Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 02-09-2005, 09:04 AM   #1
oantob
Regular User

Default 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T

Engine
Type: V8
Displacement cu in (cc): 345 (5654)
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 350(261) / 5000
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 390(525) / 4000
Redline at RPM: 5800

Brakes & Tires
Brakes F/R: ABS, vented disc/vented disc
Tires F-R: 235/55 R18
Driveline: Rear Wheel Drive

With a great HEMI engine this muscle car offers 350HP and 390 lb-ft of torque at the rear.
But not all feels like muscle car, this car engine will be equiped with Multi-displacement System (MDS) to make this big engine 20 percent improved fuel economy...
Overall this car looks great for a 4 door muscle car, and the front headlamps almost look like Skyline GT-R IMO

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Old 02-09-2005, 12:58 PM   #2
astonmartinandy
Regular User

That is f*cking ugly..

Not my choice of muscle car at all!
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 01:15 PM   #3
coloradosilver
Regular User

Besides the extra 2 doors, It looks like they just copied the mustang.

It sucks!
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 01:34 PM   #4
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

what the hell is this? who needs the daytona version when they are coming out with the SRT-8 6.1L hemi. i guess this is what the rumble bee package is to the dodge ram. not really a big fan of this version. i like the new charger but this "daytona" package seems to be kinda pointless and not all that attractive.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:14 PM   #5
hemi_fan
Regular User

OMFG, STOP USING UP ALL THE GOOD NAMES ON THIS SHITTY CAR!! THIS ANGERS ME! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock:

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 06:47 PM   #6
Vansquish
Regular User

It may be ugly, but it's not as ugly as the standard car, and the graphics and spoiler etc...etc...divert some attention from the extra doors.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 06:50 PM   #7
mustang07
Regular User

Wow what a shame. A name so great wasted on nothing. I mean when you think of the Charger Daytona you think huge ass wing and coned nose not rice wing and bubbley front. Not to mention track records. The original had the optional 425 horsepower hemi which was even 50 horses over the 440 cubic. This one just has a 10 horsepower jump from 340 (R/T version) to 350 (R/T Daytona version), that is if that stays as reported. I know with the gas prices and all the companies may not give as much power as they should but wrong name for a wrong car. Dodge could of done much better. They should of stuck with the concept Charger from awhile back (2004?).

I could only imagine what a 'Cuda or Roadrunner would look like if Plymouth was still around. Best that those names won't get tarnished.
mustang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 01:02 PM   #8
RC45
Regular User

What an under powered lump of shit.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:19 PM   #9
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...icleId=104749#

how ridiculous is this......dodge needs to stop. apparently you can just slap on a sticker and a rear spoiler and call it a special edition. wasnt the rumble bee enough?? :roll: :roll:

posted 2/18/2005
A limited-edition 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona pickup, which brings the historic Daytona nameplate to the Ram lineup, debuts Friday at Daytona International Speedway.

The first 75 production Ram Daytona models will make a ceremonial lap prior to the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race.

The new Ram Daytona comes equipped with an 11-inch rear spoiler and flat-black graphics on the bed sides, which Dodge says are reminiscent of the winged 1969 Dodge Charger. Other features include a performance-style hood scoop, side-exiting twin chrome exhaust tips, body-colored grille and 20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels.

The Ram Daytona gets a 5.7-liter Hemi V8 that makes 345 horsepower and 375 lb-ft of torque. It is mated to a five-speed automatic transmission.

The Ram Daytona is on sale now and priced from $32,000. The limited-edition model will include a numbered plaque on the dash.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:20 PM   #10
bmagni
Regular User

looks like a 4 door mustang
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 04:29 PM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
looks like a 4 door mustang
Another under powered lump of shit.. heheh
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 07:05 PM   #12
FoxFour
Regular User

I am actually in tears while looking at this truck. That's gay. Can't wait till I see one of these around here, which being in the South I will probably see one tomorrow.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote