Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 09-30-2003, 12:19 PM   #16
alondahan
Regular User

Thanks

it was definitely one of the greatest races this season. looking forward to Japan
alondahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 03:08 PM   #17
draak666
Regular User

Yesssss. After ten hours of downloading I managed to get the entire video. Thanks a lot Jabba. After having a quick look, I'm sure it was worth it. I'm gonna watch it properly tomorrow. IOU....

... one review
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 03:53 PM   #18
SDK2003
Regular User

Originally Posted by stracing
i thought schuey lost it when it drizzled. but luckily it came down a bit harder.
good thing bridgestone still has intermediates. michelin must be thinking intermediates are a waste of money or something
Michelin have intermediate tyres but they aren't as good as the Bridgestone’s . Remember Bridgestone have been many more years than Michelin

|| Canon 20D x2 | 17-40L | 24-70L | 100 USM Macro | 100-400L IS | 580EX ||
SDK2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 04:41 PM   #19
initiala4
Regular User

Just finished watching the clip. Its uber......i think i miss out way too much since i dont have cable. I think its a very exciting race...plenty of overtaking..plenty of pits....UBER!
initiala4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 06:01 PM   #20
ferrari550
Regular User

yah jabba thanks alot, only watched bits and pieces so far, looks great from what i saw, i will watch it all when i get some time. thanks again.
ferrari550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 03:21 AM   #21
jakaracman
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by jakaracman
Great race. Shcumi showed that he is still the best on the field, and Montoya showed what a prick he is by taking out Rubens(a fully avoidable accident), plus he showed what a great racer in rain he is

Shcumi will take another champiosnip even if he finishes 7th. He's the man at suzuka and it's his kind of track, ferrari reliability has been great this year so everything looks good for ferrari.

Go Ferrari.
Actualy it was Rubens that was to blame for the accident with Montoya - he pushed him on the curb and into the grass (and the guys in race control - idiots, they did not have to punish anybody, it was a racing accident). Why cant some driver learn that two cars can go through the corner side by side (as Schumi and Montoya in Monza). You cant just slam the doors ... Montoya could have done that a corner before, but stayed on utside and gave Rubens the room.
Even in racing you got to keep distance mate He hit him right from the back, so its his fault. Same in racing as in a street accident, if you get hit from behind its the fault of the guy for hitting you. Montoya got some good brakes on that F1 and he could have hit the brakes if he saw Rubens rapidly declerating, which he even wasnt.

Put your self in Rubinos shoes, your driving at a normal race pace and someone just hits you from the back, your gonne, the race is over. The key word here is "normal race pace" his car did not brake or anything, so the accident was fully avoidble.
From the back? Did we watch the same race? They were side by side in the middle of corner ... Keeping the distance? JPM did keep it in the first (left) corner when he was on the outside, RB did not in the next. Watch the replay again ...
I really hate it when guys like RB destroy an enjojable duel on the track, why cant they be lihe Schumi, Montoya ...
jakaracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 08:39 AM   #22
tekwar
Regular User

The rain spoiled the race for all the michelin runners. Bridgestones inters are far superior. Schumy was saying that he was a nearly a second a lap quicker than the top michelin runners during the rain. After the race, michelin was saying that they learned much from that race, and promised to have a much better tire for that situation next year. Its seems an ironic thing to say when they have faced this situation quite a number of times already since their return. But i wouldnt look down at them considering the advancement they made on their tires since last year.
tekwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 01:12 PM   #23
JN396

can someone explain to me how Kimi R. still has a chance at the drivers championship when Schumi has more wins, how does the scoring go? They say if he gets in first and ties schumi for the drivers championship that he will win it, is this just hype?
Old 10-02-2003, 03:40 PM   #24
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Great race. Shcumi showed that he is still the best on the field, and Montoya showed what a prick he is by taking out Rubens(a fully avoidable accident), plus he showed what a great racer in rain he is

Shcumi will take another champiosnip even if he finishes 7th. He's the man at suzuka and it's his kind of track, ferrari reliability has been great this year so everything looks good for ferrari.

Go Ferrari.
Actualy it was Rubens that was to blame for the accident with Montoya - he pushed him on the curb and into the grass (and the guys in race control - idiots, they did not have to punish anybody, it was a racing accident). Why cant some driver learn that two cars can go through the corner side by side (as Schumi and Montoya in Monza). You cant just slam the doors ... Montoya could have done that a corner before, but stayed on utside and gave Rubens the room.
Even in racing you got to keep distance mate He hit him right from the back, so its his fault. Same in racing as in a street accident, if you get hit from behind its the fault of the guy for hitting you. Montoya got some good brakes on that F1 and he could have hit the brakes if he saw Rubens rapidly declerating, which he even wasnt.

Put your self in Rubinos shoes, your driving at a normal race pace and someone just hits you from the back, your gonne, the race is over. The key word here is "normal race pace" his car did not brake or anything, so the accident was fully avoidble.
From the back? Did we watch the same race? They were side by side in the middle of corner ... Keeping the distance? JPM did keep it in the first (left) corner when he was on the outside, RB did not in the next. Watch the replay again ...
I really hate it when guys like RB destroy an enjojable duel on the track, why cant they be lihe Schumi, Montoya ...
When Montoya hit RB he hit him right in the back of the car. Maybe we were watching different race's.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 06:23 PM   #25
draak666
Regular User

Go Ferrari.

When Montoya hit RB he hit him right in the back of the car. Maybe we were watching different race's.
I think you were, because in the US GP Montoya hit Barichello in the side.
Watch 07:06 and 07:22 of the video. Motoya hit Barichello's rear wheel from the side. It cannot get any clearer than this.

And just to prove my opinion is not biassed, I think Schumi deserves the championsip title.

Thanks for posting this video, Jabba. It was indeed a great race. The tyres definitely had an influence but hey, what you gonna do about it? That's motorsport... It's all about how well the man and the machine work together. And that's why I like it.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:11 PM   #26
stracing
Regular User

they decided it was montoya fault becuase montoya was next to BUT behind ruben's second half of the car. so montoya should of gave way. but if montoya's nose was further up a bit ie more than half of ruben's car length than i say it would be racing incident. just look back at nurburgring and you'll see montoya and schuey were neck and neck. that was dismissed as racing incident.

thats how i thought of it. this rule applies to a lot of other motorsport too
stracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 04:09 AM   #27
jakaracman
Regular User

And it also ruins good racing. If they are side to side (it sholud not matter who is a meter in front or not), they sholud give each other room. MS and JPM in Monza are good example, one of the best moments of the season. FIA should really change the rules somewhat.
jakaracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 05:22 AM   #28
draak666
Regular User

I didn't know that there was a rule that said that the car should be further than half the length of the other car. Anyway, while breaking before getting into the corner both cars are shifting places towards one and other. So both of them should have been careful. And Rubens should have known that Montya just isn't that kind of driver.
Old 10-04-2003, 07:55 AM   #29
tekwar
Regular User

Originally Posted by justin syder
can someone explain to me how Kimi R. still has a chance at the drivers championship when Schumi has more wins, how does the scoring go? They say if he gets in first and ties schumi for the drivers championship that he will win it, is this just hype?
Kimi is currently 9 points behind schumi. The only way for him to win the champ is to win the next GP and schumi to not score any points, giving him a 1 pt advantage in the points table. If micheal even scores 1 pt, he would win even though they would both have equal points because he has more wins than kimi through the season.
tekwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 09:05 AM   #30
Jabba
Regular User

Exactly correct and very well put 8)
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote