huge % in hollywood, marvel and DC movies are made with it. and you can't get in on PC
Old 07-27-2005, 07:13 PM   #52
Toronto
Regular User

/\/\/\Doesnt matter to me if they run 99% of that market. Its not the best product. There are quite a few other ones that are cheaper, have better battery life, look better and play much more formats and have build in radios.

Lastly stop associating PCs with MS.
sorry for keeping to the topic of the first post,
MS trying to make podcasts
Old 07-27-2005, 07:13 PM   #53
SFDMALEX
Regular User

/\/\/\ Care to list the differences?

Anyway, even if there was no adobe software for PC...What makes Mac so good for all people?
Old 07-27-2005, 07:18 PM   #54
pharzo
Regular User

Originally Posted by Toronto

no there are clear diff. between the Adobe PC and Mac versions... somthing you forget to point out.

final cut is used my a huge % in hollywood, marvel and DC movies are made with it. and you can't get in on PC
does final cut do ANYTHING that this software doesn't do?

RC45 about the Z06:
It is also a cheaply made, fast to depreciate, badly service hunk of GM crap.
pharzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 07:20 PM   #55
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by evoWALO
To every Apple basher: Ever used OS X or iPods for extensive periods of time? Most of the things said are FUD or from people who make their bread and butter maintaining Windows.
What would I do with the over priced under perfromaing hunk of crap to begin with?

Name a SINGLE thing that I would a Mac for - ANY Mac that I can't do on my PC?

And remember, I have a PC to play GTR once a month - so why should I maintain 2 Computers at home?

At the office, what would a Mac do for me or anyone else?

And I don't mean some rinky dink 5 computer over-priced design studio.

But the head office of a large Corp with 7500 personal computers to roll out, deploy maintain and manage so that their users can get on with the business of what ever the corporation does.

Rememebr, Apple tried to play in that space years ago and failed badly - because there was no software.

Please folks - get real
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 07:22 PM   #56
Toronto
Regular User

how we have moved away from the topic

the new final cut is better then avid and takes less time to do most effects
Old 07-27-2005, 07:25 PM   #57
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Toronto
Bull - other than recompiles to support Intel instruction sets, they are the same.

This has been true for many, many, many, many years.

Right down to the fact that Adobe apps for the longest time were some of the few self contained Apps that you can (I know I do it) move from PC to PC just by copying the entire App folder.

Just the same way the app works on a Mac...

I supported those piles of crap in years gone by - By the way - I can tell you, most Apple users I came across were as dumb as a box of rocks in relations to anything techincal about computers and compuitng in general.

Much like the Beemer and Benz owners who know the car uses gas - but couldn't tell you how to open the hood - yet swear blind they are car enthusiasts thats why they drive an M5 or E55.

Apple is crap - period
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:30 PM   #58
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Name a SINGLE thing that I would a Mac for - ANY Mac that I can't do on my PC?
I already asked this question, no reply so far.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:31 PM   #59
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by evoWALO
To every Apple basher: Ever used OS X or iPods for extensive periods of time? Most of the things said are FUD or from people who make their bread and butter maintaining Windows.
Yes I did. Shit and shit. Can we move on?
Old 07-27-2005, 10:43 PM   #60
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Oh BTW. See this? This is on a PC. Yes were that versatile, can do just about anything, even useless GUIs like the Mac one.