Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-18-2006, 06:54 AM   #61
htfaber
Regular User

All the best for the coming period of time. It's heartstopping to read and I hope all the people around you will give you the strenght and support you need.

It's hard to find the right words, just all the best possible in this situation.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:19 AM   #62
davide
Regular User

Reading this actually brought a tear to my eye.

Stay strong TT, hope you'll be alright!
We'll be here for you.

/David
Old 12-18-2006, 08:09 AM   #63
frozzu
Regular User

I'm really sorry for your loss. It really is the worst thing that could happen. I'm sure you'll feel better as the time goes by. I hope you already feel a bit better. I don't know what else to say. Really a sad day for everyone here on jabbasworld. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
frozzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:25 AM   #64
Evo
Regular User

My condolences to your friends family and to you..
Old 12-18-2006, 10:55 AM   #65
franck bullitt
Regular User

Location: 10 mls from Eurodisneyland....and too far from unlimited speed's highway!

Don't what to add or say.... :cry: :cry:
RIP for your friend.....

I hope you won't have so many troubles with justice
Old 12-18-2006, 11:20 AM   #66
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by stmoritzer
prolly you mentioned it somewhere, but is the A3 driver ok too ?
Yep, just bruises for him and his lady, but of course they acted like dicks with me (they actually seemed the more shocked ones in that situation.. weird...). I guess I'm gonna call them in a few days to be sure they are ok and also that they aren't trying to get bilions from my insurance...

Originally Posted by brembo

Its important that you think about yourself these days, talk to friends/familiy about what happened, how does the familiy of your friend cope with this tragedy?
I can't say they take this situation "well"... but still. They are busy with all the preparations needed to have two funerals (one in Lausanne and one in Lugano, the same day, must be damn stressing). With me they are very kind. We are in constant contact and we see / phone eachother every day. I am also helping them in contacting friends and such about what happened. They are very kind with me for now and I am thankful about this of course.
Sadly today they were quite shocked when discovered the biggest newspaper in Ticino had a four columns article about the accident, with of course various pics of the car and my friend's name in it. Also, some details of his life weren't correct, and that pissed them off a lot since nobody talked to them before printing that

Also, while editing the first Gstaad pics (well, need to keep my mind busy someway) I also stumbled upon the pics of the 944 on snow.. first and last time for it. It's shocking to see the car so fit and nice and realize where we were two hours later.. disturbing...
Old 12-18-2006, 11:31 AM   #67
MartijnGizmo
Regular User

I dunno what to say. RIP
Old 12-18-2006, 02:55 PM   #68
Dubai
Regular User

My condolences goes to your friend.

I also had a dear friend who passed away in a car accident, very close freind, a Friend that will inspire you and you wanna be him some day...

With his newly married wife next to him, few inches away + his sister in the back seat walked away! (Just 4 months Honey Mooners)
Dubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 02:56 PM   #69
sameerrao
Regular User

Is there any possibility that something gave way in the rear suspension causing a slide - it could be loose lugbolts or maybe a shock/damper that gave way. This assumes that the rear suspension survived the accident of course.

Is someone investigating into the mechanical side of things as well?

I think the salt/ice or bumps on the road affecting one set of wheels and not the others will cause the car to swerve unpredictably as well. Think Ayrton Senna and Tamburello.

Shame on the A3 drivers trying to milk the incident for what its worth

I am glad to hear that your friend's family are taking it very well so far. Keeping in touch with them on a daily basis is great on your part.

To think that if your car hit the guardrail and spun the other way, it would have been your funeral. It was luck of the draw that you survived. I hope the police act rationally in this case and treat this incident fairly.

Looks like you are taking it well so far! Congrats

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:11 PM   #70
ARMAN
Regular User

A friend of mine told how he crashed his Sierra while overtaking another car only he just flew from the road to the field. The back of the car all of a sudden just slipped(wet tarmak no ice or anything) and he totally lost control over the car. He wasnt speeding except going a bit faster than normal to overtake the car.

Why the hell this have happened to you... the person who is calm and not a crazy nuthead driver... we all have to be more serious and much more careful.

Keep us informed Matteo how things are going and what will be happening.

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:44 PM   #71
redbaron
Regular User

My condolances to you and your friends family

may he rest in peace...
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:56 PM   #72
bmagni
Regular User

Sorry to read this...

May he rest in peace and keep it strong TT !!

Anything you need, feel free to ask...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 12:18 AM   #73
Zot09
Regular User

Sorry to hear such bad news TT, it must be like hell right now. Just stay strong.

I hope your friend R.I.P. :cry:

-Brian
Old 12-19-2006, 01:10 AM   #74
Schwalbe

It's hard for us to find the right words to express our sadness and our sympathy to you vis-a-vis this such a tragic event which happened. Let me says that my deep feelings are for you, your and your friends family and may your great friend rest in peace. :cry:

Don't forget Matteo that we are all here with you. Good luck my friend !
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:16 AM   #75
mit5005
Regular User

I'm very sorry for your loss TT.

And it is so sad he had to go at such a young age.

I lost a friend (age 20) a few weeks ago in a car accident but he wasn't that close of a friend and I wasn't in the car, so I can't even imagine what you are going through.

As many have said, we are here for you and I am glad we can help you cope with this tragedy.
mit5005 is offline   Reply With Quote